Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly my only trigger are newcomers to CFB that don't get our historical importance and greatness. I have to literally show them we are a top 10 all-time winning program and AP program (loved seeing that last week so I could text it to a few folks 😆).

Some people are NFL fans that came onto CFB from outside the region...they don't have the knowledge passed down, so I must "re-educate" them on who the true bluebloods of CFB are.

But it can be a trying exercise and, yes, triggering. That's probably the only thing that triggers me surrounding UT football. The rest is smoke.

There was no hire worth a runny 💩 to be made that late in the carousel....it was 100% his fault we ended up with Dooley.
No, it wasn't. Yeah, him leaving the way he did was bullsh!t of the highest order, no doubt...but, not only did Mike Hamilton hire him, and not only did he give him a contract where he and USC had to pony up only pocket change for his buy-out, Hamilton is also the one who hired Dooley, period

Anyone who says Kiffin BEFORE Mike Hamilton, as it pertains to these last years since, we'll just have to disagree.

As far as Dooley's hiring goes, all Hamilton had to do was not panic, first and foremost, have some balls about you for fk sakes, name an interim for the season, an entire season for him to make a very good list of candidates, hit the ground running the moment the clock struck zero in the last game.

I've always said Hamilton should shoulder the VAST MAJORITY of our fall's weight.

Also, the way Hamilton treated Fulmer, he should have the sh!t kicked out of him.

Actually interested in what Georgia looks like next year. It will be a major reset year for them. All the guys that have been there for their run will be moving on and it's all the new guys that have been recruited in during that period. And Bobo's system. Obviously, they will be fine but something I've been looking at

If Tennessee can keep Florida's running game in check this should be a comfortable victory. I don't see their QB winning the game he never showed that ability at Wisconsin...

Could be, if AR doesn’t have the game of his life last year, that game is a blowout!

How many 4th downs did they get last year? Lucky ba*tards!! Lol

Damn, disregard this post I just realized I was 50 pages behind so this post seems out of order! Guess I’ll try and catch up by Sept 2nd..

Have no doubt Cobb was great and no need for a debate, but Kamara...I mean...dang. So terribly used, but is he our most successful NFL RB? Lewis was great too, but AK put on the jets the moment he stepped into the league.
Jamal is our most successful RB. Rushed for over 10,000 yds in his career, Super Bowl, Offensive POTY in 03. Should be in the HOF.

Alvin is great, too, though, no doubt.

This mayonnaise deal may be a good thing for the Titans.. I can see the advertising already " first 20000 fans get a free squeeze bottle of Hellmann's mayonnaise". I know 20000 going to the games are a stretch but every owner has dreams...😉😉😉😉
If the free tickets don’t get them, the mayonnaise will. Not The worst strategy I’ve heard. They could have drafted Will Levis. Oh wait…

It’ll be great one day for Tennessee to have their own football documentary
Miami, FSU, Florida, Nebraska all have documentary’s about their dynasties. I’m sure Bama is certainly going to have one. Georgia probably will too down the line. Swamp Kings was fantastic

For the documentary that would require a national championship though and a dominant run. Can we get there? Off to a promising start and the recruiting now is finally getting up to match that championship hope

Reactions: knoxvol52
I mentioned this last week. This was always possible but you hoped him and HIS PEOPLE would come to their senses. His people have tried to put demands on the coaches about him playing LT. Coaches didn't cave and are going to put him where he is best.
Why would you be mad about replacing a guy who was just taken in the top 10 of the draft? That seems incredibly shortsighted and stupid.

This made me think of Butch Jones sending Medley to kick the FG on the road at Florida in 2015. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Medley had no chance of making that. He even had 2 chances to. He should have run the hail mary like he did against Georgia in 2016.

He literally missed it by a foot. That wasn’t the decision that lost that game.

Just ridiculous the damage that some irresponsible, 'out of control' people visit on other innocents.

"Officers discovered that Walker had been previously treated by AMR around 1:55 p.m. after he was found unresponsive in his vehicle. The arrest report reads that AMR administered Narcan and he was then taken to a local hospital. He was discharged around 4:20 p.m. according to court records."

Sounds like he should've been discharged to a jail cell. Found unresponsive in his vehicle used to be an automatic DUI.

Sounds like he should've been discharged to a jail cell. Found unresponsive in his vehicle used to be an automatic DUI.
My mere guess when I read that is there's a law now that says people who call for help with overdosing will not be arrested lest they not call. Or maybe they don't even have to call, only be treated. Well thought through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back