Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDaniel is also too smart for his own good. Outsmarts himself often. Waddle and Hill didn't show up. Defense is Jekyll and Hyde man. It's annoying.

If Miami can build an OL, then I’m hoping McDaniel will settle in. All the talk before the season was about how much a running game wizard he was, but we haven’t seen that yet. The offense slowed down the 2nd half of the year, mainly because of injuries, but also because defenses started daring us to run and dropping their LBs to clog up the intermediate/deep passes over the middle that Tua was thriving on. If Miami had a run game they wouldn’t be able to do that. Just feels like McDaniel doesn’t trust the OL and running game but maybe he’s just pass happy.. hard to tell.

Need to shed some dead weight and get some cap space back, figure out how to build a better OL and get rid of Boyer. That’d be a successful off-season in my eyes. I’d give my left nut to be able to get a DC like Vic Fangio.

This isnt about the Bucs, but, when (insert team) plays Kentucky the fix is on. Last night whilst watching the Alma Mater play it occured to me while seeing us get mugged, hip checked, reached into, banged out of way - then a ticky tack off ball foul gets called - that Collegiate Bball officiating is an absolute joke.

Its absolutely what happens to us, everytime we play Kensucky
Imagine what Rick Barnes' winning record against Cal would be if that didn't happen.

Vinyl def allows to hear the imperfections in the music. Recall a Hendrix album on Vinyl, could hear his fingers move from fret to fret. Older music was recorded on equipment meant to be heard this way.
Woah that is wild. Sounds like I need to get some Jimmies.

Definitely trying to find analog mastered records. Also thinking of getting an old school analog speaker to have it analog from front to end. Currently have it going bluetooth to our tv sound system. Which is great still, but think I'll just jump in to becoming a true audiophile 😅

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I think our one and done guys are hurting this team. Barnes is known for building teams that play together and stay within their roles. One and done players disrupt team chemistry. All you have to do is look at the Kentucky roster every year. All those guys leaving early for the NBA just may cost him his job.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians------
I think he's getting a little of both now. It's like getting portal players in football right now. Heup is making sure they're a chemistry fit. You have to make sure those 1-and-Dones are fits as well. I think Chandler was a good fit. BHH was not (and he's gone. Barnes didn't give him minutes he didn't deserve). So you have a blend of older development guys and younger uber talented guys. I think it can work effectively.

Cal runs like 80% 1-2 yr players and 20% development guys.

Be careful, man. Vinyl can easily become an obsession. Started about 7 years ago and 200 albums later...
Yeah...I can feel it. The financial aspect is a bit of a concern. Promised myself I'd just do 1 good record/month this year. And then a few cheap used ones to play around with on my sampling machine.

Reactions: bignewt
Forgot to tell y'all.

Finally remembered to ask my mom and uncle if they knew Charlie Ergen growing up (I knew they were about the same age and went to the same HS in Oak Ridge) and indeed they knew him and his family. I gave them my huge spiel how for only 99 cents a day (in relative dollars...so maybe more like $100k/day for him or .25% APY interest...a mere fraction of his investment returns) he could help feed a boatload of 5 stars and help us win championships. Told them they need to let him know ASAP.

Anyway, they kept drinking their wine and said they'd get right on that. Y'all are welcome 😂

Last edited:
Yes. It was definitely a bad bet. Risk $1.4m to win $11k.
My point was sort of...if it had been $1.4mm to win 30k it would have been an insanely good bet. But some non-bettors would just see those figures and think it's awful without considering the odds and odds-margins.

But yes it was bad bad for 11.2k. Jmo but better have all the info if you want to go up against Vegas because they sure as hell have all the data in the world. That bettor sure as hell didn't or didn't consider the odds of the outcome vs the odds he was laid.

Imo it was a super rich drunk dude showing off to his friends how he can just tap a button and make 11k in an hour. Joke's on him 😅

Hope he does really well. Definitely was arranged prior to Jackson hitting the portal. I hope he informed our coaching staff somewhat ahead of time.
He's from Indiana isn't he? I can't say I'm surprised.

He got to learn behind Hendon Hooker and Joe Milton and get coached by Heupel, Golesh, and Halzle for a year and a half. Get SEC training. He could've gone straight to Indiana and sat too. Pretty good deal for him there. Now he can go tear it up in the Big Ten

Definitely trying to find analog mastered records. Also thinking of getting an old school analog speaker to have it analog from front to end. Currently have it going bluetooth to our tv sound system. Which is great still, but think I'll just jump in to becoming a true audiophile 😅
Carver pre-amp to amp. One with the old school exposed sound tubes. Go Boston speakers.

He's from Indiana isn't he? I can't say I'm surprised.

He got to learn behind Hendon Hooker and Joe Milton and get coached by Heupel, Golesh, and Halzle for a year and a half. Get SEC training. He could've gone straight to Indiana and sat too. Pretty good deal for him there. Now he can go tear it up in the Big Ten
His brother is a basketball player there also.

Wow, Lady Vols may have turned the corner. Big lead on Georgia, which would give them a 7-game win streak and undefeated in conference play. Tied for the lead in the SEC with South Carolina, Ole Miss, and LSU.

@InVOLuntary has done yeoman’s work with that bunch.

Just get a nice receiver ( I have a Yamaha) and some decent speakers. Heck in my writing room I just have a crosley with it's internal speakers that sounds just fine.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back