Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to guess if any of that Food City money will trickle down to us fans with reduced ticket prices?
200w.gif

I mean adding west coast teams to the BIG is stupid, but at least the name of the conference doesn't render it so before you even get the words out of your mouth. Universities in the state of California, which for those of you playing along at home is on the Pacific coast of the United States, joining a football conference that is named The Atlantic Coast Conference is just idiotic on it's face. I mean shut the front door already.

Now what would Glitch say🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I mean adding west coast teams to the BIG is stupid, but at least the name of the conference doesn't render it so before you even get the words out of your mouth. Universities in the state of California, which for those of you playing along at home is on the Pacific coast of the United States, joining a football conference that is named The Atlantic Coast Conference is just idiotic on it's face. I mean shut the front door already.

There you go.

Rumor is that the ACC is changing its name to the American Seacoast Synod.

We need more legacy players. I really thought one of Travis Henry's 103 children would eventually be a Vol.
I wish the Legacies were all coming thru now under Heupel instead of being wasted under Butch.

McKenzie
Bates
Kelly
Berrys

Would have loved to have seen a real coach get the absolute very best out of them.

@Big Orange#1 The Johnny Unitas Award is presented by A.O. Smith Corporation. I thought you'd want to know.

Bazooka Joe be out der putting defenses in hot water.™

(I'm trade marking that. A.O. Smith needs to come to me for rights.)

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Idk about skull-dragging us. You talking about the way they skull-drug Boston College (18-7) or Virginia Tech (26-24)?? Both finished 8-4 on the season.

Maybe, maybe not. We were about the only team that could have matched up with them athletically and speed wise. I don't necessarily disagree that they may have beaten us; but, "skull-dragging" is, as you like to say, conjecture.

I’m not among those who think they were the greatest of all time, but someone posted a video this week that showed if they had not scored an offensive touchdown they would have gone 8-4 on field goals and defensive touchdowns. It doesn’t really have a bearing on your comment. It’s just a mind boggling random statistic.

Actually interested in what Georgia looks like next year. It will be a major reset year for them. All the guys that have been there for their run will be moving on and it's all the new guys that have been recruited in during that period. And Bobo's system. Obviously, they will be fine but something I've been looking at
They’ll still likely be elite and possibly the best team in the country. At least they’ll have to play a more difficult schedule and have more chances to stumble along the way. This years schedule is absolutely embarrassing for them

Last edited:
Actually interested in what Georgia looks like next year. It will be a major reset year for them. All the guys that have been there for their run will be moving on and it's all the new guys that have been recruited in during that period. And Bobo's system. Obviously, they will be fine but something I've been looking at
Too bad we don't get them early. (Of course we will improve, too.)

Now, one could say we must be the late season "build up" game this year because it could be for the East. But recall that for years on end when the East was determined exactly by the Tenn v Fla game (and everyone knew it would be), the Birmingham office had us as the SEC opener. Most people noticed that it was the worst time of year to play in the Swamp (at it's hottest and muggiest), especially when the game is slotted for the afternoon. Look at all the SEC teams who have never played the Swamp in September!

Three statisticians approached St. Peter at the pearly gates to Heaven. St. Peter, in a kind and gentle voice, instructed them to give their name and state what they had contributed to mankind while on earth.
The first statistician stepped up confidently and said, “I am Karl Pearson and I developed the famous correlation coefficient at the start of the 20th century and it has been used by multitudes of researchers for almost 100 years.” St. Peter nodded and said, “Oh yes, that was a monumental contribution to statistics and the world. You may pass through.”
The second statistician planted both feet firmly and said in a cocky fashion, “I am Sir Ronald Fisher and I founded the entire area of experimental design in the 1920;s and multitudes of researchers have used these techniques for about 70 years.” St. Peter smiled broadly and said “That indeed was a landmark breakthrough in statistics and contributed to the betterment of mankind. You may also walk through the gates.”
The third statistician hesitated but finally walked up slowly to St. Peter. he said timidly, “I am Joe Schmutz and I taught a former Vice President, who was a very reserved man, several dance steps that he used in a well-known political TV commercial.” St. Peter, with a puzzled look on his face, stared at the man and said, “That is all well and good sir but it has absolutely nothing to do with statistics and I fail to see how your action has helped mankind.” The poor statistician thought for a second. He then quickly retorted,
“But St. Peter….These steps became the famous AL-GORE-RHYTHM that helped George Bush win the Presidential election in the year 2000!!….”
20230822_173442.gif

Not impossible. I still won't believe that someone on our OL told him this. And also, since his story keeps changing, something that turns out to match one iteration wouldn't match the other versions. And finally, he claims there are no insiders, so that would be an awkward justification for him.

I don't think it's in the team's best interest to have a guy rumormongering.

I won't count myself as having known retroactively if the rumor somehow turns out to have some ground, however attenuated. I won't have been "gotten," imo, if I didn't buy morphing unsubstantiated rumors. He wouldn't have much to yuck about.
In his mind and pretend world, he’ll yuck it up. Validation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back