Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

This.

Stop replying to trolls and they will disappear naturally. They wouldn't even need to be banned.
I wish it worked out that way. But many people don’t use the ignore function like they should so the best way to get rid of obvious trolls is to ask @Freak to ban them. And for the record I use the ignore feature all the time.

I wish it worked out that way. But many people don’t use the ignore function like they should so the best way to get rid of obvious trolls is to ask @Freak to ban them. And for the record I use the ignore feature all the time.

There's not even a need to use the ignore function. Most trolls make themselves known pretty quickly. Just skip on past their posts and they won't get the attention they crave.

I'm also not opposed to known trolls being banned.

That's the only barometer that everyone has to use for a comparison. What other metric is there for random people to have a discussion? We can have the same regurgitated argument that's been had on this site. I can say Clemson won a national title without having top ranked classes, and you can say that's the exception....not the rule. Bottom line is that we've played for one national championship during my 50 years on this earth. That includes a time when we recruited better than anyone in the SEC. And....since they started having SEC championship games, we've played in it 5 times. Only winning two of those. If the floor is national titles, you will almost always be disappointed in our recruiting.
Clemson didn’t win a NC without recruiting. They had the #9 roster in 2016, they had the #6 roster in 2018 - and they’re the FLOOR.

I’m not disappointed in Tennessee recruiting. We’ve recruited very well over the years.

Which is what you must do to even have a shot - the numbers back it up.

Only 1 team (mostly) has won the NC every year in the data set - but they all recruited at a very high level. It’s the price of admission.

Clemson didn’t win a NC without recruiting. They had the #9 roster in 2016, they had the #6 roster in 2018 - and they’re the FLOOR.

I’m not disappointed in Tennessee recruiting. We’ve recruited very well over the years.

Only 1 team (mostly) has won the NC every year in the data set - but they all recruited at a very high level. It’s the price of admission.
You keep going to this "not recruiting" narrative. Once again, no one has ever said that you don't have to recruit at a high level. You just stated yourself that Clemson won it all TWICE without a roster that was considered by the "experts" to be top 5. We have many in this forum that feel like our coaches are poor recruiters if we don't finish in the top 3 by service standards. Always with the Bama blah, blah, blah.... Georgia blah, blah, blah. If we're going to get over the hump anytime soon, we're going to have to do it with a roster that ranks in that #9-#10 range. The new 12 team playoff format makes that more possible than ever.

You keep going to this "not recruiting" narrative. Once again, no one has ever said that you don't have to recruit at a high level. You just stated yourself that Clemson won it all TWICE without a roster that was considered by the "experts" to be top 5. We have many in this forum that feel like our coaches are poor recruiters if we don't finish in the top 3 by service standards. Always with the Bama blah, blah, blah.... Georgia blah, blah, blah. If we're going to get over the hump anytime soon, we're going to have to do it with a roster that ranks in that #9-#10 range. The new 12 team playoff format makes that more possible than ever.
And I never said Top 5 was the standard - that’s your narrative.

I said Top 15 was the bare minimum, and that’s being generous. You have to stack Top 10 classes with a couple of bangers, historically.

And I also said that I do believe the new expanded 12 team playoff will expand the envelope. But that’s a possible future, and won’t change the current conversation about the actual, historical past.

I think people should just stop doubting him.

They were supposed to be 0-2 at this point.

They play CSU this weekend, but those dudes will give Oregon all they can handle.

if ANYONE just takes the time to look at their roster, they wouldn't be that suprised. Too many idiot Tom Luginbills in the world.
Too many guaranteed that he'd be an instant failure to admit that he's already exceeded expectations for year 1. I've never seen so much hate for a coach from the same people that swear he absolutely sucks. Spurrier, Kiffin, Saban, Freeze, Jimbo, Dabo...none of them received the type of hate I've seen thrown at Prime already.

And I never said Top 5 was the standard - that’s your narrative.

I said Top 15 was the bare minimum, and that’s being generous. You have to stack Top 10 classes with a couple of bangers, historically.

