Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know. They just don't care because it doesn't fit their narrative. How can a position coach develop players that aren't available to be developed? The off season is where the most development takes place, then it continues into fall camp and during the season. Look at the development of Deneiko Slaughter and Theo Jackson. If guys are healthy and available, they improve by leaps and bounds. Injuries tend to stymie development.
The day Slaughter played, he was obviously our best DB. Yet it took injuries to play him. That’s on the coach. He should have been starting day one over anyone in the secondary. Makes me wonder what we could have in Turrentine, Thomas, and others if given a chance to play over Tank.

Two days ago, many USCe fans were convinced and terrified Beamer was going to Michigan.

They are hitching their wagon to the wrong star.

I am all for it!

He can catch lightning in a bottle. He can motivate and scheme up a couple of big plays. Nothing he does is sustainable.

The Vols will never be caught off guard by him again. I would bet they never lose to him again.

They are hitching their wagon to the wrong star.

I am all for it!

He can catch lightning in a bottle. He can motivate and scheme up a couple of big plays. Nothing he does is sustainable.

The Vols will never be caught off guard by him again. I would bet they never lose to him again.

Good ranking for the 23 Recruiting class. I'm a bit surprised. Why would so many good player go to USCjr. Also, why is Ole Miss's recruiting so terrible?

I would bet they never lose to him again.

I'm not sure I can say never again in all of history - but I can guarantee we will not lose to them on Saturday, September 30th. I expect that to be a raucous environment. First SEC home game, and a revenge game for 2022...

Kiffin convinced everyone that all the big time schools were coming after him. Including recruits
yeah, one of my best friends from back home is an Ole Miss alum, and according to him, some of the natives down there are getting a little tired of the antics. at some point, you have to answer the question, is what he's doing helping, or hurting? and i think while he's had some "flash" the last couple of years, it doesn't appear to have staying power. i think most still expect him to jump ship, and bets are getting hedged by recruits. 1 year portal rentals, i'm sure he'll do fine with, nothing to lose either way, but i think it may be hard to get some of the higher profile HS prospects to sign up, unless you just sell the "hey, even if i do leave, you can always transfer out, (to wherever i wind up) what ya got to lose?"

which would be a total Kiffin move.

anyway, i'll be surprised if Ole Miss is ever anything more than what they've shown to be the last two years under Kiffin. you can't trust that guy.

Personally I think the WR room is one of our strengths, never really understood the desire of the staff to take a WR from the portal, but then again I don't see what they see every day

I agree. I trust the coaches, especially on offense, but I'm afraid with this many stud receivers we won't have enough passes to keep them all happy. We don't rotate much. And that could lead to problems. Luckily the coaches know more than I do.

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?

I was in my championship game, was up, but my opponent had Allen, Bass, and Mixon. He very well could have won. The NFL said it was a no-contest, so I think the week is a no-contest.

We decided to be co-champs and split the money (not a huge amount though). Reasonable minds should prevail, and in an unprecedented event, I don't see anything wrong with claiming co-champs for this one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back