Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is starting AutoCAD classes at school today. Do you have any pointers I could share with her?
Is she in high school or a trade school?

If she is going into the construction field she should try to get on a job site to look at how everything goes together. If she is going into a mechanical field, old engines and machinery for her to take apart. AutoCad is a tool, her brain and the understanding of how things are put together is what will set her apart from others in the field. Too many want to learn AutoCad strictly because it's an office job and they don't know how anything works. People that understand the assembly tend to do extremely well in this field.

3D modelling is the future. I would recommend she find someone that will teach her Tekla and then she should learn programming as well. It isn't a cheap program and if she can find someone to show her how to effectively use while they pay her, she can pretty much name her price in about 5 years.

I came into the drafting world during the transition from the board to AutoCad. My first 6 months was board work then I was moved into the AutoCad department because I was 18. Now AutoCad is old news compared to some of the 3D softwares like Tekla.
I learned first on a T square, then parallel bar, then drafting machine. When I started my business AutoCad was way more than I could afford. Ended up buying a cheap cad program from OfficeMax for $15. Ended up purchasing TurboCad a d have been using it ever since. My son is working in the business now and he's using Fusion 360. That's what he was taught to use in the engineering school at UT.

Apparently Butch Jones at their Arkansas club told them it was year 2 for him because year 1 was really year 0… some things never change

You can tell from his interviews and pressers at Arkansas State (not to mention his abysmal record) that he hasn't learned or changed anything since getting fired from Tennessee.

I know this is a stretch and big ask, but any chance someone has or knows of someone with a group of 10 tickets for the South Carolina game? A large portion of my family are trying to go to this game together.

My daughter is starting AutoCAD classes at school today. Do you have any pointers I could share with her?
The biggest thing I tell new employees about cad is don't think about what your drawing as lines and circles.... they represent real items such as walls beams or ducts and pipes. Once you start to understand that then you can begin to create the 3d image in your head and can recognize interferences as your laying out your design.

I know this is a stretch and big ask, but any chance someone has or knows of someone with a group of 10 tickets for the South Carolina game? A large portion of my family are trying to go to this game together.

Finding 10 together is likely going to be difficult. You may have to just try to get 10 as close together as possible. My wife and 1 of my daughters will be up for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back