Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem? Mike Hamilton. That’s it right there. Mike Hamilton. How do you hire a coach that’s a few games under 500 at a GO5 school that’s usually done pretty well? I mean good lord. Hired Kiffin, Hired Dooley. He was the disease. But school system president movement putting academics above sports was also an issue. Football will drive investment. Just look at Bammer. That place has totally transformed in record enrollment all because they win on the football field and get national recognition for it. About time Tennessee opened their eyes. Same thing is happening now at Georgia
It was the entire administration…. Look at all of our programs now that they have top notch support from top to bottom.

It’s a bit interesting to watch this swamp kings documentary. Meyer says he thought he probably would’ve been fired after a bad first season going 9-3… thought he needed to land Tebow or he’d get booted. Talking about expectations lawd. Say whatever you want about the guy but you can’t say he doesn’t want to win a college football game
That dude was insecure, and a bad leader. Horrible leader.

Incompetent administration reacting to fans fires coach without having a plan and hires a wannabe hall-of-fame coach because he convinces them he’s the best there is while planning for his dream job….

Lots of blame to go around. Kiffin did what he did because he didn’t appreciate what he had. Fans appreciated too much. Administration couldn’t balance the two. Still the fans and administration would have been forgiven if Kiffin had left at a different time and not left us in an impossible situation.
The situation didn’t matter as much…. Dooley was one of the coaches at the top of his list when he hired Kiffin…. Hamilton was infatuated with the Dooley name. We had plenty of time to hire Butch and Pruitt. We screwed those hires up as well.

It wasn’t just the football program…. The majority of our athletic programs struggled during that time.

If I had known that night that Hamilton was going to do what he did, I would've agreed with you.

Knowing now what we know, however, I actually believe the nuking began with how Fulmer was handled, into the hiring of Kiffin, while brushing Gary Patterson aside like crumbs. Snowballed from those moves.

In no way do I believe Kiffin is guiltless, not at all...however, what keeps me from outright pure hatred of him, is knowing that I would have done the same exact thing if the Vols had come calling me.
I would not have. I would have seen the mess SC was in and decided to make my bones at Tennessee and when I had fixed them, went and been the savior at SC.

Kiffin was doomed at SC no matter how much he loved them.

So do you have the gift of discernment? Can’t understand how people can’t understand? My husband has this. It can drive him crazy at times.
I think it's just because I am a sort of hopeful pessimist normally. I just easily saw/felt how bad it could get because of all the circumstances, it isn't like we had no idea that Tennessee was being run by a bunch of pencil necked geeks at the time, and it worked out pretty much like I thought it would.

Did you guys see this? 😡 Hth did or can this happen? I hope ... I hope. You dont know what I hope for this mfer.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/sea...s-computer-files-show-52-sean-williams-rapes/

:mad: AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard a little about this story since that woman "fell" out of his apartment. Unbelievable all of this new stuff coming out! JCPD is partially responsible, in my mind. How many rapes occurred after they failed to charge him for previous alleged rapes? Really pi$$*$ me off!

Do you remember what business/businesses he owned? Dude looks familiar to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
:mad: AGREE!!!!!!!!!!

I have heard a little about this story since that woman "fell" out of his apartment. Unbelievable all of this new stuff coming out.! JCPD is partially responsible, in my mind. How many rapes occurred after they failed to charge him for previous alleged rapes? Really pi$$*$ me off!

Do you remember what business/businesses he owned? Dude looks familiar to me.
Barley Waters.

Article doesn't mention how many rapes occured after the fact.

The psychology of a serial rapist, from my understanding, is much same of a serial murderer. It follows, someone as whacked out as this guy is - caught with intent to distribute meth and coke - he wouldnt have any compunctions about pushing a girl out of a window.

Now, I would bet what little money I have he did it.

August 23, 1784,

Four counties in western North Carolina declare their independence as the state of Franklin. The counties lay in what would eventually become Tennessee.

The previous April, the state of North Carolina had ceded its western land claims between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River to the United States Congress. The settlers in this area, known as the Cumberland River Valley, had formed their own independent government from 1772 to 1777 and were concerned that Congress would sell the territory to Spain or France as a means of paying off some of the government’s war debt. As a result, North Carolina retracted its cession and began to organize an administration for the territory.

Simultaneously, representatives from Washington, Sullivan, Spencer (modern-day Hawkins) and Greene counties declared their independence from North Carolina. The following May, the counties petitioned for statehood as “Frankland” to the United States Congress. A simple majority of states favored acceptance of the petition, but it fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to pass, even after the counties’ changed their proposed name to “Franklin” in an attempt to curry Benjamin Franklin’s and others’ favor.

