Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mere guess when I read that is there's a law now that says people who call for help with overdosing will not be arrested lest they not call. Or maybe they don't even have to call, only be treated. Well thought through.
I think there should be a difference between a person who is at their place of residence or somewhere private who calls for help and a person found passed out behind the wheel.

My biggest trigger as a Georgia fan, and a football fan in general, is listening to biased announcers during games. It has become so common and noticeable that I mostly watch games with the sound muted, even if it's a replay on youtube.
Well then, buddy, you ought to listen to Bob Kesling. No emotion there at all.

Well, that’s what happened
There's no way the coach is having the players vote on who should be the starter. I could see something like Elarbee saying "here's the lineup," Mincey getting mad, none of his teammates backing him up, and him storming out. But the coach letting the players choose the starting lineup? That's insane for a lot of reasons and would really damage my opinion of Elarbee if it were true. Not that my opinion matters.

Jamal is our most successful RB. Rushed for over 10,000 yds in his career, Super Bowl, Offensive POTY in 03. Should be in the HOF.

Alvin is great, too, though, no doubt.

Have to remember AK is a dual threat guy moreso. Now, maybe the SB ring or other accolades put JL over the top. And again not wanting to argue, because I truly would put them 1a and 1a, but AK does equal consideration:

Jamal Lewis: 12,486 total yards in 131 games:
95.3 YPG

62 TDs in 131 games:
.47 TDs/game

AK: 8,888 total yards in 88 games (ok I didn't make that up, it's a little creepy):
101 YPG

71 TDs in 88 games:
.81 TDs/game

Have no doubt Cobb was great and no need for a debate, but Kamara...I mean...dang. So terribly used, but is he our most successful NFL RB? Lewis was great too, but AK put on the jets the moment he stepped into the league.
C'mon man...I love Alvin, but Jamal is a 10,000 yard guy with a 2,000 yard season...borderline HOF career...c'mon Devo 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
No, it wasn't. Yeah, him leaving the way he did was bullsh!t of the highest order, no doubt...but, not only did Mike Hamilton hire him, and not only did he give him a contract where he and USC had to pony up only pocket change for his buy-out, Hamilton is also the one who hired Dooley, period

Anyone who says Kiffin BEFORE Mike Hamilton, as it pertains to these last years since, we'll just have to disagree.

As far as Dooley's hiring goes, all Hamilton had to do was not panic, first and foremost, have some balls about you for fk sakes, name an interim for the season, an entire season for him to make a very good list of candidates, hit the ground running the moment the clock struck zero in the last game.

I've always said Hamilton should shoulder the VAST MAJORITY of our fall's weight.

Also, the way Hamilton treated Fulmer, he should have the sh!t kicked out of him.
Ok...Fulmer sucked though...I wanted him gone.

I also will never understand why you guys think we could hire a freat coach after a season long lame duck interim ran the program even further into the mud...you would have had not one, but two completely annihilated recruiting classes and lord knows how many transfers out....it was nuked no matter what when Kiffin left.

I was right...period.

Ok...Fulmer sucked though...I wanted him gone.

I also will never understand why you guys think we could hire a freat coach after a season long lame duck interim ran the program even further into the mud...you would have had not one, but two completely annihilated recruiting classes and lord knows how many transfers out....it was nuked no matter what when Kiffin left.

I was right...period.
Bruuu...

He was a LOSING G5 coach 😐😐😐

Easily the worst CFB hire of my lifetime, if not all-time. No blueblood, under no circumstances, should be hiring a failed attorney losing G5 coach.

Not saying we should apply proper blame to Kiffin. But we can still dissect each decision on its own. And that one was beyond egregious. A 9 year old could have a better hire.

Bruuu...

He was a LOSING G5 coach 😐😐😐

Easily the worst CFB hire of my lifetime, if not all-time. No blueblood, under no circumstances, should be hiring a failed attorney losing G5 coach.

Not saying we should apply proper blame to Kiffin. But we can still dissect each decision on its own. And that one was beyond egregious. A 9 year old could have a better hire.
Yeah...Dooley sucked...Kiffin still nuked us back to the stone age.

Jamal was a true RB, AK is a slash player....the difference should seem obvious. I love AK...but he would never run the ball for 2,000 yards in a season.
Sorry, thought we were discussing overall players and total yards.

Maybe that's the disconnect. Modern RBs, even listed as running backs, ofc also tend to play with more versatility. Still call AK an rb, because he is.

Similar to discussing a pure passing QB vs a D-T QB whose running improves his stock, like a Dobbs or HH.

If the discussion is merely running the ball, then I wouldn't disagree. Semantics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back