Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 conference games
1 cupcake/ power five game
Up scholarship limits to 100 or more
Start season sooner if we keep more games
Start bowls and playoffs right after championship weekend

How about throwing baseball some more full scholarships. 11.7 ain’t it. Football team doesn’t need 100 freakin dudes on full rides

So...the coaches poll on USA today shows that not a single SEC team in the top 15 gained a spot from winning.

GA went in 1st and stayed 1st
Bama went in 5th and stayed 5th
TN went in 6th and stayed 6th
LSU went in 15th and stayed 15th

Every single one of them won their final game by 2 touchdowns or more.

You would think so but a lot of folks here were in denial. They couldn’t believe it was going to happen.
I always get a kick out of the ones that were saying “well uhm duh he should be in the discussion every year with those recruiting classes he brings in” and then the exact same people would say “well recruiting the right character guys is all that matters really, Top 5 recruiting classes don’t matter” … alittle bit of conflict of interest there don’t ya think?… hopefully Tennessee can get to that level. I don’t see a reason why Tennessee can’t despite everyone wanting to cap the success

Reactions: Jack Burton
Hell I'll be honest, I think you should drop the scholarships in football. With how teams use walk-ons and PWOs they have plenty of guys who can play. Take it down to 80 or 82 and let baseball get the extra 3 or 5 scholarships. (Baseball having less than basketball is ridiculous imo)

Bama/GA/Ohio State losing the ability to carry 3-5 extra 4 stars would help lessen the gap imo.

we looked like idiots standing there with Bama demanding to keep the rivalry, while the rest of the league punished us via scheduling for wanting to keep it and "holding back" scheduling options for other programs

they were basically stomping on our fingers while we were hanging onto the platform of tradition for dear life

UT has been a master of self-sabotage for decades. A whole host of presidents, chancellors, ADs and coaches have been magnanimous while other programs calculate how to take advantage. Remember when Fulmer agreed to reschedule that COVID game aTm suspended, after the season was over, because aTm wanted the W? UT knew it would be another big L but went along with the SEC's request. Reverse the roles, and the Ags would've said "NFW."

UT has been a master of self-sabotage for decades. A whole host of presidents, chancellors, ADs and coaches have been magnanimous while other programs calculate how to take advantage. Remember when Fulmer agreed to reschedule that COVID game aTm suspended, after the season was over, because aTm wanted the W? UT knew it would be another big L but went along with the SEC's request. Reverse the roles, and the Ags would've said "NFW."

giphy.gif

I mean if we're all honest there were probably 2 or 3 teams we thought had a legit shot at beating Georgia. They played and beat Ohio State and if Bama hadn't crapped the bed at LSU they would have had to play them. Other than those two teams who else would have really given Georgia a game?

I just hope that's the last time Kirby wins it and I think with Heupel here and the SEC expanding it very well could be.

Tennessee, if the refs actually call their DBs for all that holding.

Tennessee, if the refs actually call their DBs for all that holding.

Meant -in- the playoffs, and no TN without Hooker wouldn't have given them a game.

But I agree other than Ohio State if our game down there had been officiated evenly we would have been right there in it.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Kentucky hung around too.

We blew out Mizzou and UK.

Just proves how much a mental game CFB is, still. Which is why you see Kirby basically brainwash these guys with in-house propaganda to keep them sharp.

The "leaked SEC coach" quotes before our game that basically called their entire defense soft. Give me a break.

Last night how many UGA players did you hear say "no one believed in us"?

I mean, look at this:

Kirby publicly said in the post game of the OSU game that they had all of these doubters about being good this year, and I made fun of him in front of friends of mine that it was nonsense.

What I don't get is the final AP rankings don't mean anything. The national champ wins the CFP game so it's not used to decide that even.

So why not rank based on bowl game performances? They had no issue dropping USC for losing to a good Tulane team on the last drive of the game, but TCU who got absolutely man handled finished higher than they were?!

View attachment 530346

I like the way that the first half of the season is constructed.

Huge game at Florida in a very manageable spot. UTSA comedown at home. Revenge spot vs South Carolina, get it all out before the bye. Bye week - regroup, get ready for a rough stretch.

View attachment 530347

this is a troublesome stretch A&M at home should be in our favor, will probably be a very exciting game, but will surely be physical.

at Alabama revenge spot, yikes

That Kentucky game has trap written all over it. Will be what SC was for us this year.

View attachment 530348

I love where UGA falls on the schedule next year. No matter what has happened that season, it's going to be a huge game with the possibility to ruin their season. Can't overlook Mizzou the week before and get caught slipping.
Make your bets today. . . A&M gonna have one of their best seasons ever. . . never fails that our alternate west team will be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back