In defiance of Congress, Franklin survived as an independent nation for four years with its own constitution, Indian treaties and legislated system of barter in lieu of currency, though after only two years, North Carolina set up its own parallel government in the region. Finally, Franklin’s weak economy forced its governor, John Sevier, to approach the Spanish for aid. North Carolina, terrified of having a Spanish client state on its border, arrested Sevier. When Cherokee, Chickamauga and Chickasaw began to attack settlements within Franklin’s borders in 1788, it quickly rejoined North Carolina to gain its militia’s protection from attack.

franklin.jpg

August 23, 1784,

Four counties in western North Carolina declare their independence as the state of Franklin. The counties lay in what would eventually become Tennessee.

The previous April, the state of North Carolina had ceded its western land claims between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River to the United States Congress. The settlers in this area, known as the Cumberland River Valley, had formed their own independent government from 1772 to 1777 and were concerned that Congress would sell the territory to Spain or France as a means of paying off some of the government’s war debt. As a result, North Carolina retracted its cession and began to organize an administration for the territory.

Simultaneously, representatives from Washington, Sullivan, Spencer (modern-day Hawkins) and Greene counties declared their independence from North Carolina. The following May, the counties petitioned for statehood as “Frankland” to the United States Congress. A simple majority of states favored acceptance of the petition, but it fell short of the two-thirds majority needed to pass, even after the counties’ changed their proposed name to “Franklin” in an attempt to curry Benjamin Franklin’s and others’ favor.

In defiance of Congress, Franklin survived as an independent nation for four years with its own constitution, Indian treaties and legislated system of barter in lieu of currency, though after only two years, North Carolina set up its own parallel government in the region. Finally, Franklin’s weak economy forced its governor, John Sevier, to approach the Spanish for aid. North Carolina, terrified of having a Spanish client state on its border, arrested Sevier. When Cherokee, Chickamauga and Chickasaw began to attack settlements within Franklin’s borders in 1788, it quickly rejoined North Carolina to gain its militia’s protection from attack.

franklin.jpg
A very prominent figure in that delegation, and important to history of Washington and Greene Counties - as founder of Washington College & Tusculum College.

Samuel Doak

Doak, Samuel | Tennessee Encyclopedia

There is a graveyard on grounds of Washington College, with some gravestones marked from pre 1795, when the School was founded. Although I believe it to be earlier, 1786.

Always stories growing up about Samuel Doak still walking about posthumously. True stories are that the school was used in both revolutionary and civil wars as a hospital.

I think we want UF to beat Utah. If they lose that game, they are playing for their lives vs us in the Swamp. If they are as bad as they are supposed to be, we want them undefeated and overconfident.
I want them to lose every single time they step on the field….. they can fight for their lives all they want too…. We need to step on their throat and not let them up.

I agree except I think y'all are being way too hard on ACVol. I'm probably missing something or maybe I'm missing a longer backstory but Mincey (or any other player this time of year) leaving a meeting upset isn't that uncommon. It's crunch time and frustrations are going to happen as players compete for positions. Stuff like that happens and gets sorted. I think our fears about the OL took that comment further than it would've gone any other time. If Cooper isn't hurt and OL not a concern, it's the kind of comment that doesn't draw this much attention. But maybe I'm missing something (it's been a busy week).

As for the program being driven into the ground - Mike Hamilton is 100 percent responsible. When it came out that Kiffin had told Hamilton he'd leave for USC and Hamilton hired him, had no buyout in the contract, and took no steps to have a coach lined up despite knowing the situation at USC and what Kiffin had told him it became almost* completely Mike Hamilton's fault.

*I'm sure Hamilton had marching orders from others but that's a whole other debate.
It was the “team voting on the starting lineup” comment that had people mocking ACVol.

A very prominent figure in that delegation, and important to history of Washington and Greene Counties - as founder of Washington College & Tusculum College.

Samuel Doak

Doak, Samuel | Tennessee Encyclopedia

There is a graveyard on grounds of Washington College, with some gravestones marked from pre 1795, when the School was founded. Although I believe it to be earlier, 1786.

Always stories growing up about Samuel Doak still walking about posthumously. True stories are that the school was used in both revolutionary and civil wars as a hospital.
The entire story of "Franklin" is really fascinating. Would have been cool if it had stayed that way and been ratified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back