Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So going down the roster position by position you still have Nebraska as the best team ever?…who do you think would win if those two teams played each other 👀
Everyone knows how many draft picks came off the ‘01 Miami team. But they didn’t all play meaningful snaps that season, some of them were Freshman.

Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, & Frank Gore - But it was Portis who got the carries. McGahee didn’t go super saiyan until the following season.

Sean Taylor was a freshman Nickel
Vince Wilfork was a freshman
Kellen Winslow was a freshman

They had an amazing roster - but you only play 11 at a time.

Were their best 11, that season, better than the 11 ‘95 Nebraska was gonna put on the field?

Were they a better team? I’m not so sure.

Everyone knows how many draft picks came off the ‘01 Miami team. But they didn’t all play meaningful snaps that season, some of them were Freshman.

Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, & Frank Gore - But it was Portis who got the carries. McGahee didn’t go super saiyan until the following season.

Sean Taylor was a freshman Nickel
Vince Wilfork was a freshman
Kellen Winslow was a freshman

They had an amazing roster - but you only play 11 at a time.

Were their best 11, that season, better than the 11 ‘95 Nebraska was gonna put on the field?

Were they a better team? I’m not so sure.

Fair assessment!…I hope you jump in on the next Michael jordan debate 😂 you keep a firm stance in the neutral zone which is great for all discussions

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Fair assessment!…I hope you jump in on the next Michael jordan debate 😂 you keep a firm stance in the neutral zone which is great for all discussions
You can make an argument for either.

But also worth noting - QB play, and how important it is.

They both had QBs. Who you taking in that CFB clash of the titans?

Ken Dorsey or Tommie Frazier?

You can make an argument for either.

But also worth noting - QB play, and how important it is.

They both had QBs. Who you taking in that CFB clash of the titans?

Ken Dorsey or Tommie Frazier?

With Good qb’s and a solid defense it’s anyone’s game..it definitely would come down to X’s O’s

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Right on.
What I said was, they're the greatest I've ever seen. 2001 Miami was no doubt more talented, it's not even close; with that said, what I saw...Miami did not SLAUGHTER like Nebraska did. Miami was great, and dominated, no argument here, whatsoever..but, that Nebraska team was just different. Even with as much talent as that Miami team had, it truly felt like that Nebraska team was the very definition of "men among boys". Not only did they dominate, do whatever they wanted to do, and make no mistake, they did WHATEVER they felt like doing...they pillaged and plundered. Yeah, Frazier only threw for 1400 yds, but he threw for 17 TDs and 4 Ints. Not today's numbers, no; but, still production through the air. Yet, it wouldn't have mattered if they NEVER threw a single pass, whenever you're running for 400 a game...
And everyone knew what was coming, put 8,9,10 in the box...still, nowhere to even close to slowing it down, just a bit. It's pure opinion, and we'll never know...but, I truly believe I've NEVER seen a defense that could stop them, not before, not since.

And, that's just the offense. The defense is consistently brought up, within the first 4 or 5 defenses mentioned, as the greatest ever.

Again, Miami was great, and may be the GOAT...they are a great argument, no question!!; but, as I said, what I saw, what I felt...while watching that Nebraska team...it went past domination...only other way I can describe is, like 8th Century Vikings...pillaged and plundered. I never felt that way about Miami, or anyone else, including some of these Bama teams, 19 LSU, any of them. 1995 Nebraska looked and felt criminal.

Right on.
What I said was, they're the greatest I've ever seen. 2001 Miami was no doubt more talented, it's not even close; with that said, what I saw...Miami did not SLAUGHTER like Nebraska did. Miami was great, and dominated, no argument here, whatsoever..but, that Nebraska team was just different. Even with as much talent as that Miami team had, it truly felt like that Nebraska team was the very definition of "men among boys". Not only did they dominate, do whatever they wanted to do, and make no mistake, they did WHATEVER they felt like doing...they pillaged and plundered. Yeah, Frazier only threw for 1400 yds, but he threw for 17 TDs and 4 Ints. Not today's numbers, no; but, still production through the air. Yet, it wouldn't have mattered if they NEVER threw a single pass, whenever you're running for 400 a game...
And everyone knew what was coming, put 8,9,10 in the box...still, nowhere to even close to slowing it down, just a bit. It's pure opinion, and we'll never know...but, I truly believe I've NEVER seen a defense that could stop them, not before, not since.

And, that's just the offense. The defense is consistently brought up, within the first 4 or 5 defenses mentioned, as the greatest ever.

Again, Miami was great, and may be the GOAT...they are a great argument, no question!!; but, as I said, what I saw, what I felt...while watching that Nebraska team...it went past domination...only other way I can describe is, like 8th Century Vikings...pillaged and plundered. I never felt that way about Miami, or anyone else, including some of these Bama teams, 19 LSU, any of them. 1995 Nebraska looked and felt criminal.
What's crazy is how almost no one even brings up 95 Nebraska as the best team ever.

I was 1 year old when that happened and growing up I never heard anything about 95 Nebraska.

I was a sports nut from at least 10 on, always watching ESPN, NFL network, reading articles online about college football and the NFL

I only ever heard people bring up 01 Miami as the best team ever. It was like a foregone conclusion that they were the best team ever until recently with some of these Bama teams and 2019 LSU.

I had known Nebraska was great in the 90's, but when I clicked on the 95 season wiki page I was floored by the final scores I saw and I almost immediately was like "hold up, why do I not know about this ridiculous team?"

Now I've gone back and watched some old games and I think they might have curb stomped 01 Miami

I'm not sure any defense stops them, but they maybe wouldn't know how to defend against some modern offenses.

So what is the GPA if you score 103 or 105 in the advanced class? Seems so strange. Is a 90 or 93 (whatever a low “A” is) in the advance class still a 4.0?
My daughter just graduated high school with a 4.49 GPA. AP, honors, and duel enrollment classes all increase your GPA as they are harder than regular classes. Plus she had that with a B in one class.

369977655_836553011423438_5615510728386859732_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back