Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've kinda had a weird run of runningbacks lately. Transfers, declaring early, quitting, etc.

Jabari Small will be the first back playing his senior year (unless he has an extra Covid year) since Marlin Lane iirc. Ty Chandler was a senior, but he transferred and played his final year at UNC.

Tiyon Evans transferred out.
Eric Gray transferred out.
Alvin Kamara declared early.
Jalen Hurd did his thing.

Then there was Marlin Lane and Rajion Neal.

Neal was a 1,000 yd rusher his senior year. Hurd was a 1,000 yd rusher his sophomore year.

We haven't had a single season 1k rusher since Hurd 2015.

Wright ran for +800 this year. If he puts back-to-back 1k seasons up his junior and senior years he would be at, roughly, 3,200 yards. #1 all-time. If Small puts up a 1k season he'd be at 2,600 yards. Right at what Hurd did. Needs to stay healthy for that.
Small technically has 2 years left because of 2020 so he could easily sneak up to the top 3

I’m not sure about this. Milton seems to set his sights on one guy and that appears to be White.

Hope that changes but I believe Milton’s first 5 pass attempts of the game were to White. Seems he gets fixated on one player.
That’s what everyone said about HH. Keep in mind that Milton and Squirrel were practicing together more through the year.

Demarea Crockett had 1k in 2016 under Heupel at Mizzou.
Ish Witter had 1k in 2017 under Heupel at Mizzou.

Both players overlapped. Crockett was a freshman in 2016 and took a step back in 2017 (injury?), Witter was a junior in 2016 and became primary in 2017 as a senior. Heupel likes to rotate backs, but if there's a dominant runner he feeds them.

Edit: So if you're keeping score at home - Heupel has three 1k rushers since 2016 (3/7 years). Tennessee has zero as a school in that time. I'm not Nostradamus but I think he will have a few more 1k rushers in the next 7 years.

If you just simply give Wright the 11 extra carries that Small had over Wright this year, and you average in what Wrights YPC is, then Wright gets within 60 yards of 1k. Heupel may not go the bell cow route often and does like to rotate, but history shows you can be a 1k rusher in this offense.

Yes, but he wasn't moved around like he has been in the NFL. Imagine him in Heup's offense.
I almost made a post yesterday about guys I wish we could have seen in this offense

Aside from the obvious guys like CP, Kamara, Justin Hunter, DaRick, Hurd

Gerald Jones
Von Pearson
Pig Howard

I think those guys would have been a blast in this offense

I’m not sure about this. Milton seems to set his sights on one guy and that appears to be White.

Hope that changes but I believe Milton’s first 5 pass attempts of the game were to White. Seems he gets fixated on one player.
Really? Each of the 3 staring receivers had a TD in the OB, though.

quick rundown of who has jumped into the portal

SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER WALKER MERRILL
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN RJ PERRY
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WILLIAM PARKER
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN TIGHT END MILES CAMPBELL
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE RUNNINGB BACK LEN’NETH WHITEHEAD
FRESHMAN RUNNING BACK JUSTIN WILLIAMS-THOMAS
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER JIMMY CALLOWAY
FRESHMAN DEFENSIVE LINEMAN JORDAN PHILLIPS
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER JIMMY HOLIDAY

9 thus far, compared to:

1672847158940.png

quick rundown of who has jumped into the portal

SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER WALKER MERRILL
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE OFFENSIVE LINEMAN RJ PERRY
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WILLIAM PARKER
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN TIGHT END MILES CAMPBELL
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE RUNNINGB BACK LEN’NETH WHITEHEAD
FRESHMAN RUNNING BACK JUSTIN WILLIAMS-THOMAS - Stanford
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER JIMMY CALLOWAY - Louisville
FRESHMAN DEFENSIVE LINEMAN JORDAN PHILLIPS - Maryland
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE WIDE RECEIVER JIMMY HOLIDAY

9 thus far, compared to:

So far, I believe only three have found new homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back