Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, not seeing Jaylen Wright in there as of yet.
Wright is all speculation based on a cryptic tweet. So far, Vol fans have blown this out of proportion. I'm not saying that he doesn't enter the portal, but there's been nothing more than assumptions based on that tweet. The only thing confirmed is that he'll miss Spring practice because he's having wrist surgery.

Word is wright is hitting portal ..Y'all heard that ?
Yes, which inspired me to look into this. Point was - we've had a string of backs not stick around and he has a chance to have the most yards in school history if he does.

Or if he puts up a 1k season next year he could probably declare early.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Demario Tolan in the portal. Think we finished second for him last cycle.
Thought he played well against us. Didn’t keep track of his season otherwise. Personal opinion, I don’t think the coaches pursue.

Keyton is the best WR on the team. I love Bru and Squirrel. But watch, Ramel is this upcoming year's Hyatt. Remember this post, so I can tell all you all, I told you so

He finished 2nd on the team this year in yard per catch (18.1) and in receiving touchdowns (5) and was 3rd in yards (562). I hope for the young man he has a 1k+ and 10 TDs+ season though and stays healthy.

Keyton is the best WR on the team. I love Bru and Squirrel. But watch, Ramel is this upcoming year's Hyatt. Remember this post, so I can tell all you all, I told you so
I’m not sure about this. Milton seems to set his sights on one guy and that appears to be White.

Hope that changes but I believe Milton’s first 5 pass attempts of the game were to White. Seems he gets fixated on one player.

It will be very hard to get 1,000 at Tennessee…. Heup likes to rotate his running backs…. He had 1 1,000 yd rusher at UCF but that player had to average almost 9 ypc to do it…. If we don’t lose Wright… I don’t think we need another back and we aren’t desperate for one even if he leaves….. we will have small SR, Wright JR, Sampson So, Khalifa Keith Fr, Cam Seldon FR, Desean Bishop FR.

I looked back to our last potential NC team of 2021 and here was our depth chart at RB: T Stephens SR, D Tinsley Fr,, J Davis Fr, C Houston Fr, and Keldrick Williams Fr.

T Stephens was stud backed up by a bunch of freshman…. This system creates stud running backs.
Demarea Crockett had 1k in 2016 under Heupel at Mizzou.
Ish Witter had 1k in 2017 under Heupel at Mizzou.

Both players overlapped. Crockett was a freshman in 2016 and took a step back in 2017 (injury?), Witter was a junior in 2016 and became primary in 2017 as a senior. Heupel likes to rotate backs, but if there's a dominant runner he feeds them.

Edit: So if you're keeping score at home - Heupel has three 1k rushers since 2016 (3/7 years). Tennessee has zero as a school in that time. I'm not Nostradamus but I think he will have a few more 1k rushers in the next 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back