Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
UT has been a master of self-sabotage for decades. A whole host of presidents, chancellors, ADs and coaches have been magnanimous while other programs calculate how to take advantage. Remember when Fulmer agreed to reschedule that COVID game aTm suspended, after the season was over, because aTm wanted the W? UT knew it would be another big L but went along with the SEC's request. Reverse the roles, and the Ags would've said "NFW."

As A&M did the next year to avoid a bowl game beating by Wake Forest

Apparently gator QB rashada is not in school
Issues involved
Gator fans are melting down
oh my god you weren't lying this is amazing

mod post 1:
Upon learning that Rashada was not enrolled earlier this week, I reached out to a Florida source who shared that the situation was rooted in an admissions hang up due to the academic calendar on the West Coast. However, as of the last hour, it has become clear that there is smoke that the issue could be much larger, transparently, I’m not 100 percent certain of what exactly that is. Was fishy when he didn't sign until late in the day on Early Signing Day, and here we are again waiting for him to get moved in and enrolled. We’ll continue to keep you guys updated as we learn more.

everyone is losing their minds, want to fire everyone

Admin and their Harvard of the south bull crap. Hey did everyone know we’re a top 5 public school. Guess what else is true… Our football team sucks!

Won’t matter. Program is 6 feet under already. Been dead

We owe Rashada money we don’t even have. Kid is not coming until he gets it.

If the rumors come to fruition then Id have to think it has nothing to do with the staff. Would also pretty much confirm to me why Mullen started to not give a sh*t about recruiting. Clearly there are problems that are bigger than the coaches

We don’t care about the football program. Just shut it down and focus on academics and gymnastics

11564285.jpeg

Just release him from his LOI and let him go to Miami. We’ve got Mertz.

I had to come into work today to an office full of barking Bulldogs, and now this?

If I’m Napier, I call a huddle with my attorneys and determine if there’s a way out of this contract. If there is, he should bounce. No one can fix this mess presently. It’ll take a while, and he’s still going to be the scapegoat. He’s certainly not been perfect, but there’s not a coach out there who can compete here under these circumstances.

Piggy has been right all along. This program deserves everything it gets for being a bunch of cheap, arrogant *********. Let it burn

“He doesn’t want more. They are refusing to pay him what was agreed to in a signed contract bc Heitner is scumbag and the UAA and the ppl in power are a bunch of morons”

mod update:
Simply put, this is not an academic or admissions issue at this point. Rashada has already been admitted to the university so anyone either insinuating or just outright saying that it is can be checked off as not credible. He appears in the student directory.

That said, the exact details of the hangup are unclear as nobody has the same answer as the next person. It is clear, however, that NIL is a major driving force. Why and how, I'm not yet sure.

Why are we the only school who refuses to put up NIL money for players. EVEN DABO NaILed to the Cross Sweeney does NIL better than us and he hates it

Don’t think a recruitment shows that more then this one.

Billy pretty much get Rashada to commit last summer then gets outbid and the whole situation unfolds. Which included a lot of the fanbase to trash Rashada. But Billy never stayed off and fought through all that to get the kid, family, and the NIL rep who was completely trashed to flip.

Then signing day comes and Rashada’s NLI takes forever to come in and Billy has to push back his presser to probably convince the entire Rashada camp that everything NIL wise was set up and good just for it to come down to enrollment day and all this is unfolding now and making Billy look like a liar. I wouldn’t know what to do if I was Billy

I wanna go back to the original timeline where Cam Newton wins a new mac-book in a school raffle.

Last edited:
oh my god you weren't lying this is amazing

mod post 1:

everyone is losing their minds, want to fire everyone

mod update:

Pepe the Gator is terrific. It does my heart good to read those UF fans looking down their schedule for next year and immediately putting down our game as an “L” as we have done for so many years with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirby has 1-6 staff members whose sole job is to scour social media, comment sections in articles or blogs, or message boards, and find the most ridiculous comments. Print them out and hang them up.

Some of the very members of this forum could be hung up on their bulletin board.
Good. I hope they know of my disdain for them.

I think he will be there.......and the kid from Northwestern is just as good. He's a three year starter. Either one is an upgrade over what the Titans have now.
Bears and Cardinals go defense i think. Texans Colts go QB. Seahawks could go either of those. Lions prob defense. Raiders QB? Idk. Falcons defense. Panthers QB. Eagles smfh who cares. So **** yeah they may have their choice of the 2. That would be nice

After typing it out, it looks much better

I always get a kick out of the ones that were saying “well uhm duh he should be in the discussion every year with those recruiting classes he brings in” and then the exact same people would say “well recruiting the right character guys is all that matters really, Top 5 recruiting classes don’t matter” … alittle bit of conflict of interest there don’t ya think?… hopefully Tennessee can get to that level. I don’t see a reason why Tennessee can’t despite everyone wanting to cap the success

It definitely matters and we can get to that level with commitment. It’s what differentiates the Haves, Have Nots, and Untouchables. UGA and Bama are among the Untouchables with the possibility of including Ohio State. At least we run a different system that allows us to be competitive on the field with those teams.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
any bye of any sort in the CFB playoff is stupid

furthermore, if the first round is going to be on campus, you are not rewarding communities that have good teams

that is another gameday weekend for local businesses to cash in on a successful team, especially in the smaller college towns

I wouldn’t be that upset with no byes. I do think finishing top 4 in CFB rankings should get you some small benefit over the other 8, but don’t know what the best route could be there.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I wouldn’t be that upset with no byes. I do think finishing top 4 in CFB rankings should get you some small benefit over the other 8, but don’t know what the best route could be there.

I hear you. counterpoint:

it should get you a home game on campus against the lowest seeds

if last night was any indication, it could be a great way to kick off the playoffs for some teams and local businesses/the university

you should always have an opportunity to showcase your campus, school, culture, and community in college football

rich fans in a giant NFL arena in a neutral city is soulless

Feel like the first playoff game at home is a better benefit than the bye, since you still have to wait for the first round game to end before you know who you're preparing to face anyway.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Bears and Cardinals go defense i think. Texans Colts go QB. Seahawks could go either of those. Lions prob defense. Raiders QB? Idk. Falcons defense. Panthers QB. Eagles smfh who cares. So **** yeah they may have their choice of the 2. That would be nice

After typing it out, it looks much better
Love the fact Colts and Texans are probably going QB, because there isn't a "great" QB in this draft. One might end up being 'OK," but nothing spectacular.

Reactions: franklinpence
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back