Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Jaylen Wright:
One to watch
-AP

Also alludes to it being NIL based.
Jerry Mack doesn’t hand out NIL money. Doesn’t matter what he does if it comes down to money.
Always gonna come down to value….10 schools may think ur value is X but if one thinks it’s Y then it’s Y.

It’s going to have the pretty girl with the blue eyes as Rowan.. Alexandra Daddario (sp).. I bet dudes in here will pay attention and watch with their wives and girlfriends lol

Did someone just mention my girl?

giphy.gif

Interesting article in The Athletic. I'm not going to post the whole thing but I'll share some tidbits:

What was the largest amount of NIL money discussed with you by a coach or NIL representative?

Player 1: $400K a year. It was surprising, for sure, playing defensive back.

Player 3: Somebody tried to throw $1 million at me on signing day. Somebody called my parents and coaches. My loyalty to the program I signed with isn’t worth a million dollars. I’ll make that in no time.

Player 4: I don’t want to answer that one. It was more than $1 million.

Player 5: (One) school mentioned $3.2 million over four years.

Player 10: Over seven figures. It wasn’t the coaches. It was a guy who did NIL stuff. The closer I got to the commitment, the more and more things went up.

Player 11: You’re going to look at me like I’m dumb. It was $75,000, a car and my own apartment. But I know you are not getting money if you’re bad. The school introduces you to the people who are going to pay you.

Player 13: The biggest amount of money was $3 million over four years. You want to get paid for your results. It played a factor, but not as big as some people think.

Player 14: There were some big numbers, but nothing specific. It was like between $50K and $75K. With the game nowadays, it’s normal. Those prices can range depending on how much of an impact you make with the program.

Which school or coach you didn’t sign with recruited you the hardest, and why didn’t you sign with them?

Player 3: Alabama recruited me the hardest, more so than the school I signed with. (Defensive line coach Freddie) Roach, (head coach Nick) Saban and (cornerbacks coach) T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) did a great job. I just had better opportunities elsewhere.

Player 4: Florida State. (Offensive coordinator Alex Atkins) and coach (Mike) Norvell. I didn’t sign with them because of the point of where I was in my recruitment. They came in too late. But I got two schools in mind now if, God forbid, things don’t work out and I have to go to the portal.

Player 7: Michigan State. I don’t really like them. The culture wasn’t a fit.

Player 8: Brian Kelly and LSU. I just felt like LSU wasn’t for me.

Player 10: (Miami’s) coach (Mario) Cristobal recruited me the hardest outside of the school I signed with. Why didn’t I sign? Because the school I’m going to has more for me in my college experience.

Player 12: Florida and Kentucky. At the end, Florida stopped calling. Kentucky, (defensive coordinator Brad) White was cool. But I only went there to make sure I was sticking with my first choice.

Player 13: Tennessee. For me, it was about development.

Player 15: FSU. If I had to transfer, FSU would be the spot.

Which school’s photo shoot was the coolest and why? What memorable props were used?

Player 12: I took the best pictures at Maryland, Tennessee and Kentucky. I sent them to my people or kept them on my phone.

What advice would you give to 2024 recruits from lessons you learned throughout the process?

Player 1: Pay attention to who is real and who is fake in this little business. College football is definitely business. It’s hard to tell who is fake. But pay attention to the text messages because a lot of times the people you think you’re talking to you’re not really talking to.

Player 4: Take your time. Find a coach who is genuine. Find a scheme that fits you. Find somewhere you’ll not only get developed on the field but off the field. Find coaches who truly care about you when you don’t have a football in your hand or aren’t providing something for them. Don’t make NIL the main part of your decision. Because if you ball, make plays, it’ll find you. Like the NFL. Think of NIL the same way.

Player 9: I built a lot of relationships with coaches. I feel like if I went into the portal, they’d (be there for) me with open arms. You want to have options. In the end, put God first because a lot of the recruits don’t know if you don’t have God, you wouldn’t be in the position you are now. And be close to your family. You don’t know how much time you have with them.

Player 10: Enjoy the experience and take all the opportunities to make visits. Don’t be stressed. They’re all great schools and unique experiences. To me, I got to see a lot of places. Follow your heart in the end. Don’t let the coaches manipulate your decision. Go where you want. Some coaches may try to guilt you or downplay the other schools you visit. That’s a red flag if you have to make fun of other schools. The school I’m going to showed me what they have instead of what they have more of than others.

Player 12: Don’t get caught up in the glitz and glamor. Find a home. Find people you want to play for and take care of you. There were times I was texting with my coach, and then all of a sudden I got a DM from him on Twitter. I’m like, who am I talking to? This his secretary or something?

Best hotel, city and restaurant from your trips?

USC, Texas, Oregon, USC, Kentucky, LSU, A&M, A&M, Texas, USC, Miami, Alabama, Oregon, VaTech, GaTech, Arkansas

Player 12: Best food was Tennessee and Clemson. Just the cafeteria food. Best city? Knoxville, College Park or Lexington. Nicest hotel? Maryland. Everything was new, and it was big.

