Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find the idea that a coach would take a straw poll in the room on who should start to be outlandish.

Making that the be all end all decision for the entire season is crazy... But he didn't say that.

That said, those two guys rotated at that LT spot all year last year. Call me crazy but I think that worked pretty damn well and don't see why we can't just keep doing that.

Red flags, even then, with Kiffin; Al Davis tried to tell everyone what kind of dude he was...as Gary Patterson waited by the phone. In Patterson's own words, "Tennessee didn't think I could handle the big stage", meaning Mike Hamilton thought that. HE would have been the good hire.

While yeah, it sucked, the way Kiffin left, nine out of ten of us would take our dream job, without hesitation...I would. If i were hired at USC, and a season later the Vols called, im gone, see ya, no questions asked...it being my dream job, it being the place ive always wanted to be, no matter where else I'm at.

Hamilton, as all ADs do, should have been prepared for it; and, that preparation should have NEVER included the likes of Derek Dooley.
Hamilton was incompetent.

Kiffin thought somewhere else was a dream job. Unforgivable after the support we gave him.

It never occurred to you that he is trying to show how easy it is to pretend to be an insider. His evidence would be when like yourself know this fact about him declaring all insiders to be false and then you turn around and still believe it?
And everyone's collective response should be "Congrats. Who f'ing cares".

Just don't post your credit card number and you can believe or not believe whatever you want. The course of history won't change off of VN rumors.

No one is saying they’re not to blame.Even the fan’s screaming to fire Fulmer all season long deserve blame.

But Kiffin is not an innocent baby. He will forever be blamed.
It was time for Fulmer to move on….. don’t like Kiffin at all but he was just symptom of the disease that was our administration at the time.

It was time for Fulmer to move on….. don’t like Kiffin at all but he was just symptom of the disease that was our administration at the time.
The problem? Mike Hamilton. That’s it right there. Mike Hamilton. How do you hire a coach that’s a few games under 500 at a GO5 school that’s usually done pretty well? I mean good lord. Hired Kiffin, Hired Dooley. He was the disease. But school system president movement putting academics above sports was also an issue. Football will drive investment. Just look at Bammer. That place has totally transformed in record enrollment all because they win on the football field and get national recognition for it. About time Tennessee opened their eyes. Same thing is happening now at Georgia

Incompetent administration reacting to fans fires coach without having a plan and hires a wannabe hall-of-fame coach because he convinces them he’s the best there is while planning for his dream job….

Lots of blame to go around. Kiffin did what he did because he didn’t appreciate what he had. Fans appreciated too much. Administration couldn’t balance the two. Still the fans and administration would have been forgiven if Kiffin had left at a different time and not left us in an impossible situation.

Last edited:
I don't find the idea that a coach would take a straw poll in the room on who should start to be outlandish.

Making that the be all end all decision for the entire season is crazy... But he didn't say that.

That said, those two guys rotated at that LT spot all year last year. Call me crazy but I think that worked pretty damn well and don't see why we can't just keep doing that.
He changed his story. Who starts first game will eventually be known. So he changed his story midstream such that it somehow is now about closed practice, where only he could claim that he 😏 knows what happens.

As for the tackles rotating spots, I think that was noted about half a day ago. He just kept rolling. 😂

Last edited:
Not if you said, "Kiffin nuked our program", or say, "Kiffin is 100% reason for Dooley". Wrong...end statement

Also, did I say anything about a "freat" coach, whatever that is? While it's my opinion that we could have hired a good coach after a season-long interim...it's what I KNOW, in knowing we could have hired one that was leagues above Dooley. What kind of move you think Danny White makes there? You think he trips over himself to get down to Ruston?
It was obviously a typo..."great"

He still has time.

The knock on JL is he had 1 elite season, some strong ones, but not many more greats. Post-2004 was a bit of a standstill hovering around 3.5 ypc. If he had 2-3 more big seasons, he'd be a shoe-in.

