Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What SB do we want to see? What SB do we think will happen?

I want a Bills-Vikings SB.

I believe the SB will be Bengals-Eagles.

I’d like to see 49ers/Chiefs. I just think that would be the most fun. I feel for the Bills with the Hamlin situation but as a division rival I just can’t cheer for them to win it all. I’m indifferent on the Bengals, don’t really care. Eagles have a good shot and I wouldn’t mind if they made it either. With the Vikings, I just don’t think they are good enough to make it.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Was it a bad bet?

I honestly don't know what the odds are of losing while up 27-0. I'd have a hard time thinking it happens more than 1% of the time. Just my guess.

He took 1 to 125 odds. Some people on twitter saying it was "the worst bet" ever but I really don't know the odds and doubt they do either.

Comes down to margins imo, not absolute dollar amounts (all assuming this bettor is using proper bankroll management and only bet a unit or a few units...and if not, it doesn't change the good bet/bad bet...just poor br management).

People make wayyy worse bets all the time when they take 2:1 bets when the odds are 3:1. I see those all the time among friends. Especially those people always wanting to make straight-up ML bets with even odds. When you tell them you're taking the team that's an 8 pt dog and want odds they scoff like it's improper to want odds while making "friendly bets". Then I just walk away from those lol.
Yes. It was definitely a bad bet. Risk $1.4m to win $11k.

Reactions: drylo and drvenner
If he really wants to recharge he should go somewhere with no electricity or internet and reconnect with himself and the people he is with. Live off the earth, do with less, immerse with his God and nature. Honestly, I think that would be good for all of us every few years. It would either make you appreciate what you have more, or show us what we’ve always been missing. If anyone has done this, please share how and where.

Kids were young. Flew to jackson hole. Rented a huge RV. Did Yellowstone, Cody, Glacier, Grand Tetons. Mined for gold, went to the rodeo, cooked on a fire, ate chili in a bag, played board games. No phones. No tv. One of the best vacations ever.

Bucket list:
experience tailgating at a home Buffalo playoff game
I was in Buffalo the day prior to, and in Rochester the day of the Music City Miracle. Recall going to a keg party expecting Natty Light, and instead got handed a cup of Genessee Light. Didnt know anyone, so, asked someone to put the game on, and, Hockey came on.🤦🏼‍♂️

I mean, you could maybe wait until they play at Tampa Bay

Xavien Howard is getting torched today and it's only been a few mins.

We tried this cover 0 **** earlier in the year and got torched, and then stopped doing it over the last part of the year as much and started to get some better results, and then in the playoffs we go back to what was getting us torched. I hope McDaniel gets rid of Boyer this off-season. We need a legit DC.

I’ll take getting to the playoffs in McDaniel’s first year with all of the injuries we’ve had, but I thought coming into today if we could keep it within 2 scores that would be an accomplishment in itself. We don’t have the offensive balance that the 49ers have to have to start a 3rd string QB and be successful.

I will take this until he retires. He's building a quality brand in basketball. We're getting 1-and-dones annually. Our floor is so much higher than it was when he got here. We've got a generation of young talent with their eye on Knoxville as a possible destination. What Rick is doing is more important to Tennessee basketball than the number of SEC titles he wins or Finals Fours or Sweet 16s or whatever.

The amount of talent that's come through that program since he got here is insane. Obviously recruiting rankings aren't the end-all, but I remember how exciting it was when we got Jarnell Stokes. Jonas Aidoo has a higher ranking than Stokes did. Rick has landed 6 of the top 10 all-time recruits in UT history and we've been in the final 2 or 3 for several insanely talented guys like Banchero.

So, I'm not going to overreact to 1 loss to Kentucky and I'm not going to foolishly clamor for Barnes to be fired, like some do, when things don't go our way.
The amount of ignorant takes by UT fans about Barnes is staggering. No clue or context about what they are saying. He has not created flash-in-the-pan hype about the program. He has actually built a program with an ironclad foundation that has brought in tons of talent and they play the game the right way. UT has the most wins of any SWC team over the last 3 seasons. But we got idiots that want to crow about his shortcomings in March. Barnes ain't perfect just like every other coach in the country.

Was it a bad bet?

I honestly don't know what the odds are of losing while up 27-0. I'd have a hard time thinking it happens more than 1% of the time. Just my guess.

He took 1 to 125 odds. Some people on twitter saying it was "the worst bet" ever but I really don't know the odds and doubt they do either.

Comes down to margins imo, not absolute dollar amounts (all assuming this bettor is using proper bankroll management and only bet a unit or a few units...and if not, it doesn't change the good bet/bad bet...just poor br management).

People make wayyy worse bets all the time when they take 2:1 bets when the odds are 3:1. I see those all the time among friends. Especially those people always wanting to make straight-up ML bets with even odds. When you tell them you're taking the team that's an 8 pt dog and want odds they scoff like it's improper to want odds while making "friendly bets". Then I just walk away from those lol.
Worse in terms of odds, but to risk that much money for such a tiny comparable return is really, really dumb.

What SB do we want to see? What SB do we think will happen?

I want a Bills-Vikings SB.

I believe the SB will be Bengals-Eagles.
I would like to see some team who has never won it, like the Bills or Vikings to win. I am going to say Bills-Eagles in the SB and I will be pulling for the Bills if that happens.

Reactions: gordonr24
We tried this cover 0 **** earlier in the year and got torched, and then stopped doing it over the last part of the year as much and started to get some better results, and then in the playoffs we go back to what was getting us torched. I hope McDaniel gets rid of Boyer this off-season. We need a legit DC.

I’ll take getting to the playoffs in McDaniel’s first year with all of the injuries we’ve had, but I thought coming into today if we could keep it within 2 scores that would be an accomplishment in itself. We don’t have the offensive balance that the 49ers have to have to start a 3rd string QB and be successful.
McDaniel is also too smart for his own good. Outsmarts himself often. Waddle and Hill didn't show up. Defense is Jekyll and Hyde man. It's annoying.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back