Interesting article in The Athletic. I'm not going to post the whole thing but I'll share some tidbits:

What was the largest amount of NIL money discussed with you by a coach or NIL representative?

Player 1: $400K a year. It was surprising, for sure, playing defensive back.

Player 3: Somebody tried to throw $1 million at me on signing day. Somebody called my parents and coaches. My loyalty to the program I signed with isn’t worth a million dollars. I’ll make that in no time.

Player 4: I don’t want to answer that one. It was more than $1 million.

Player 5: (One) school mentioned $3.2 million over four years.

Player 10: Over seven figures. It wasn’t the coaches. It was a guy who did NIL stuff. The closer I got to the commitment, the more and more things went up.

Player 11: You’re going to look at me like I’m dumb. It was $75,000, a car and my own apartment. But I know you are not getting money if you’re bad. The school introduces you to the people who are going to pay you.

Player 13: The biggest amount of money was $3 million over four years. You want to get paid for your results. It played a factor, but not as big as some people think.

Player 14: There were some big numbers, but nothing specific. It was like between $50K and $75K. With the game nowadays, it’s normal. Those prices can range depending on how much of an impact you make with the program.

Which school or coach you didn’t sign with recruited you the hardest, and why didn’t you sign with them?

Player 3: Alabama recruited me the hardest, more so than the school I signed with. (Defensive line coach Freddie) Roach, (head coach Nick) Saban and (cornerbacks coach) T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) did a great job. I just had better opportunities elsewhere.

Player 4: Florida State. (Offensive coordinator Alex Atkins) and coach (Mike) Norvell. I didn’t sign with them because of the point of where I was in my recruitment. They came in too late. But I got two schools in mind now if, God forbid, things don’t work out and I have to go to the portal.

Player 7: Michigan State. I don’t really like them. The culture wasn’t a fit.

Player 8: Brian Kelly and LSU. I just felt like LSU wasn’t for me.

Player 10: (Miami’s) coach (Mario) Cristobal recruited me the hardest outside of the school I signed with. Why didn’t I sign? Because the school I’m going to has more for me in my college experience.

Player 12: Florida and Kentucky. At the end, Florida stopped calling. Kentucky, (defensive coordinator Brad) White was cool. But I only went there to make sure I was sticking with my first choice.

Player 13: Tennessee. For me, it was about development.

Player 15: FSU. If I had to transfer, FSU would be the spot.

Which school’s photo shoot was the coolest and why? What memorable props were used?

Player 12: I took the best pictures at Maryland, Tennessee and Kentucky. I sent them to my people or kept them on my phone.

What advice would you give to 2024 recruits from lessons you learned throughout the process?

Player 1: Pay attention to who is real and who is fake in this little business. College football is definitely business. It’s hard to tell who is fake. But pay attention to the text messages because a lot of times the people you think you’re talking to you’re not really talking to.

Player 4: Take your time. Find a coach who is genuine. Find a scheme that fits you. Find somewhere you’ll not only get developed on the field but off the field. Find coaches who truly care about you when you don’t have a football in your hand or aren’t providing something for them. Don’t make NIL the main part of your decision. Because if you ball, make plays, it’ll find you. Like the NFL. Think of NIL the same way.

Player 9: I built a lot of relationships with coaches. I feel like if I went into the portal, they’d (be there for) me with open arms. You want to have options. In the end, put God first because a lot of the recruits don’t know if you don’t have God, you wouldn’t be in the position you are now. And be close to your family. You don’t know how much time you have with them.

Player 10: Enjoy the experience and take all the opportunities to make visits. Don’t be stressed. They’re all great schools and unique experiences. To me, I got to see a lot of places. Follow your heart in the end. Don’t let the coaches manipulate your decision. Go where you want. Some coaches may try to guilt you or downplay the other schools you visit. That’s a red flag if you have to make fun of other schools. The school I’m going to showed me what they have instead of what they have more of than others.

Player 12: Don’t get caught up in the glitz and glamor. Find a home. Find people you want to play for and take care of you. There were times I was texting with my coach, and then all of a sudden I got a DM from him on Twitter. I’m like, who am I talking to? This his secretary or something?

Best hotel, city and restaurant from your trips?

USC, Texas, Oregon, USC, Kentucky, LSU, A&M, A&M, Texas, USC, Miami, Alabama, Oregon, VaTech, GaTech, Arkansas

Player 12: Best food was Tennessee and Clemson. Just the cafeteria food. Best city? Knoxville, College Park or Lexington. Nicest hotel? Maryland. Everything was new, and it was big.
Interesting

Reactions: HeadVol77
On Jaylen Wright:

-AP

Also alludes to it being NIL based.
I would have understood Small transferring. Especially if we get Lloyd or Hayden. But Wright??

What is with these kids man?? Wright was/is probably gonna jump Small on the depth chart and be the #1. You start next year strong and you sign a big NIL during the season like Hooker and Hyatt did. Just do your job and the money comes.

Jaylen Wright hasn't even hit 1k in a season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back