And I also said that I do believe the new expanded 12 team playoff will expand the envelope. But that’s a possible future, and won’t change the current conversation about the actual, historical past.
How is it my narrative when you said that was the standard from your historical data?

How is it my narrative when you said that was the standard from your historical data?
Because I never said it. You did.

The last 25 National Champions all being recruiting heavyweights is all just a grand conspiracy. Lies, all of it.

It’s literally (and I mean literally) based on the recruiting rankings from the recruiting sites.

You actually even reference the rankings with “15-20” range and “top 3”

Right here -

without a roster that was considered by the "experts" to be top 5.

Sure thing buddy…you’re just a “realist”….”speaking the truth”…”keeping it real”…

The rest of us are “sheep”…”have the orange glasses on”…”Heupel apologists”…

You’ve got such a new and refreshing take on things…we’ve never seen a poster that’s so willing to question the coaching staff and keep the rest of us fools in check
Never said any of that. The only people I make fun of are the people who attack people with different opinions than they have. I don't really care if you're a sunshine pumper or negavol. Has zero impact on my life. Our opinions shouldn't bother people like you so much either bud.

Because I never said it. You did.

Right here -
Funny how you didn't use my entire quote referencing top 3-5 classes are the prevailing thought of many here in the forum. Not my personal opinion. Isn't you saying that the last 25 national Champions were recruiting heavyweights basically the same thing? While "heavyweights" is subjective, most would not consider consistently finishing 4th or 5th in the SEC in recruiting making you one of those teams. Yet finishing 9th nationally usually puts you in that range.

Too many guaranteed that he'd be an instant failure to admit that he's already exceeded expectations for year 1. I've never seen so much hate for a coach from the same people that swear he absolutely sucks. Spurrier, Kiffin, Saban, Freeze, Jimbo, Dabo...none of them received the type of hate I've seen thrown at Prime already.
That’s because none of those you listed are racist douche bags.

Seriously? ALL of those have received more "hate" than he has.

The only thing I really care about concerning him is the use of racial division BY him. Otherwise I really don't care unless he happens to play UT.

Seriously? ALL of those have received more "hate" than he has.

The only thing I really care about concerning him is the use of racial division BY him. Otherwise I really don't care unless he happens to play UT.
Not true. You may not have hated on him personally, but I saw so much Kiffin and Freeze fanboying on this site during the last coaching search despite them both being major sleeze balls. Alot of it coming from people disparaging Coach Prime. As far as racial division, you do realize that he's had white players at Jackson St and Colorado right? You do also realize that those players absolutely love the guy as well right? I'm not a Deion fan, but the excuses that some use for wanting him to fail are laughable.

none of them received as much hype and was as in your face as coach prime….

none of them received as much hype and was as in your face as coach prime….
"PRIME" is a character. It's a persona. That's what has largely generated the hype. Some will be completely turned off by it. Some will love it. Just like him as a player. He talks a big game, but so far he's backed it up his entire life. Now he appears to have 2-3 future first rounders to further bolster his talk. The staff that he assembled is producing early results as well.

Funny how you didn't use my entire quote referencing top 3-5 classes are the prevailing thought of many here in the forum. Not my personal opinion. Isn't you saying that the last 25 national Champions were recruiting heavyweights basically the same thing? While "heavyweights" is subjective, most would not consider consistently finishing 4th or 5th in the SEC in recruiting making you one of those teams. Yet finishing 9th nationally usually puts you in that range.
Funny how I used the portion of your quote where you said exactly what you accused me of?
Why would I care what many on the forum say? I didn’t say it. YOU said it.

So you could have just said - “sure ‘85, I was wrong, you never said that”

But you just doubled down in the face of evidence that shows you being dead wrong.

Y'all are contaminating multiple player threads with the same annoying, washed out, heard-it-500-times debate about recruiting rankings.

LET IT GOOOOOOO
It’s crazy how talk of recruiting rankings end up in so many of the player threads where we talk about kid’s recruiting rankings. Weird.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back