Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve said “feels like ‘98” a lot over the last 20 years, and it was always fools gold. Well this morning I’m feeling a lot like 1985, when another Vol team capped an unexpectedly great season with a big win over a national power. That was the start of the golden era of modern Tennessee football that ended the 20th century. I think we are finally about to start another run. GBO

Good analogy right here. That 1985 team is my favorite Vols team and this 2022 version of the Vols is right there with them. A lot of the same dynamics there, etc. Agree with you completely, sir. GO BIG ORANGE!

Who squeezed his orange? Beating six ranked teams in 13 games and putting the exclamation mark on an 11-win season with a backup QB, backup receivers and a D that played 101 snaps-- that's momentum. CJH's not putting the brakes on that.
When I hear the name Austin Price this is the image I'll have from now on.

eeyore-sad.gif

Man i know we werent ever elite on defense but its baffling as to what happened at Uscjr?This same team that beat Florida,Alabama,Lsu at their house,Kentucky etc just failed to show up.I would have loved to been a fly on that wall befor that game.Just seemed way uncharacteristic but i also noticed alot more pop tonight.Id imagine thats what a few weeks of rest will do but way to end the season...Its been a hell of a ride with baseball football
I think the loss of Jeremy Banks impacted alignment of defense and the attitude. They had more time to prepare to play without him this game.

We’ve said “feels like ‘98” a lot over the last 20 years, and it was always fools gold. Well this morning I’m feeling a lot like 1985, when another Vol team capped an unexpectedly great season with a big win over a national power. That was the start of the golden era of modern Tennessee football that ended the 20th century. I think we are finally about to start another run. GBO
Feel the same way!

Currentlly rewatching the game. I now see why CJH was so upset with the refs and got the unsportsman like penalty. After Small's first down run, we quickly went to the line. The ref then held the ball (standing right in front of our center with the ball in his hand) for a full 8 seconds before he put it down for play. Game clock 6:29 to 6:21. Inexcusable.
They were jerks

It was hard to sleep last night. So excited for Vol fans everywhere, but mostly for the team. Their work paid great dividends for all of us.

However, no apologies to DC Banks from me for the past performances of the D. Instead he delivered his apologies to Volnation with the last two defensive performances. Tip of the Vol cap to his game plan and scheming. It has been Heup's game plan for his D's in the past. Strong pass rush, force turnovers, play strong D in the red zone, hold to FGs. Well done, DC Tim Banks. Your guys won the game for us. That's the blueprint going forward. When you hold quality teams under 20 points with our O scheme, you are doing a great job.

Joe is our QB. Pretty obvious how the team feels about it. He has all the tools, just needs more practice and playing time to refine it. Nico needs to practice and learn. Clemson showed why with their QB play last night. Talent is one thing, gaining experience In high pressure situations and responding well is learned behavior.

The unsung hero in the O-line is Cooper Mays. Always need a quality center.

I will never tire of yelling, "Squirrel!"

Bru oozes first round NFL from his pores. We need to use him more.

More Wright, less Small. It will win games.

All great points. I have to say something good about Small though. He was in late because of Wright’s prior fumbling. Will probably reset next year. Small also had 2 medium chunk runs that were called back for holding. I like Wright, but I thought he could plant his right foot and cut left and score on his long run. Just an observation.

Walked along Miramar Beach this morning with coffee in hand and had 4 separate people congratulating the Vols. Lots of people understand what it means to our fans to be back on the national scene

Can't wait to go to the car wash. A Dawg fan works there and barks at me every single time. If only the UGA-OSU semi could be scoreless for infinite OTs.

I think I’ll be seeing him in my building these next couple of months. The OL guru who coached up Trey and Cade holds a draft clinic every year and there were multiple high OL picks amongst it’s participants last year. Wright worked with him before the season.

Feels like 97 as well. Then, we lost to #1 Florida on the road 33-20 (like Georgia this year). Had a close win on the road against UCLA (like Pitt this year). Finished our season in the Orange bowl but rather than getting blown out by Nebraska, we dominated Clemson. Feels like 97’ and it feels dang good. What if Milton pulls a Tee next year and makes it feel like 98’?! I’m here for it and will believe until we don’t. GBO!!

Maybe it is somewhere on the recruiting pages, Is there a list of targets via transfer portal that Tennessee is trying to recruit. My guess is that Tennessee keeps it close to the vest and doesn't say anything until they have signed papers or the player has said they are going to play for Tennessee.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think it's comical how the announcers last night ranted and raved about Clemson's true freshman WR, but Squirrel White had the much bigger game and no continuous ranting about him only being a true freshman and bright future.
Its because these weenies create their storyline before the game and are too dumb to deviate from it regardless of what happens in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back