Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

It’s literally (and I mean literally) based on the recruiting rankings from the recruiting sites.

You actually even reference the rankings with “15-20” range and “top 3”
That's the only barometer that everyone has to use for a comparison. What other metric is there for random people to have a discussion? We can have the same regurgitated argument that's been had on this site. I can say Clemson won a national title without having top ranked classes, and you can say that's the exception....not the rule. Bottom line is that we've played for one national championship during my 50 years on this earth. That includes a time when we recruited better than anyone in the SEC. And....since they started having SEC championship games, we've played in it 5 times. Only winning two of those. If the floor is national titles, you will almost always be disappointed in our recruiting.

Last edited:
If they are really racists then they must hate their own players too...that does not compute.

By golly. Not a single racist in all of sports fandom then! Glad we figured that one out.

Not like they might just root for whoever is dressed for their school...or just ask Bernard King on his experiences. Guess he was just making things up 😒 Jackie too. And so many others.

This is ignoring implicit racism as well, which is far more the issue in modern times. And this goes in every direction from every peoples to degrees. It's exactly why those folks jumped straight to "the projects" coming out of their mouth. That's their association to a young successfull black football player...something something ghetto. It speaks volumes.

What? The truth speakers?
Sure thing buddy…you’re just a “realist”….”speaking the truth”…”keeping it real”…

The rest of us are “sheep”…”have the orange glasses on”…”Heupel apologists”…

You’ve got such a new and refreshing take on things…we’ve never seen a poster that’s so willing to question the coaching staff and keep the rest of us fools in check

What about the ones who spin everything in a positive light for Tennessee? You know anyone like that?

You mean the ones who don’t freak tf out everytime something doesn’t go their way with the football team?

Yeah, I know plenty.

You mean the ones who don’t freak tf out everytime something doesn’t go their way with the football team?

Yeah, I know plenty.
Not exactly. More like the ones who think every coach and player fires big orange rainbows out their butt no matter the scenario or decision, good or bad. Everything's awesome all the time! Objective thinking be damned.

Reactions: vols 30
Not exactly. More like the ones who think every coach and player fires big orange rainbows out their butt no matter the scenario or decision, good or bad. Everything's awesome all the time! Objective thinking be damned.

If you got a point to make, then make it.

By golly. Not a single racist in all of sports fandom then! Glad we figured that one out.

Not like they might just root for whoever is dressed for their school...or just ask Bernard King on his experiences. Guess he was just making things up 😒 Jackie too. And so many others.

This is ignoring implicit racism as well, which is far more the issue in modern times. And this goes in every direction from every peoples to degrees. It's exactly why those folks jumped straight to "the projects" coming out of their mouth. That's their association to a young successfull black football player...something something ghetto. It speaks volumes.

Racism is not endemic to white people and I am freaking sick of this stupid 🦬💩 being blown out of proportion everytime a drunk idiot says something mean.

You think those players never made a implied racist remark toward whites?...🦬🦬💩💩

Reactions: knoxvol52

They were using stereotypes…. Black people are associated with the projects/hood…. Just like southern white people are called rednecks, Hillbillies, and trailer park trash. Talking about the projects is in every form of black entertainment from music to movies…. A memphis artist called himself Project Pat.

Bernard King is not a good example bc he was in constant trouble on campus….. I wouldn’t trust anything he has to say. What happened to Jackie Robinson was horrible and the people responsible should be ashamed of themselves.

The fans yelling insults were just mad bc they were losing a football game…. The players didn’t seem bothered and were egging it on.

VN Store

Back