Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I haven't been posting much lately, but I gotta ask one favor of y'all. If you still have your Dad, please call him just to chat and tell him you love him. All the times I should have, told myself to, and didn't..... and now I can't. You never believe that your hero will ever die, but life always has a way of proving you wrong. He may not have been my biological father, but he was absolutely my Dad.

2.29.40 - 1.12.23
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for everyone who loved him.

I know that I haven't been posting much lately, but I gotta ask one favor of y'all. If you still have your Dad, please call him just to chat and tell him you love him. All the times I should have, told myself to, and didn't..... and now I can't. You never believe that your hero will ever die, but life always has a way of proving you wrong. He may not have been my biological father, but he was absolutely my Dad.

2.29.40 - 1.12.23

My father was a leap day baby too. He died 64 years ago. Sometimes the opportunity to say I love you is missed, but the love is understood without the words.

Fortunate to have sat in TBA for 3 of his years there. Remember a friend of mine our freshman year talking up this assassin from Maysville KY that Tennessee was recruiting. He had played against him in high school and said he would set records wherever he went. Brushed him off. Pshhhh suuuuure.

I want nothing but success for that young man. Yes, I was on the bandwagon, but knew he was a sitting duck in Coach Heupel’s offense. I still classify him as a VFL. Anyone says better, I know where the Waffle House is located off Cedar Bluff 😤.
Happy for him! I didn’t realize he was getting playing time. Was he starting?

My father was a leap day baby too. He died 64 years ago. Sometimes the opportunity to say I love you is missed, but the love is understood without the words.
Even if you’re a dawg interloper, I’m so sorry for every day you’ve had to live without him. Prayers don’t just have to be at a single moment. They carry us through every day anyone of us feel loss and need them.

2.29.40 - 1.12.23

Sounds like you had a very great man as a father. Not all of us are so fortunate. I’ve tried for over 20 years to repair the relationship I have with my father. It sucks when you are the lowest priority in a parents life, which in turn makes your children the lowest priority of grandchildren. The only lesson mine ever taught me was how not to be a father. I make it a point to do the opposite of what my father did raising me. The closest man I had to a father growing up was my maternal grandfather. He was the greatest man I knew. He died 18 years ago and I miss him every day. I tell my sons stories about him. I was in Iraq on my second deployment and by the time I got home he was in a coma and held on long enough for me to say goodbye to him.

Prayers for your comfort during your grieving process. It doesn’t get easier over time, it just feels less raw. Remember the good times and the great memories you have. That’s what has always helped me.

Happy for him! I didn’t realize he was getting playing time. Was he starting?
I have no clue, but I’ve always rooted for the kid. A lot has to do with his recruitment, hope and his peer recruiting. He never wavered and no drama when he signed. I’ll have to use the Google machine. Thanks 😒.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back