Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've kinda had a weird run of runningbacks lately. Transfers, declaring early, quitting, etc.

Jabari Small will be the first back playing his senior year (unless he has an extra Covid year) since Marlin Lane iirc. Ty Chandler was a senior, but he transferred and played his final year at UNC.

Tiyon Evans transferred out.
Eric Gray transferred out.
Alvin Kamara declared early.
Jalen Hurd did his thing.

Then there was Marlin Lane and Rajion Neal.

Neal was a 1,000 yd rusher his senior year. Hurd was a 1,000 yd rusher his sophomore year.

We haven't had a single season 1k rusher since Hurd 2015.

Wright ran for +800 this year. If he puts back-to-back 1k seasons up his junior and senior years he would be at, roughly, 3,200 yards. #1 all-time. If Small puts up a 1k season he'd be at 2,600 yards. Right at what Hurd did. Needs to stay healthy for that.
It will be very hard to get 1,000 at Tennessee…. Heup likes to rotate his running backs…. He had 1 1,000 yd rusher at UCF but that player had to average almost 9 ypc to do it…. If we don’t lose Wright… I don’t think we need another back and we aren’t desperate for one even if he leaves….. we will have small SR, Wright JR, Sampson So, Khalifa Keith Fr, Cam Seldon FR, Desean Bishop FR.

I looked back to our last potential NC team of 2021 and here was our depth chart at RB: T Stephens SR, D Tinsley Fr,, J Davis Fr, C Houston Fr, and Keldrick Williams Fr.

T Stephens was stud backed up by a bunch of freshman…. This system creates stud running backs.

Question for Doc, even though I know he won't see it for a couple days.

2 days ago I noticed something with my left eye. At first I thought I had a small hair caught in it, that's what it seems like. Mainly in the peripheral, doesn't show up in the dark.

I'm literally freaking out! Eyesight is just something I took for granted. Does this sound like beginning of glaucoma?

If you have any thoughts please let me know asap..

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Wish Merrill could have worked out, but these are the times we are in.

I'll be interested to see where he ends up. Ole Miss was on him hard I wonder if their staff kept hitting him up.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
We've kinda had a weird run of runningbacks lately. Transfers, declaring early, quitting, etc.

Jabari Small will be the first back playing his senior year (unless he has an extra Covid year) since Marlin Lane iirc. Ty Chandler was a senior, but he transferred and played his final year at UNC.

Neal was a 1,000 yd rusher his senior year. Hurd was a 1,000 yd rusher his sophomore year.

Wright ran for +800 this year. If he puts back-to-back 1k seasons up his junior and senior years he would be at, roughly, 3,200 yards. #1 all-time. If Small puts up a 1k season he'd be at 2,600 yards. Right at what Hurd did. Needs to stay healthy for that.
Small has two seasons of eligibility remaining. 2020 was his true freshman season and didn’t count against his time.

Reactions: volbeast33
That film should be required viewing in high school. Drug use would plummet.
Of course, the movie doesn't hold a candle to the book...usually never does, right.

Then again, Selby is one of my all time favorites.

Reactions: bignewt
Keyton is the best WR on the team. I love Bru and Squirrel. But watch, Ramel is this upcoming year's Hyatt. Remember this post, so I can tell all you all, I told you so
Maybe we’ll see. Has the potential but is a bit inconsistent. Had a couple in the orange bowl he should of caught.

Question for Doc, even though I know he won't see it for a couple days.

2 days ago I noticed something with my left eye. At first I thought I had a small hair caught in it, that's what it seems like. Mainly in the peripheral, doesn't show up in the dark.

I'm literally freaking out! Eyesight is just something I took for granted. Does this sound like beginning of glaucoma?

If you have any thoughts please let me know asap..
Floater?
Floaters | National Eye Institute

I disagree. I think the best WR on the team is Squirrel by far. Ramel is good, but, he has too many drops to be considered the best WR. (Could he be better next year? Yes, just look at Hyatt)
I would agree. None of the receivers including Hyatt did anything close to what Squirrel has done as true freshman.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

John Kelly was a solid back. Think he declared after his junior season though

tenor.gif

Reactions: apevol
It was tongue in cheek. But, I do appreciate the analysis.
I gathered but thought I would share. It was the first game we had been to in a while. As we were leaving, I told my husband that I'm surprised he still has a job at this level, and he said that he won't for long if he keeps calling games like that. He called multiple charges where the defender fell down before any contact. He waved off Nkamhoua's basket and one (both of the other officials called the foul) for a travel under the basket; his foot never moved, and he wasn't in position to make the call. And ZZ got a great backcourt steal, which should have led to an easy basket, but the defender fell down trying to get the ball back, and he called a foul on Zeigler. I don't usually talk about officiating. He was BAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back