Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have understood Small transferring. Especially if we get Lloyd or Hayden. But Wright??

What is with these kids man?? Wright was/is probably gonna jump Small on the depth chart and be the #1. You start next year strong and you sign a big NIL during the season like Hooker and Hyatt did. Just do your job and the money comes.

Jaylen Wright hasn't even hit 1k in a season yet.
If Lloyd isn't visiting (as reported by AP), then we won't get him. And Hayden isn't even in the portal.

I wonder if we backed off Lloyd to keep our backs happy only to get blindsided by the possibility of Wright entering the portal anyway?

Did someone just mention my girl?

giphy.gif
She's second behind Salma, just ahead of Scarlett.

Reactions: Volpac Sackyou
NIL and PT-- players who feel others are getting more want more themselves, whether they've earned it (or are "worth it") or not. Value is so subjective, and some programs will pay more for certain players and certain positions based on immediate needs.

Here's the rub-- some players who say it's just business want it both ways. They expect to be able to pursue opportunities elsewhere while getting all the privileges and perks at UT without any of the obligations. Having to re-recruit players, placate others and portal shop without causing disgruntlement is a distraction-- and not a fun one.

NIL and PT-- players who feel others are getting more want more themselves, whether they've earned it (or are "worth it") or not. Value is so subjective, and some programs will pay more for certain players and certain positions based on immediate needs.

Here's the rub-- some players who say it's just business want it both ways. They expect to be able to pursue opportunities elsewhere while getting all the privileges and perks at UT without any of the obligations. Having to re-recruit players, placate others and portal shop without causing disgruntlement is a distraction-- and not a fun one.

This is the reason I think a coach just has to ignore players if they act like they are going to leave when we look around in the portal. The days of loyalty are becoming few and far between.

247 and On3 can't shut the hell up about Keon Keeley (DL recruit for Bama). You'd think he's going to be Jevon Kearse mixed with Reggie White.

but also:

Vols signee Cam Seldon with nice separation against Tyler Scott. Excited to see Seldon's versatility this week.

for comparison:

Tyler Scott continuing his good day as he shuts down Carnell Tate on a double move.

The Scott kid has at least 3 picks too, so if Cam is getting separation on him...

Scott is about to get a bump, they said.

Top Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Texas and USC with the Tigers considered the favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back