Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the bottom of the GPA range 4.04 be higher than the possible. I heard they changed how they count GPA and made it weird now but that’s wild!
With AP and IB classes the upper limit is not a 100.
AP classes a perfect score is 103.
IB classes the perfect score is 105 or 108. It's a way to compensate for students who take more than just the basic standard classes this is what allows for GPA's of greater than 4.0

There is a lot of appeal in parts of Shelby County. But this is discussed often. I really never get the extreme hate because I believe there are over 10k UT alums in the county.

My formative years as a Tennessee fan were spent in Memphis. A lot of Tennessee fans in the area back then (I moved away in 2005) but also a lot of Arkansas, Ole miss, Bama fans. Kind of a weird coalescesence of SEC fans. But becoming a Vol eventually led me to east tennessee.

Ok so I gotta ask…2001 Miami hurricanes or the 2008 Florida gators 🤔 I’m still not buying this documentary that they were the best college football team ever
95 Nebraska is the greatest college football team I have ever seen with my own two eyes, still to this day. They destroyed everyone. They averaged 53 a game, gave up 14 a game...and, embarrassed Steve Spurrier unlike any other time I ever saw. He truly wanted to hide that night, I'll never forget the looks on his face.

Two touchdowns was as close as anyone got (Washington St...I believe Nebraska was just plain bored that game, and in their heads, were already at the party by halftime)...three touchdowns in two other games...the rest, they won by five touchdowns or more.

Domination, in every aspect of it. Slaughter, actually, is the term I'd use when thinking of that 95 Nebraska team.

95 Nebraska is the greatest college football team I have ever seen with my own two eyes, still to this day. They destroyed everyone. They averaged 53 a game, gave up 14 a game...and, embarrassed Steve Spurrier unlike any other time I ever saw. He truly wanted to hide that night, I'll never forget the looks on his face.

Two touchdowns was as close as anyone got (Washington St...I believe Nebraska was just plain bored that game, and in their heads, were already at the party by halftime)...three touchdowns in two other games...the rest, they won by five touchdowns or more.

Domination, in every aspect of it. Slaughter, actually, is the term I'd use when thinking of that 95 Nebraska team.
Agree to disagree played NAIA division 1 at this time in Nebraska, ton of friends on that team including Trev, Steve, lance and others! Would get destroyed today way to 1 dimensional! I saw a Florida State shirt one day call cream of husked soup, ingredients no passing, no defense and absolutely no chance lol! You to make this comment is like saying winner of PAC 12 or ACC better then SEC👎

Kiffin tried to run out on Ole Miss to Auburn last season. There was a lot of publicity, and everyone already knew anyway because he was also applying for the job in public over Twitter in addition to what he was doing backstage. Now, this was the week before Ole Miss's final game against in-state rival MSU. Imagine having to endure your coach publicly wanting to walk out on you. Kiff does it every season.
And he pretty much did it here, but wait,,,he did it after season one. Pesky USC. He’s been looking over his shoulder for the next best opportunity since he left the NFL, and that was a stepping stone. This was to validate SAS’s point. I have no hate towards Ole Miss (beautiful campus and well, William Faulkner), but I hope he doesn’t ditch them for greener pastures like he did here.

The Valid Victorian at Validation High and the Internet Institute for Insiders.
Alright smartazz, VALEDICTORIAN. Yes, I spelled it wrong and still stuck by it. Yes, I’ve been up since a little after 5 a.m. and have to again in the morning (and training a new cook), and yes, I still had to google the right spelling. 😒, spelling has always been easy for me. Crap.

And he pretty much did it here, but wait,,,he did it after season one. Pesky USC. He’s been looking over his shoulder for the next best opportunity since he left the NFL, and that was a stepping stone. This was to validate SAS’s point. I have no hate towards Ole Miss (beautiful campus and well, William Faulkner), but I hope he doesn’t ditch them for greener pastures like he did here.
It’s been hilarious watching him campaign for the next big move…but none of the big places he wants to go to wants him anymore. They know he would leave in a heartbeat if he thought it would be better somewhere else. Imagine if Auburn had hired him then he lady them for AL! And he would! That would be his new dream job.

We were there for a conference this past year and visited Faulkner's house and cemetery.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Agree to disagree played NAIA division 1 at this time in Nebraska, ton of friends on that team including Trev, Steve, lance and others! Would get destroyed today way to 1 dimensional! I saw a Florida State shirt one day call cream of husked soup, ingredients no passing, no defense and absolutely no chance lol! You to make this comment is like saying winner of PAC 12 or ACC better then SEC👎
I can only go by what I know, and what I know is they were 5 touchdowns better than the SEC, one dimensional or no... PAC 12, ACC, or no. One dimensional argument was also made back then, many times, didn't matter. They also beat 4 other top 10 teams that year by an avg score of 49-18.

We'll most definitely have to agree to disagree, that's cool...especially and emphatically on that team getting "destroyed" by anyone.

Alright smartazz, VALEDICTORIAN. Yes, I spelled it wrong and still stuck by it. Yes, I’ve been up since a little after 5 a.m. and have to again in the morning (and training a new cook), and yes, I still had to google the right spelling. 😒, spelling has always been easy for me. Crap.
No, that's a joke. I wasn't making fun of you. I was joining in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back