Status
Not open for further replies.
7-5 and below - failure
8-4 - disappointment
9-3 - acceptable
10-2 - good season
11-1 - excellent season
12-0 - build the damn statue

9-3 just seems right to me for some reason, even though I won't love it. Too many games where we could stumble and lose, plus two games that will be very difficult to win even with good performances in @ Bama and UGA. There's just always a chance that you run into a team that's playing lights out on a particular day, especially on the road in the SEC.

Thankfully, the A&M game is at home. That helps a lot.
This is pretty much where I am at.

And we could def run into a hot team and we can have a dud day/night on the road in the SEC.

I would really hope we don't see another repeat of how we played vs USCjr.

Let me as this because I'm curious.
ESPN FPI in an article I read had us at just over 8 wins.
Vegas has our O/U at 9.5
I've thought all off season 10-2 was our mark.
So, would you all be ok with 8-4 this year?
I guess you have to break out sure Wins, likely Losses, and coin-flip games, and see how you get to 4 losses. And when those losses and wins happen.

If Bama or Georgia are one of the wins I think the fans are happy. If Georgia is one of the wins with Nico starting at QB (because of injury to Joe or Joe losing the job again (which would suck)), I think the fans are very excited.

If losses to Bama AND Georgia... 8-4 wouldn't be deflating, but it wouldn't be encouraging either. I think the "okay" part comes in at us securing a top-10 recruiting class. Fans can start to look to the Nico era and the next 2-3 years. After the last 15 years, we've gotten pretty good at finding hope for the next year. The last couple of recruiting classes, and Nico at the helm, would be enough for the fans to accept an 8-win season and start looking to 2024.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Vegas has our O/U at 9.5

8 wins seems like underachieving unless you have some bad injuries at key spots.
9 wins seems about right.
10 or more is overachieving.

I guess you have to break out sure Wins, likely Losses, and coin-flip games, and see how you get to 4 losses. And when those losses and wins happen.

If Bama or Georgia are one of the wins I think the fans are happy. If Georgia is one of the wins with Nico starting at QB (because of injury to Joe or Joe losing the job again (which would suck)), I think the fans are very excited.

If losses to Bama AND Georgia... 8-4 wouldn't be deflating, but it wouldn't be encouraging either. I think the "okay" part comes in at us securing a top-10 recruiting class. Fans can start to look to the Nico era and the next 2-3 years. After the last 15 years, we've gotten pretty good at finding hope for the next year. The last couple of recruiting classes, and Nico at the helm, would be enough for the fans to accept an 8-win season and start looking to 2024.
Just my personal opinion but I think 24 will be tough.... We will have a lot of talent but it's extremely inexperienced.
That's one reason I want 23 to go so well so we can continue the momentum we built in 22.

I read an article about the White Sox and Nashville............Haha.
Leverage for upgrade stadium or new one.

Nashville will get an expansion team in the next 5-8 years. BOOK IT!:oops:

What do they do with the Sounds if Nashville gets a full MLB franchise? I would be fine with them moving it to Murfreesboro and I would attend a lot of games. lol

I would not have. I would have seen the mess SC was in and decided to make my bones at Tennessee and when I had fixed them, went and been the savior at SC.

Kiffin was doomed at SC no matter how much he loved them.
Really?? So, if the roles were reversed...you at USC, and UT was disfunctional, needing a coach and calling on you...you wouldn't have made that move, huh? You would have balanced and weighed all that, and made the decision to stay put, turning down your dream job?? With all the stories you've told in here of all the wrong moves and decisions you have made in your life? To stay away from a dream job, that would have been the one sound move you would have made, huh? Good for you, man!

Reactions: barrylee
What do they do with the Sounds if Nashville gets a full MLB franchise? I would be fine with them moving it to Murfreesboro and I would attend a lot of games. lol

Have the Athletics said what they're going to do with their Triple A in Vegas when they move there? Same situation for them.

This is pretty much where I am at.

And we could def run into a hot team and we can have a dud day/night on the road in the SEC.

I would really hope we don't see another repeat of how we played vs USCjr.

Agreed. The big thing for me is looking at all the upper classmen on the two-deep on both sides of the ball. This is a super veteran team with clear leaders on offense and defense. I think that will make a difference in tight games and help prevent major letdowns. Plus, it's year 3 under Heupel. Culture is firmly entrenched now, and the team has seen what they are capable of with last year's record.

Three statisticians approached St. Peter at the pearly gates to Heaven. St. Peter, in a kind and gentle voice, instructed them to give their name and state what they had contributed to mankind while on earth.
The first statistician stepped up confidently and said, “I am Karl Pearson and I developed the famous correlation coefficient at the start of the 20th century and it has been used by multitudes of researchers for almost 100 years.” St. Peter nodded and said, “Oh yes, that was a monumental contribution to statistics and the world. You may pass through.”
The second statistician planted both feet firmly and said in a cocky fashion, “I am Sir Ronald Fisher and I founded the entire area of experimental design in the 1920;s and multitudes of researchers have used these techniques for about 70 years.” St. Peter smiled broadly and said “That indeed was a landmark breakthrough in statistics and contributed to the betterment of mankind. You may also walk through the gates.”
The third statistician hesitated but finally walked up slowly to St. Peter. he said timidly, “I am Joe Schmutz and I taught a former Vice President, who was a very reserved man, several dance steps that he used in a well-known political TV commercial.” St. Peter, with a puzzled look on his face, stared at the man and said, “That is all well and good sir but it has absolutely nothing to do with statistics and I fail to see how your action has helped mankind.” The poor statistician thought for a second. He then quickly retorted,
“But St. Peter….These steps became the famous AL-GORE-RHYTHM that helped George Bush win the Presidential election in the year 2000!!….”
200.gif

Just my personal opinion but I think 24 will be tough.... We will have a lot of talent but it's extremely inexperienced.
That's one reason I want 23 to go so well so we can continue the momentum we built in 22.
I agree.

Best case scenario, aside from 15-0 obviously, would be 10+ wins and Joe Milton is a Heisman finalist. It would solidify Heupel's brilliance as a QB whisperer and talent developer, and most fans can live with losing at Bama and vs UGA, or beating one of the two of them and losing a coin flip game along the way.

11 wins and Joe winning the Heisman with us marching into Atlanta and/or the Playoff would be dream status.

I agree.

Best case scenario, aside from 15-0 obviously, would be 10+ wins and Joe Milton is a Heisman finalist. It would solidify Heupel's brilliance as a QB whisperer and talent developer, and most fans can live with losing at Bama and vs UGA.
This has been my expectation all off season.

Said this in my last post too but the depth chart in 2023 is crazy. This is the most veteran team we've had in a while in the two-deep. RS SRs everywhere. Going to be YOUNG in 2024. That could be an 8-4ish type season IMO, but if Nico is transcendent at QB, he can add an extra 1-2 wins in this scheme.

Said this in my last post too but the depth chart in 2023 is crazy. This is the most veteran team we've had in a while in the two-deep. RS SRs everywhere. Going to be YOUNG in 2024. That could be an 8-4ish type season IMO, but if Nico is transcendent at QB, he can add an extra 1-2 wins in this scheme.
Agreed. We have a ton of experience this year.

Vegas has our O/U at 9.5

Assuming that the OL ends up not being a liability, like some have suggested that it might, I think 8-4 would be a disappointing season. I don't think Heup and the coaches would be happy with it. Our defense is supposed to be better and the offense is going to be the offense. If we can score close to 40 PPG with an improved defense the I think 10-2 is a more likely scenario than 8-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back