Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my second and last chance game with Butch. I wanted to replace him in the 4th quarter of our Okla blowout that he turned into a loss by trying to run the clock out for about a quarter and a half. I wasn't just exaggerating for effect: I was completely serious. He sucked and sucks.

I was persuaded by my bro to give Butch one more chance (against my better judgement) and I watched that FL game with him. I was 100% never again from that point forward.

Saved me some grief, but no Vols fan should have to endure that feeling. I never had any confidence in the guy thereafter. I enjoyed some wins in 2016 but I never thought they would amount to anything. And they didn't. I can't believe it took so long to get rid of him.

Butch Jones with a lead in the 4th Q:

1692664337214.gif

Josh Heupel with a lead in the 4th Q:

1692664469759.gif

Absolutely stacked class. Best in decades, 3 years of Heupel and co development later we could look back at this class as one of our all time greats. Just upgraded my Vol Club membership from Rocky top to Checkerboard. Heup train is rolling! And for the first time ever we get to be a direct contributor to success beyond Saturdays in Neyland!

Boom!! Taking the number one recruit in the state of Alabama is like beating them a second time!

And, this is my 1,000th post!

I lurked for several years and then finally created an account and started participating during Brady Hoke's limited reign. I stayed primarily on this board with a few comments on the bourbon board.
But I've been a Vol fan for decades and an alumni for almost 20 years.

This place has been a tremendous escape during the day and great connection to my beloved University and team even though I haven't been able to make it back for a game since Dooley's first year. Over half a dozen opportunities to return fell through at the last minute (frustratingly), though I did get to watch the game here in Charlotte against WVU.

I tend to limit my posting to avoid getting into chat board arguments and bumped to the politics thread. Being disconnected and having no information of my own to share, I try to opine on team or provide a humourous quip.
But I have immensely enjoyed this community. I've enjoyed cheering with you while watching a game, praying with you when troubles have befallen you, championing yours and your family's successes and have really appreciated all of the Vol information you bring to share.

At the rate of my posting, by the time I reach 2000 posts, the Vols will have at least two football National Championships, Three Baseball World Series victories and one March Madness Championship under our belts.
The future looks bright! Thanks for letting me stay a part of it.
Go Vols!

15-0!

TLDR: Love most of you morans, the rest I'll see at Waffle House. And Go Vols!!

Chris Cole is the next Tennessee target with a set decision, as he is scheduled to announce on September 10th. The Vols have become much more of a factor in this one. Danny Okoye and Nasir Smith have both mentioned making a decision in late September or October. -Matt Ray
Just looked at the class calculator. If we add those three, plus Wingo and Mikell, that would be good for about the 5th ranked class per the past two years. Probably a stretch to get both Wingo and Mikell at this point.

Looks like it turned out nice! Enjoy!

I'm new to the game. Only butt I've done so far I wrapped at 4 hours. Turned out good.

Need to drop in the grilling thread in the pub forum on here. Everyone helped me out a lot when I bought my pellet.
I've learned that waiting a little longer to wrap (170 or more) really makes my smokes turn out better. Powering through the stall too fast can leave a lot of fat unrendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back