Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurd running down hill over and over at tempo, until we scored or the other team faked an injury.
And a prototype receiver out of the backfield. Heupel wouldā€™ve mixed him and Kamara masterfully. Perhaps used Hurd in the Princeton Fant role with Kamara or Kelly on the field.

According to that same site, some other noteworthy southern cities:

Memphis 0 crime index - Literally canā€™t get worse.
Knoxville 3 crime index - same index as Nashville.
Asheville 1 crime index - surprising. Didnā€™t realize itā€™s so bad there.
Atlanta 3 crime index - surprised by this one, honestly.
Mobile 0 crime index - as we all learned with the riverboat fight. (Correction: that was Montgomery)
2 years in Mobile (itā€™s worse than Montgomery)
Spent 2 years in Knoxville
6 years up the mountain from Asheville
15 years now in Memphis

And yā€™all wonder why Iā€™m so abrasive šŸ˜–

@Orangeredblooded Changing the subject to an older one, almost forgotten, I can't find Scotch bonnet peppers: it's habaneros all the way down.

Now are these the same pepper? I thought so. And like "corriander" (long in use here) vs "cilantro," I thought maybe scotch bonnets have simply been re-named and spoken about as if they were a new arrival.

Or are habaneros very similar to Scotch bonnets but sweeter and without the smoke hint that you admire. This is how they taste to me. Also, as happens with things that get popular, the quality seems to have turned erratic. I recently bought habaneros where some were not in the least hot, while others in the same batch were fire. This was dangerous and comical because seeing that the first ones were like (thin walled and not very good) orange bell peppers, I had taken to chomping on them raw and in sizable bites as a side dish. I paid a high price when a normal habanero turned up in that mix! šŸ”„

What do you -- or any of you guys -- think?
Scotch Bonnets are not the same as habaneros, even though you can leave habaneros out in the sun and they will mimic the taste as they change color, but still not the same. Scotch Bonnets is distinct in taste. I keep Graces Scotch Bonnet sauce on hand and you canā€™t find it like the true taste. If you want to taste the difference, go to your local grocery store store produce section and youā€™ll find the habanero and believe it or not, Walmart carries Jamaican Beef Patties in their frozen food section. Itā€™s from a Jamaican Food distributor out of New York and run by a emigrant and taste the back end of the pepper Pair that with the scotch bonnet sauce and get back to me. Iā€™ve not paid much attention where you are located (Iā€™m a freaking old woman, for goodness sakes). If you live close to Razzleberries in Oak Ridge, you can get it there, or online.

According to that same site, some other noteworthy southern cities:

Memphis 0 crime index - Literally canā€™t get worse.
Knoxville 3 crime index - same index as Nashville.
Asheville 1 crime index - surprising. Didnā€™t realize itā€™s so bad there.
Atlanta 3 crime index - surprised by this one, honestly.
Mobile 0 crime index - as we all learned with the riverboat fight. (Correction: that was Montgomery)
In memphis last Tuesday. Was there for three hours, saw an active shooting scene investigation, and two very bad wrecks.

Why? What is the appeal?

Either way itā€™s a big change from back in my day when you had to meet the minimum ACT / SAT and your check cleared to gain admission. Guess the lottery has made an impact

Back in 69ā€™ lots of folks were trying to avoid the free trips to Nam so enrollments for student deferments were up, the trick was staying in. I heard back in the day that an English class, poetry I think, and Western Civ classes were used to pare down the FR class during that era by 30%.

Canā€™t say for sure from personal experience as I bolted for Belmont. In part to attend a school with no football to avoid time conflicts, and Nashville had pretty good VOL coverage. I did have earphones in a lot at basketball games. Wore my Belmont shirts an UT hats. No possible conflict of interest since we were NAIA back then. We were also Rebels at that time. Worked out.

Reactions: SuzyVol
2 years in Mobile (itā€™s worse than Montgomery)
Spent 2 years in Knoxville
6 years up the mountain from Asheville
15 years now in Memphis

And yā€™all wonder why Iā€™m so abrasive šŸ˜–
Lol. Only lived in Nashville out of the list but visited them all and enjoyed them while I was there. Well, except Mobile. That place was just sketchy.

In memphis last Tuesday. Was there for three hours, saw an active shooting scene investigation, and two very bad wrecks.

Why? What is the appeal?
My first 12 years here I drove into South Memphis every day, saw plenty.

Now I work downtown, and itā€™s mostly just bad drivers I see.

Itā€™s a big city, just like a lot of other big cities.

My first 12 years here I drove into South Memphis every day, saw plenty.

Now I work downtown, and itā€™s mostly just bad drivers I see.

Itā€™s a big city, just like a lot of other big cities.
Just like other big cities? Or, is its reputation accurate?

How can the bottom of the GPA range 4.04 be higher than the possible. I heard they changed how they count GPA and made it weird now but thatā€™s wild!

Ok so I gotta askā€¦2001 Miami hurricanes or the 2008 Florida gators šŸ¤” Iā€™m still not buying this documentary that they were the best college football team ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back