Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIF-Austin-Powers-come-here-cry-crying-Dr.-Evil-hug-hug-it-out-sad-GIF.gif
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16993-1369165785-3-1424984315.gif

"There are a lot of not just unusual, but shocking and maybe never before seen things [in the Tuohys' actions], for even attorneys experienced in this area," said Victoria Haneman, a professor of trusts and estates at the Creighton University School of Law.
The Tuohys said they set up the conservatorship to help Oher with health insurance, a driver's license and being admitted to college.
"At the end of the day, you do not put an adult in a conservatorship because they need help with a driver's license or college applications," Haneman said.
The Tuohys didn't instead adopt Oher because the conservatorship was the fastest way to satisfy the NCAA's concerns that the Tuohys weren't simply steering a talented athlete to Ole Miss, lawyer Randall Fishman said.
"There was one thing to accomplish, and that was to make him part of the family, so that the NCAA would be satisfied because Sean would have been a booster of the university," Fishman said.
"I am frankly floored that any judge allowed them to use the conservatorship in this way, you know, with the purpose of circumventing NCAA rules," Haneman, the Creighton professor said.
"There's no really clear answer as to what the legal obstacle was for them [the Tuohys] to complete the adoption," Haneman said. "They did say (Wednesday) that it was a timing issue, but that timing issue would not have prevented them from completing the adoption while he was at Ole Miss."

Also conservatorship does not make one part of family. And it is not retroactive. This raises major issues as to why the NCAA permitted conservatorship after-the-fact to excuse and coverup recruiting violations. And also whether this "fix" was negotiated in advance of the conservatorship by the Tuohys or someone acting officially or unofficially on behalf of the Tuohys and/or Ole Miss.

Moreover, it raises questions about the judge and the allegiances and connects of the judge who approved the conservatorship.

The article ends with clearly Tuohy-friendly distractions about movie profits and Hollywood and whatnot.

This is the first evidence I have seen that someone in the media is noticing the actual issues in the Tuohys-Oher case. I just saw it but it was published yesterday.

Last edited:
Then the article ends with clearly Tuohy-friendly distractions about movie profits and Hollywood and whatnot.

Also conservatorship does not make one part of family. And it is not retroactive. This raises major issues as to why the NCAA permitted conservatorship after-the-fact to excuse recruiting violations. And also whether this "fix" was negotiated in advance of the conservatorship by the Tuohys or someone acting officially or unofficially on behalf of the Tuohys and/or Ole Miss.

Moreover, it raises questions about the judge and the allegiances and connects of the judge who approved the conservatorship.

This is the first evidence I have seen that someone in the media is noticing the actual issues in the Tuohys-Oher case. I just saw it but it was published yesterday.

If they adopt then he would get a third of the fast food fortune right?

This way not an heir to the family fortune.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I just hope if Joe does not perform well in a game or two, fan base doesn't start screaming for Nico. Maybe doing well in practice but it's totally different from in game pressure.....
Be prepared. After the first back-to-back 3 and outs this forum will be filled with people wanting Nico, “just to see what he can do”

Also conservatorship does not make one part of family. And it is not retroactive. This raises major issues as to why the NCAA permitted conservatorship after-the-fact to excuse and coverup recruiting violations. And also whether this "fix" was negotiated in advance of the conservatorship by the Tuohys or someone acting officially or unofficially on behalf of the Tuohys and/or Ole Miss.

The article ends with clearly Tuohy-friendly distractions about movie profits and Hollywood and whatnot.

You're telling me a local judge skirted the law for a rich person?! How uncommon that must be....

No, not necessarily. One is entitled to distribute and withhold assets as one wishes in one's lifetime and in a will. They could have included or disinherited him, as they wished.

The NCAA arrangement to permit the Tuohys to cheat with impunity has always been at the heart of the case, in my opinion.

Along with the false version of events that the Tuohys employed verbally, in book and movie, and otherwise.

The Tuohys have not only managed a giant coverup, they have used the coverup to make themselves "adoption" "heroes" and to found and operate businesses "selling" their "heroism."

Last edited:
You're telling me a local judge skirted the law for a rich person?! How uncommon that must be....
😂

And this will come into play again. Because in any legal proceeding what is often decisive but overlooked in media coverage and people's understanding is what a judge permits or excludes from inclusion in a case. Certain topics and evidence can simply be declared verboten. If the NCAA issue is excluded by the judge, the case will obviously have been pre-rigged.

OTOH, one result of the Tuohys' peculiar use of conservatorship is that the Tuohys were immediately legally responsible for seeking Oher's inclusion in the Tuohys' estate as Oher's sole representatives. And Oher was barred from seeking it in his own name because the Tuohys had rendered Oher something like a juvenile at law.

Clarification: I'm not in the least saying or suggesting that heirship was ever an aim of Oher. The Tuohys are the ones who asked Oher to call them "Mom" and "Dad" and lied to him that they were going to adopt him and that they loved him like a son.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
Sorry to interrupt the Tuohy debate, but I’ve always liked this Twitter feed. About halfway through the video, it’s wild how the pitcher swings his glove hand out ahead of the pitch. Feels like it hides the ball for a tick longer. I love it.

Just look at the “speed” of those pitches. Can’t be more than 73mph by the looks of it.

For people siding without pertinent evidence with the team of Hugh Freeze, Ed Orgeron, and the blessed Tuohys, please find comfort in the fact that Rev. Freeze just came out hours ago with his personal good housekeeping seal of approval on the Tuohys' extremely questionable legal doings and recruiting practices.

Alas, Rev. Freeze does mention in passing that "I certainly don’t claim to understand ... adoption, conservatory, all of that." So his opinion is an impertinence and a suck up.

Freeze may be concerned lest he end up in hot water yet again.

Oher attended Briarcrest, a private school in Shelby County, Tennessee. Hugh Freeze, the head coach of Briarcrest from 1995 to 2004 was hired onto the Ole Miss staff as an assistant athletic director for football external affairs in 2005. He effectively brought Oher with him to Ole Miss in a deal that appears to have involved numerous glaring NCAA recruiting violations.

Guarantee you he's an Ole Miss fan.
😂 Likely. Possibly even an alum. Other times these things happen in order for the judge to deserve favor and benefits from multi-cent-millionaires and the like.

Memphis is full of well-connected Ole Miss fans, unfortunately.

I would like to know who the judge is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back