Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe the NFL has not called this game yet. Truly ghoulish behavior by the league. Claim to care about player safety, but quite possibly the ugliest injury in football history has just happened and they want to wait a bit longer to see if players can move on and play. Just gross.
Or maybe they told the teams and players they wanted to suspend it, but they wanted to make sure the teams and players were OK with it first? You instant outrage people are something else. You're so angry over a situation where you have less than 1% of the information.

Or maybe they told the teams and players they wanted to suspend it, but they wanted to make sure the teams and players were OK with it first? You instant outrage people are something else. You're so angry over a situation where you have less than 1% of the information.
I think they gave the option to the teams and it was decided early but let everyone calm down and collect their thoughts and have some talks before announcing

They waited nearly 90 minutes to postpone the game. It was fairly certain from the moment CPR was being performed on the football field, an unprecedented event, that the game did not need to be continued. It shouldn’t even have been a question whether or not the game should continue and if was clear from player’s reactions.

It looked pretty clear that it was the coaches and players who called off the game after the NFL was mandating a 5 minute warm-up once the ambulance left.

Can’t fault anyone for actions tonight, very unprecedented circumstance.

And for the record, I’m the cynical guy saying the League office is probability freaking out over the money they’re losing on this.

But tonight… I give a pass
They are freaking out for several reasons…. Players health….. loss of revenue…. How/if to make up this game bc it has playoff implications for several teams…….. it wasn’t that easy of a decision.

They waited nearly 90 minutes to postpone the game. It was fairly certain from the moment CPR was being performed on the football field, an unprecedented event, that the game did not need to be continued. It shouldn’t even have been a question whether or not the game should continue and if was clear from player’s reactions.

It looked pretty clear that it was the coaches and players who called off the game after the NFL was mandating a 5 minute warm-up once the ambulance left.
It’s happened before when a player died in the NFL while playing….. they continued that game to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back