Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win! Means a lot for the program. It puts to rest the negative narratives that the coaches have had to recruit against-- that UT can't win big games without Hooker, Hyatt and Tillman, that UT's success won't be repeated without them and that UT's offense will sputter without Golesh. It puts UT in a good position to fill the remaining spots with the guys they want.

Thank you, seniors! The foundation is laid and the torch is passed.

We might be at the level where when we lose players we just reload. If not, pretty close.

I remember watching those Bama vs Clemson championship games and thinking we may never get on their level again. And here we are in year two with wins over both. It’s just wild that they have stacked so much talent for years and years and still lost to us. Coaching, scheme, and QB matter so much.
So glad it does! With the way they were stacking the talent was afraid it wouldn’t.

It was hard to sleep last night. So excited for Vol fans everywhere, but mostly for the team. Their work paid great dividends for all of us.

However, no apologies to DC Banks from me for the past performances of the D. Instead he delivered his apologies to Volnation with the last two defensive performances. Tip of the Vol cap to his game plan and scheming. It has been Heup's game plan for his D's in the past. Strong pass rush, force turnovers, play strong D in the red zone, hold to FGs. Well done, DC Tim Banks. Your guys won the game for us. That's the blueprint going forward. When you hold quality teams under 20 points with our O scheme, you are doing a great job.

Joe is our QB. Pretty obvious how the team feels about it. He has all the tools, just needs more practice and playing time to refine it. Nico needs to practice and learn. Clemson showed why with their QB play last night. Talent is one thing, gaining experience In high pressure situations and responding well is learned behavior.

The unsung hero in the O-line is Cooper Mays. Always need a quality center.

I will never tire of yelling, "Squirrel!"

Bru oozes first round NFL from his pores. We need to use him more.

More Wright, less Small. It will win games.

Takes the pressure off having to portal shop a QB, keeps TJ engaged to compete and lets Nico develop at his own pace. Still need another solid RB, TE and receiver. Should firm that up in January. And yes, kudos to Coop-- gives his all every game.

Aaron Beasley had 12 total tackles, 10 solo, 2 sacks and 4 TFLs with a pass deflection last night... Banks spent the year half ass playing and Beasley just kept grinding to get better.

Beasley ends the season with 76 total tackles, 13 TFLs, 3 sacks, 3 PDs, and 1 FR and as Heupel said, his best football is still ahead of him.

When Clemson beat Tennessee in 2003, I think it was a little foreshadowing for the direction our programs were going to be moving. Tennessee starting to slide down and Clemson starting to move up. I think we saw each other moving in opposite directions last night. Tennessee is definitely trending up and it does appear that Clemson is beginning what is hopefully a steady decline back to mediocrity. And, I am here for it.

Dec. 31, 1966
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

Tennessee won its second consecutive bowl game under the tutelage of Doug Dickey, defeating Syracuse 18-12 in a game in which each team dominated one half. Despite an early fumble that gave Syracuse favorable field position, the Vols got field goals from Gary Wright in the first and second quarters to lead 6-0. Another field goal appeared to be in the offing in the second period at the Syracuse 24, but the Vols caught Syracuse by surprise and quarterback Dewey Warren hit tight end Austin Denney instead for the touchdown and a 12-0 lead. Bill Young’s interception led to the third Vol score, which came on a 2-yard strike from Warren to flanker Richmond Flowers. Syracuse, led by the running of future pro stars Floyd Little and Larry Csonka, scored on its first possession of the second half. They lost the ball on downs at the Vol 3 later in the period and scored their final touchdown with 46 seconds left.

SCORING SUMMARY
TENN — Wright 36 FG
TENN — Wright 38 FG
TENN — Denney 24 pass from Warren (Pass failed)
TENN — Flowers 2 pass from Warren (Kick failed)
SYR — Csonka 8 run (Kick failed)
SYR — Little 3 run (Run failed)

635548549001100143-66GatorBowl-01.JPG

first installment of days to kickoff countdown?

I couldn't hear the tv too well where I was at last night. Did I hear right that we had two OL go out early with eye injuries? Were they poking our eyes or what?
Mincey and Spraggins. Something was for sure fishy about it. 2 accidental eye pokes in back to back drives is hard to believe.

We might be at the level where when we lose players we just reload. If not, pretty close.

Getting there. We're not stacking quality depth like we once did, but this staff is squeezing every drop of potential out of players who're committed to working hard and developing in their system. Culture.

When Clemson beat Tennessee in 2003, I think it was a little foreshadowing for the direction our programs were going to be moving. Tennessee starting to slide down and Clemson starting to move up. I think we saw each other moving in opposite directions last night. Tennessee is definitely trending up and it does appear that Clemson is beginning what is hopefully a steady decline back to mediocrity. And, I am here for it.
All about recruiting and always will be

Perception has to be amongst high school players that Clempson is slipping some and that we're rising

Not diminishing the importance of culture and development but you gotta start with some jimmy's and Joe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back