Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not perfect but it is much better.
Plus, viewership and fan excitement are sort of what it's all about.
It makes the regular season better and it makes the playoffs better......win/win......but still not perfect.
I think it makes the regular season worse. Teams (especially in the SEC) also need some cupcakes to rest up. These kids used to only pay 8-9 games. Then 10, Then 11, Then 12, Then 13 and possibly 14. When they go to a playoff of 12-16 teams how many games come off the schedule? Do they only play 9 regular season games? Limit conference games? I'm trying to figure it our without making these young men play too many games and risk injury.

They shoved it up our bung hole with the final ranking.

Mike Berardino has Washington ahead of us, displaced us to 7. You can’t leave TCU at 2. They lost their 2 of their last 3. 🥴 That’s not a top 4 team and they proved it.

Sports are a meritocracy. Bama… don’t even. Get behind me, Saban…err Satan.
Mike Berardino has been a chode to us all season. He had Bama still ranked ahead of us after we beat them even though we were both undefeated going into the game lol

Seeding will be based on eye tests..................Fine. I get that. I'm all for it.

What's ironic, is that the NC used to be voted on..................Based on eye tests! Minus BYU in '84, it worked pretty darn well. Then people complained about it not being earned and needs to be played on the field. We as fans can't have it both ways............We will get blow outs like this from time-to-time. Teams play bad and the moment is too big for them.

The two "best" teams seldom play for Championships. It happens in every sport, and it's because the playoffs are based on numbers and seeding. Just my opinion and nothing I can do about it. It is what it is.
You assume it did. Take this year. UGA and Michigan finish undefeated. Play in different bowl games.
Co NC’s like Bama and Penn st.?
Or Maybe Michigan, they had that impressive win over Ohio st. ?
Nah, it was crap, the BCS was crap just a little less than voting, and the 4 team with voters still deciding who’s the 4 is just a little less crap than the BCS.

I mean if we're all honest there were probably 2 or 3 teams we thought had a legit shot at beating Georgia. They played and beat Ohio State and if Bama hadn't crapped the bed at LSU they would have had to play them. Other than those two teams who else would have really given Georgia a game?

I just hope that's the last time Kirby wins it and I think with Heupel here and the SEC expanding it very well could be.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I think it makes the regular season worse. Teams (especially in the SEC) also need some cupcakes to rest up. These kids used to only pay 8-9 games. Then 10, Then 11, Then 12, Then 13 and possibly 14. When they go to a playoff of 12-16 teams how many games come off the schedule? Do they only play 9 regular season games? Limit conference games? I'm trying to figure it our without making these young men play too many games and risk injury.
High schools play 15 games to win the championship.
And they have multiple players playing both ways.

You assume it did. Take this year. UGA and Michigan finish undefeated. Play in different bowl games.
Co NC’s like Bama and Penn st.?
Or Maybe Michigan, they had that impressive win over Ohio st. ?
Nah, it was crap, the BCS was crap just a little less than voting, and the 4 team with voters still deciding who’s the 4 is just a little less crap than the BCS.

and you assume it's better now. Your opinion..............that's fine.
Point is..........not everybody is gonna be happy.

9 conference games
1 cupcake/ power five game
Up scholarship limits to 100 or more
Start season sooner if we keep more games
Start bowls and playoffs right after championship weekend

Okay now that that is over, bring me all the uga attrition. Give me uga coaches interviewing for other jobs. Give me uga players declaring for the draft. Give me uga players entering the portal.

I can’t live through a 15 year alabama dynasty only to see it followed by a Georgia dynasty. It just ain’t fair.

I saw some talking head calling next year's Georgia schedule a cupcake one...

But these same talking heads totally give the Big 10 teams a pass for soft schedules with only one or 2 tough opponents every year too. At least with a 12 team playoff you will really only be able to gripe about seeding, and that won't matter if you're a really good team.

Okay now that that is over, bring me all the uga attrition. Give me uga coaches interviewing for other jobs. Give me uga players declaring for the draft. Give me uga players entering the portal.

I can’t live through a 15 year alabama dynasty only to see it followed by a Georgia dynasty. It just ain’t fair.
Was basically saying the same to my wife and son last night. Would be so Tennessee for this to happen. Bama being our annual cross rival, and now UG!!🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back