Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen average QBs have a Heisman like performance when they play us. Anthony Richardson had his best game of the year against us. Anyway, I think we win, but until we really beat them handily, that game makes me nervous

AR was wildly inconsistent but still a top 5 pick and now a starting NFL QB.

We are honestly due a game where A) UF’s starter craps down his leg and B) the backup is even worse. Or simply comes into the game too late to make a difference.

I did. At around 170. 7.5 hours in I think it was when I wrapped it. Finished off at 205 in 9.5

Looks like it turned out nice! Enjoy!

I'm new to the game. Only butt I've done so far I wrapped at 4 hours. Turned out good.

Need to drop in the grilling thread in the pub forum on here. Everyone helped me out a lot when I bought my pellet.

I know this is a stretch and big ask, but any chance someone has or knows of someone with a group of 10 tickets for the South Carolina game? A large portion of my family are trying to go to this game together.

Make that 11 my Vol brother please!
Wait, don’t forget cousins @InVOLuntary , @butchna , @Ulysees E. McGill , and many more cousins who are happy to go with you our favorite cousin! 😇

I'm new to the game. Only butt I've done so far I wrapped at 4 hours. Turned out good.

Need to drop in the grilling thread in the pub forum on here. Everyone helped me out a lot when I bought my pellet.
Thanks! It was great. My first time too. Legit seasoned the smoker side Saturday then smoked on it Sunday. Check out Meat Church on Instagram or YouTube. I just followed his way for a pork butt even the seasoning😂

Thanks! It was great. My first time too. Legit seasoned the smoker side Saturday then smoked on it Sunday. Check out Meat Church on Instagram or YouTube. I just followed his way for a pork butt even the seasoning😂

I have. Lots of good info! I've been using their rubs exclusively so far and like them a lot. Open to trying some others though.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I have. Lots of good info! I've been using their rubs exclusively so far and like them a lot. Open to trying some others though.
i used the honey hog. I used his voodoo for wings that I fried on Saturday night and it was great on there

Reactions: KptVFL
We were preseason #3 and even #2 in some places for 2005.

That defense is one of the best of the 21st century, but the offense was so bad that no one remembers it
Am I the only one that day dreams how shocking to the CFB world it would have been if Heupel could have been Fulmer's OC throughout the 2000s? Umpteen championships in a row in a game that would have zero idea wth our offense was doing. Score 70 a game and allow 15. Lots of "natties".

I haven’t done a Boston butt on the smoker yet, but my wife prepared a 2 lb one in the pressure cooker yesterday and it came out relatively excellent. When shopping for pork butt, I end up with that half and half butt/shoulder that Costco sells. It always comes out excellent, but this sounds superior. Stepdaughter gets married next March and I’m responsible for half the BBQ for the reception. Smoke 3/4 of them and supplement with some from the pressure cooker and I’ll be free to drink Woodford and judge the new in-laws.

i used the honey hog. I used his voodoo for wings that I fried on Saturday night and it was great on there

Like minds. Exactly what I used!

Been mixing the Holy Cow and Gospel more since on ribs and such. Like the bit of kick ya get from that coarse pepper in the Holy Cow.

Made a few tenderloins this week and mixed the Holy Cow, Gospel, Voodoo, and honey hog! Turned out great! Have discovered that you don't want to go low and slow on the lean cuts. Ruined my 1st cook on my smoker by doing that on a pork loin. Made me question if I'd made a bad purchase. Lol. Was just a bad chef.

20230820_184306.jpg

20230818_214928.jpg

Am I the only one that day dreams how shocking to the CFB world it would have been if Heupel could have been Fulmer's OC throughout the 2000s? Umpteen championships in a row in a game that would have zero idea wth our offense was doing. Score 70 a game and allow 15. Lots of "natties".
What happened on his coaching journey led to what we’re enjoying. Skip or edit any part and we may not get the same product.

Like minds. Exactly what I used!

Been mixing the Holy Cow and Gospel more since on ribs and such. Like the bit of kick ya get from that coarse pepper in the Holy Cow.

Made a few tenderloins this week and mixed the Holy Cow, Gospel, Voodoo, and honey hog! Turned out great! Have discovered that you don't want to go low and slow on the lean cuts. Ruined my 1st cook on my smoker by doing that on a pork loin. Made me question if I'd made a bad purchase. Lol. Was just a bad chef.

View attachment 571295

View attachment 571296
Nice! I’m pumped to try more things out. The loin looks good! Think the lady wants me to try chicken this weekend. That’s stressful for me. Will be quite a while before I take the risk for brisket lol

I haven’t done a Boston butt on the smoker yet, but my wife prepared a 2 lb one in the pressure cooker yesterday and it came out relatively excellent. When shopping for pork butt, I end up with that half and half butt/shoulder that Costco sells. It always comes out excellent, but this sounds superior. Stepdaughter gets married next March and I’m responsible for half the BBQ for the reception. Smoke 3/4 of them and supplement with some from the pressure cooker and I’ll be free to drink Woodford and judge the new in-laws.

Well, of course! 😆

Honestly seems it'd be pretty hard to F one up. May have jinxed myself cause planning to do one for Labor Day. Local grocery had em on sale for $1.48 a lb.

Nice! I’m pumped to try more things out. The loin looks good! Think the lady wants me to try chicken this weekend. That’s stressful for me. Will be quite a while before I take the risk for brisket lol

Yeah. Not tried a brisket either. Expensive and very time consuming!

Have found my chicken turns out better at around 325 though. Keep in mind I'm weird, I suppose, and really will only eat boneless breasts. Did do some wings and everyone seemed to like them. Went hotter on those as well

Go to the Pub and read through that thread. Probably where this conversation is about to be moved to anyway. 😆

Psh. I told you I was coming up for that game. Are you officially not catching that one?
Not going to be able to catch that one. I committed to playing in a 4 man golf scramble that Saturday, that benefits a church camp that my daughter loves to attend. Hoping that will be a night game, so I can make it home in plenty of time to watch it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back