And he still can be in. Time will tell. Imo his historical season and SB should put him over the top. There's a place for viewing an RB through the lens of his peak.
Time to regress closer to the pack also…as he’s done the past two seasons. His peak season was 2020 imo and he made the Pro Bowl in 2021 based on prior rep. Never rushed OR received for 1000 yards. His portfolio is based on combined yards…playing off a true workhorse type like Mark Ingram. Four total TDs last season and now this suspension staring at him? I compare him to Corey Dillon who never ran for less than 1000 yards til his SEVENTH and final season in Cincinnati…ran for 500 (guess which season this is for Kamara). Of course he went to NE the next season and ripped off 1500, but finished merely above average his final two. He ran for 11,000 yards and isn’t in Canton. Kamara gonna make up that 5000 yard gap in rushing or with 3700 yards, whatever the magic number is for receiving yards? I thinks he’ll go down in history as a bigger, more explosive version of Darren Sproles.

It never occurred to you that he is trying to show how easy it is to pretend to be an insider? He seems to be under the false (illogical) impression that fooling people into believing him would entail that anyone could fool people (doesn't follow), and therefore that no insider exists (doesn't follow). Poor logic, invalid conclusion.

His "evidence" (such as it is) would be when people like yourself know that he declares there are no insiders, but then turn around and believe that he is an insider. Get it?
‘such as it is’. I don’t know who he’s talk to, but we’re in the little boy who cried wolf scenario, I suspect, he’s off laughing and waiting for a insider to post and pounce on how he ‘got us all’. Yuck, yuck.

Not if you said, "Kiffin nuked our program", or say, "Kiffin is 100% reason for Dooley". Wrong...end statement

Also, did I say anything about a "freat" coach, whatever that is? While it's my opinion that we could have hired a good coach after a season-long interim...it's what I KNOW, in knowing we could have hired one that was leagues above Dooley. What kind of move you think Danny White makes there? You think he trips over himself to get down to Ruston?
I said then...if I remember correctly.."Kiffin just nuked our program back to the stone age of the 70s"

You can blame whoever you want....I knew that night that it was a disaster which would have horrible long term consequences.

These OL rumors are stale. Surely there are 10-15 people on this thread who are BFFs with our DLs. What drama did they tell you and only you today, in secret. and as an act of betrayal to their fellow players, coaches, and team. Because you are so special.

Don't everyone speak at once, now. One at a time. 😂

KY doesn't play a challenging team until week 5.
The fans will believe they're SEC champ bound

View attachment 571559
Kentucky fans are gonna start 4-0 and be all

1692755169262.gif

Then lose 7 straight and be like

1692755365024.png

Then win their season finale and be all

1692755438542.gif

Then realize they’re still bowl ineligible and

1692756068834.gif

It never occurred to you that he is trying to show how easy it is to pretend to be an insider? He seems to be under the false (illogical) impression that fooling people into believing him would entail that anyone could fool people (doesn't follow), and therefore that no insider exists (doesn't follow). Poor logic, invalid conclusion.

His "evidence" (such as it is) would be when people like yourself know that he declares there are no insiders, but then turn around and believe that he is an insider. Get it?
Called him doing that hours ago...I wonder how long it will be before everybody else figures it out? 🤔

These OL rumors are stale. Surely there are 10-15 people on this thread who are BFFs with our DLs. What drama did they tell you and only you today, in secret. and as an act of betrayal to their fellow players, coaches, and team. Because you are so special.

Don't everyone speak at once, now. One at a time. 😂
So I know a guy who’s friends with a person that does laundry with the sister of one of our DL that said….

I most definitely blame Kiffin. The way he left (because he didn’t appreciate what he had) led to Dooley which led to Butch which led to Pruitt and all the nightmares in between those.
You're women's basketball coach at South Carolina, right now. Lady Vols come calling. What's Soda doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back