Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve watched and attended games since 1968. I’ve seen good quarterbacks not so good quarterbacks, absolute dismal quarterbacks and record setting quarterbacks.
This year I will be rooting for Joe Milton like nobodies business!!
This young man has earned everyone’s respect in how he handled being replace by Hendon. Light’em up Joe!!🧡

Where are the sneaker heads?

Need opinion on some Nike dunks
giphy.gif

Is 2023 the most anticipated season since '98 after the '97 season? '00-'01? '15-'16? . .

I think '15-'16 @ #3 falls just behind '00-'01 as #2, then '97-'98 as #1. Does this season' anticipation jump any or all of these?
05’ was supposedly setup to be a fantastic year… ended in flames. Absolutely awful. Hate even talking about that year

05’ was supposedly setup to be a fantastic year… ended in flames. Absolutely awful. Hate even talking about that year
We were preseason #3 and even #2 in some places for 2005.

That defense is one of the best of the 21st century, but the offense was so bad that no one remembers it

Is 2023 the most anticipated season since '98 after the '97 season? '00-'01? '15-'16? . .

I think '15-'16 @ #3 falls just behind '00-'01 as #2, then '97-'98 as #1. Does this season' anticipation jump any or all of these?
Since Peyton had just gone pro, expectations going into the 1998 season actually weren't that high as we had a first year starter (Tee) at QB.

I’ve watched and attended games since 1968. I’ve seen good quarterbacks not so good quarterbacks, absolute dismal quarterbacks and record setting quarterbacks.
This year I will be rooting for Joe Milton like nobodies business!!
This young man has earned everyone’s respect in how he handled being replace by Hendon. Light’em up Joe!!🧡

Yes!

If ya know ya know...

Light em up Joe and stomp em into the floor...

Light em up Joe and stomp em into the floor

Edit: For some reason my mind went to Vern Gosdin. 😆

Last edited:
I think it was Josh Pate who said that after the 2016 UGA game, he was on the field well after nearly everyone had left when Butch came out with his entourage to soak it all in. That was as good as it would get for him. Arkansas State is fixing to can his fake backside, too.

At the time I loved hearing that. I thought of Butch as sort of an underdog coach who was learning how to win in the SEC and who would eventually be good with the right staff. Seemed like he was living his dream and finally tasting success.

But in hindsight…it’s a total “really?” moment. He just had low expectations for himself and the program. He genuinely thought 9-4 with a bowl win was a great season and that he should be coach for life for delivering results like that. Deep down, he didn’t believe Tennessee could compete with Bama or a full strength UGA/Florida.

Someone in here said that it must burn Butch like hell that Heupel is living his dream.

Unlike @Orange., I wasn't completely out after that UF game. I was close to out but we finished 2015 so strong that I got back on the bus. The first half of 2016 was great in spite of the flashing warning signs (App State), but after we lost to Vandy in 2016 I was out. I STILL didn't think we should've fired him then because back-to-back 9-4 season weren't awful after what had happened with Dooley. But I was wrong because Butch followed that up with the only 8-loss campaign in Tennessee history. Until 2017, only two programs in all of college football had never lost so many games in a single season. It was down to 1 after Butch got done with us.

I can't stand him. And for him to smoke a cigar in the Bama locker room in 2018 -- I mean, I guess he deserved one given the ditch he put Tennessee further into, so he played a role in Bama's win in that manner I suppose -- but like we did him dirty by paying him tens of millions to go away after he objectively failed.

I think it was Josh Pate who said that after the 2016 UGA game, he was on the field well after nearly everyone had left when Butch came out with his entourage to soak it all in. That was as good as it would get for him. Arkansas State is fixing to can his fake backside, too.
As much as @bignewt hates to see a rehash of former coaches, I’ll put my two cents in, even if it draws his ire. I was out with the Vandy loss with a sugar bowl on the line. Okay, he failed here and fired, but to smoke a cigar in our house, against the players he recruited and while having nothing to do with the win, makes him the slimmest coach to wear the orange in my book. Sorry, Newt.

As much as @bignewt hates to see a rehash of former coaches, I’ll put my two cents in, even if it draws his ire. I was out with the Vandy loss with a sugar bowl on the line. Okay, he failed here and fired, but to smoke a cigar in our house, against the players he recruited and while having nothing to do with the win, makes him the slimmest coach to wear the orange in my book. Sorry, Newt.
Perfectly said!! It was the celebrating like he actually did something to earn that win! When he was actually more to blame for the loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back