Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it your only Canadian house? Maybe that's the explanation. At least the ghost was friendly. Being Canadian and all.
No, we rented at least 7 houses in the 13 years I lived there. The haunted house had the banging closet doors every so often over the two years we stayed there. The other houses were just as old but no noises. The only time I experienced anything like this in my 76 years. Just weird.

Americans just don't know how to relax. Citizens of every country I ever lived it, took more time for leisure than we do. We work ourselves to death. We live for work, most of the other people in the world, just works to live.
Sad but pretty true. Though I still say Japan and some other Asian cultures are even worse.

People here definitely define themselves by work. You ask them about themselves and they just start describing what they do for work...to make money, not who or what they really are 😒 and all I was wanting to know is what their passions or hobbies were

🤮🤮🤮
A fool and their money. . .

Was it a bad bet?

I honestly don't know what the odds are of losing while up 27-0. I'd have a hard time thinking it happens more than 1% of the time. Just my guess.

He took 1 to 125 odds. Some people on twitter saying it was "the worst bet" ever but I really don't know the odds and doubt they do either.

Comes down to margins imo, not absolute dollar amounts (all assuming this bettor is using proper bankroll management and only bet a unit or a few units...and if not, it doesn't change the good bet/bad bet...just poor br management).

People make wayyy worse bets all the time when they take 2:1 bets when the odds are 3:1. I see those all the time among friends. Especially those people always wanting to make straight-up ML bets with even odds. When you tell them you're taking the team that's an 8 pt dog and want odds they scoff like it's improper to want odds while making "friendly bets". Then I just walk away from those lol.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Americans just don't know how to relax. Citizens of every country I ever lived it, took more time for leisure than we do. We work ourselves to death. We live for work, most of the other people in the world, just works to live.

Hey, gotta have more possessions. And the latest and greatest ones.

Well put. It's the key to a balanced life.
Cruises help from my experience, just don’t purchase a wifi package.. ahh! Instant relaxation because nobody can bug you.. the most relaxing vacation I ever went on was with my parents my kids and my husband.. the people I cared about the most were with me and I didn’t want to hear about anything or anyone else 😂

Was it a bad bet?

I honestly don't know what the odds are of losing while up 27-0. I'd have a hard time thinking it happens more than 1% of the time. Just my guess.

He took 1 to 125 odds. Some people on twitter saying it was "the worst bet" ever but I really don't know the odds and doubt they do either.

Comes down to margins imo, not absolute dollar amounts (all assuming this bettor is using proper bankroll management and only bet a unit or a few units...and if not, it doesn't change the good bet/bad bet...just poor br management).

People make wayyy worse bets all the time when they take 2:1 bets when the odds are 3:1. I see those all the time among friends. Especially those people always wanting to make straight-up ML bets with even odds. When you tell them you're taking the team that's an 8 pt dog and want odds they scoff like it's improper to want odds while making "friendly bets". Then I just walk away from those lol.
Forgot ESPN had that whole "real-time percent to win" chart.

If we believe their stats, the Chargers were at a 98.8% peak chance to win in the 2nd quarter. So he needed to win $16,800 to make a breakeven bet. So he was off by 50% by only getting to profit $11,200...so yeah you'd be right to say it was an awful bet. Though I'd still strongly disagree with the twitter folks thinking it was the worst of all time.

It also reminds me of those wall street geniuses that made millions making long-shot bets. Their whole theory was that humans tend to underestimate long-shot possibilities. But even things that seem insanely unlikely to happen...tend to happen at a higher clip than we would intuitively guess. Smart strategy if you have all the right info...such as Vegas would definitely have.

Got in my first record. It came with a surprise cool looking green EP. The fact that it's a live version even makes it better. Like my wife said, "it's like you're there". I was semi skeptical of the sound difference but I love the sound of it all.View attachment 531314
Vinyl def allows to hear the imperfections in the music. Recall a Hendrix album on Vinyl, could hear his fingers move from fret to fret. Older music was recorded on equipment meant to be heard this way.

Even the Station used to prefer DAT over Compact Discs both in live recording sessions and transference.

No, we rented at least 7 houses in the 13 years I lived there. The haunted house had the banging closet doors every so often over the two years we stayed there. The other houses were just as old but no noises. The only time I experienced anything like this in my 76 years. Just weird.

Sounds like you are describing a poltergeist, which I think loosely translates into “noisy spirit.” A lot of people think a “ghost” means the manifestation of a deceased human being. Though I think that might account for some incidents, the invisible ecosystem of things that surround us as we bumble along in life is probably more varied than we have yet to identify and classify.

Jmho- I am no paranormal researcher or ghost hunter, but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn several years ago.

Got in my first record. It came with a surprise cool looking green EP. The fact that it's a live version even makes it better. Like my wife said, "it's like you're there". I was semi skeptical of the sound difference but I love the sound of it all.View attachment 531314
Be careful, man. Vinyl can easily become an obsession. Started about 7 years ago and 200 albums later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back