Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we talk about greatest Tennessee Vols RBs...it always shocks me how so many forget Webb.

He is the greatest Vol RB to me, just ahead of Jamal...but I would have loved to see what Webb and Lewis could have done with a full career.

For those that wonder why I put Chuck 1st...Jamal was a big, fast and powerful runner, but Chuck was big, fast, powerful and silky smooth.

You just had to have seen him...there is no doubt in my mind he would have won the Heisman if not for that stupid injury.
I always think of the Cobb/Webb!

Easy with the “easily”. Lot of better pure RBs never got the call…like Jamal.
He still has time.

The knock on JL is he had 1 elite season, some strong ones, but not many more greats. Post-2004 was a bit of a standstill hovering around 3.5 ypc. If he had 2-3 more big seasons, he'd be a shoe-in.

And he still can be in. Time will tell. Imo his historical season and SB should put him over the top. There's a place for viewing an RB through the lens of his peak.

Here's a topic for a new and different argument...

Picture this on the Neyland Big Screen. SEC Revolution. "Volunteers of America"

Reactions: VFLBerg
Ok...Fulmer sucked though...I wanted him gone.

I also will never understand why you guys think we could hire a freat coach after a season long lame duck interim ran the program even further into the mud...you would have had not one, but two completely annihilated recruiting classes and lord knows how many transfers out....it was nuked no matter what when Kiffin left.

I was right...period.
Not if you said, "Kiffin nuked our program", or say, "Kiffin is 100% reason for Dooley". Wrong...end statement

Also, did I say anything about a "freat" coach, whatever that is? While it's my opinion that we could have hired a good coach after a season-long interim...it's what I KNOW, in knowing we could have hired one that was leagues above Dooley. What kind of move you think Danny White makes there? You think he trips over himself to get down to Ruston?

There's no way the coach is having the players vote on who should be the starter. I could see something like Elarbee saying "here's the lineup," Mincey getting mad, none of his teammates backing him up, and him storming out. But the coach letting the players choose the starting lineup? That's insane for a lot of reasons and would really damage my opinion of Elarbee if it were true. Not that my opinion matters.
Not saying that is going to be the starting lineup come Virginia, but that’s what he had them do and he got pissed. I thought it was weird too, but that’s what happened.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Not saying that is going to be the starting lineup come Virginia, but that’s what he had them do and he got pissed. I thought it was weird too, but that’s what happened.
You realized you had exposure there. 😂

We typically script practices to mix the 1s and 2s (and sometimes the 3s) in different configurations. Maybe your bff who plays at UT doesn't know that. 😂 Mincey has prolly played both RT and LT with both 1s and 2s at practice.

So you're going to have to change your story back to the starting line up to motivate the alleged upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: berryvol
Really can't blame Kiffin for that though. Kiffin didn't hire Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt - Three Horsemen of the Volpocalypse.
I most definitely blame Kiffin. The way he left (because he didn’t appreciate what he had) led to Dooley which led to Butch which led to Pruitt and all the nightmares in between those.

Sorry, thought we were discussing overall players and total yards.

Maybe that's the disconnect. Modern RBs, even listed as running backs, ofc also tend to play with more versatility. Still call AK an rb, because he is.

Similar to discussing a pure passing QB vs a D-T QB whose running improves his stock, like a Dobbs or HH.

If the discussion is merely running the ball, then I wouldn't disagree. Semantics.
Alvin is the better overall football player...Jamal was the better RB. If ground game is the game plan, slow things down, Jamal could carry it 30,35 times, if need be...not sure Alvin can.

Alvin can do more, though, absolutely; however, never forget that Jamal caught over 200 passes in his career...not great, but not too bad for the era...caught 47 in 02.

Look man you’re a good poster so I’m not gonna berate you like others. But I refuse to believe that happened. There is no way the coach straight up came out and said vote on who should be the starter. Now maybe he had them vote to prove a point but that would have meant mincey started the confrontation by saying he’s better than Crawford and he should be the starter. That is the only possible way Elarbee would have had the players vote without anything leading up to it.

I know someone who would love this lol. The tech guy was working on my computers one day and started laughing when he looked out the window. He said this guy had the battery on the hood. Another incident with the same guy was when the police pulled him over because he had cut the top off his car to make it a convertible!

I most definitely blame Kiffin. The way he left (because he didn’t appreciate what he had) led to Dooley which led to Butch which led to Pruitt and all the nightmares in between those.
Wouldn’t have mattered….. it was the leadership above Kiffin that was the problem.

Reactions: barrylee
Well, we obviously can't have a Banks sort of situation, but I'm not sure the extent of what happened, if it did happen. Let's just trust Elarbee and Heup to sort this out for the moment. D-mn, it's disappointing to hear.
Should not have been shared even if true. Internal team matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back