Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we talk about Mr Beasley for a second? Jeez.

Talk about hope for next year on the 2nd level. He could become Banks 2.0 for sure.

I had worries about both LBs and DBs, but now I'm feeling a bit better about the LBs. Slaughter looked good too!

Beasley has really looked good, his overall tackle totals were down from last year but that's not a bad thing because it wasn't a lack of effort we just had more depth at LB and were able to rotate more guys this year (Page III & Mitchell both finished with 37 or more total tackles this year)

But Beasley lead the team in total tackles (76), solo tackles (39), assisted tackles (37), TFLs (13), and was tied for second in sacks with Roman (3).

I don't know -where- Slaughter ends up next year, but he has to be starting in the secondary. Walker and McDonald also both have to be starting. Losing Young sucks, but I'm optimistic that Roman takes a stride next season and Josephs and/or Pearce emerge as well (hoping both stay with us).

And the '23 class is FULL of potential stud defensive players, so I think we may see the offense take a small step back but the defense take a big step forward.

If the Vol Radio Network doesn't give this man a radio dial for Spanish listeners, they are missing out on a big market and opportunity. If they could livestream him with captions I'd gladly take that too.

Or hell...maybe I'll finally learn Spanish just to hear a great broadcaster again for Vol games. He is so freakin fantastic. He needs to blow up (cough Vol Nation cough)
Sure makes me wish I could understand Spanish!

I am still pissed about the blatant bias that the espn announcers showed the entire game. They were pushing a narrative and trying to build a cinderella story. Why not focus on how the vols turned everything around in just two years? Why not focus on how all UT sports are ranked? But no… continue the hate.
GOVOLS🍊

WE BACK and we have ALL the receipts….

Great win and Incredible season !

We beat Clemson, their refs, and ESPN... That was the most lopsided broadcast I've seen in 20yrs and it's not even close... At times you even forgot there was another team playing besides Clemson... PATHETIC. The amount of no call holding on Clemson's Oline was criminal... would be great to have officials take ownership of that BS. They call even half the holdings, and we would have flat embarrassed Clemson.

Beasley is going to be a force next season.

Not sure who will emerge as QB1 by fall.

Defense should be better next season.

Still strongly think we need one more experienced WR, Oline, LB, and DB from the portal. Hopefully the news from @LA Vol hinting we are waiting until bowl season is over is true and we have a few on the hook already.

GBO!!

Reactions: Smokey19rt
HENDON HOOKER >
GettyImages-1448219817.jpg

Great win and Incredible season !

That was the most lopsided broadcast I've seen in 20yrs and it's not even close... At times you even forgot there was another team playing besides Clemson... PATHETIC.

GBO!!

Huh? They spent at least half the broadcast fawning over Milton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back