Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like the first playoff game at home is a better benefit than the bye, since you still have to wait for the first round game to end before you know who you're preparing to face anyway.
Think about what an extra home game of immense magnitude would mean for Knoxville. All the hotels, restaurants, bars, local shops, transportation. It's a massive windfall for everyone. Your community should have an opportunity to cash in too.

Now think what that would mean for smaller college towns, like Oxford or Starkville.

Unfortunately leadership has it in their head to pay other cities and people. Great representation.

Love the fact Colts and Texans are probably going QB, because their isn't a "great" QB in this draft. One might end up being 'OK," but nothing spectacular.
Eh i feel like Bryce is the real deal. After that, I’d agree. Stroud might be above average. Really hope Bears trade down, someone jumps the colts and takes Stroud so they are left with Levis lol god that would be rich

Apparently gator QB rashada is not in school
Issues involved
Gator fans are melting down

rick-ross.gif

GA
Buford/Gwinnett/Gainesville
That is excellent football. Are all the kids college football size? Because we're in the highest classification in Florida and that's not the case. Even the five big opponents we faced had many kids that will never sniff the field in college. Northwestern Miami, St Frances (Baltimore MD), Clearwater Academy, Seminole and Lakeland FL all have solid amounts of college prospects. I'm guessing those are similar to what you see where you are. Venice also played IMG. IMG is the only opponent where every player will more than likely play in college. They are an exception. But then there are games against Naples, Sarasota, Riverview (twice), Riverdale, Lehigh, and Bucholz that have 5-10 college athletes across the Senior to Freshmen spectrum, but mostly kids who's careers will end their senior year.

Eh i feel like Bryce is the real deal. After that, I’d agree. Stroud might be above average. Really hope Bears trade down, someone jumps the colts and takes Stroud so they are left with Levis lol god that would be rich
JMO.......but Young will need to have the right system. He's too small.

I always get a kick out of the ones that were saying “well uhm duh he should be in the discussion every year with those recruiting classes he brings in” and then the exact same people would say “well recruiting the right character guys is all that matters really, Top 5 recruiting classes don’t matter” … alittle bit of conflict of interest there don’t ya think?… hopefully Tennessee can get to that level. I don’t see a reason why Tennessee can’t despite everyone wanting to cap the success
I'm not defending anyone's takes either way, but that's not an apples to apples comparison. Kirby walked into a tailor-made situation and that's not detracting from what he's done. But..... he didn't have culture issues, talent issues, NCAA issues, recruiting issues, portal issues, or roster issues. UGA was a consistent 10 win program, but Richt couldn't get them over the hump to win a championship. Kirby was tasked with putting on a fresh coat of paint and adding a pool out back. Heupel has been tasked with a complete remodel of a rental that's been neglected for 20 years and had a crumbling foundation. You absolutely have to establish and maintain a particular culture to get this thing back in the parade of homes. Getting talent with high character and program loyalty is part of that. He can't afford a class with lot's of talented busts and misses due to character issues (see TAMU).

JMO.......but Young will need to have the right system. He's too small.

I think the Seahawks would be a good spot to land for him, their next Russel Wilson....but not sure if he'll fall to 5th with both Colts & Texans needing a QB.

The worry too is that the top 4 picks all also need OL. Titans at 11th are in an interesting spot hopefully they have their pick of the Ohio State or NW players, if neither are there though what other OL player is worth taking 11th? I don't honestly feel like this draft class has a WR worth taking in the top 15. I'd take Hyatt and/or Tillman in a heartbeat to be Titans...but not 11th overall.

Brice Young is an amazing QB. His problem in the NFL will be just surviving. He's not very big. Any team drafting him should also have a very good backup because I can see him missing on average 4 - 6 games a year.

I hear you. counterpoint:

it should get you a home game on campus against the lowest seeds

if last night was any indication, it could be a great way to kick off the playoffs for some teams and local businesses/the university

you should always have an opportunity to showcase your campus, school, culture, and community in college football

rich fans in a giant NFL arena in a neutral city is soulless

Feel like the first playoff game at home is a better benefit than the bye, since you still have to wait for the first round game to end before you know who you're preparing to face anyway.

I’m not completely against a 1st round campus game instead of a bye, that definitely is an advantage to play at home. To play devils advocate though another week of practice to get back to fundamentals, an extra week to scout both potential opponents, and another week to potentially get guys healthy again are also major pluses too.

If they did do away with byes and go 1st round campus for the top 4 though, you can bet the house that my happy ass will be in a seat in Neyland that day.

Meant -in- the playoffs, and no TN without Hooker wouldn't have given them a game.

But I agree other than Ohio State if our game down there had been officiated evenly we would have been right there in it.
I think Milton could get it done. But I'm not going to argue. You keep doubting the guy. We'll see what next year brings.

I’m not completely against a 1st round campus game instead of a bye, that definitely is an advantage to play at home. To play devils advocate though another week of practice to get back to fundamentals, an extra week to scout both potential opponents, and another week to potentially get guys healthy again are also major pluses too.

If they did do away with byes and go 1st round campus for the top 4 though, you can bet the house that my happy ass will be in a seat in Neyland that day.
I think that a first round bye is too much of an advantage

I think the Seahawks would be a good spot to land for him, their next Russel Wilson....but not sure if he'll fall to 5th with both Colts & Texans needing a QB.

The worry too is that the top 4 picks all also need OL. Titans at 11th are in an interesting spot hopefully they have their pick of the Ohio State or NW players, if neither are there though what other OL player is worth taking 11th? I don't honestly feel like this draft class has a WR worth taking in the top 15. I'd take Hyatt and/or Tillman in a heartbeat to be Titans...but not 11th overall.
If the two OTs are gone...........they will pick a WR......and an injury prone one at that.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back