Recruiting Targets

I would love for somone to put together a list of our "real' potential signings left available...however sad and dismall it may be Phil is usually a solid closer in this business.

Yeah, sorry I just read through the whole thread...So besides the one mentioned that are off to other places, we are still in it with the rest?

We are still in it somewhat with all of them. If I didn't think we have at least a slight chance, I would take them off.

are we still in it for Alexander? what is our chances for that alonzo lawrence. CB 6'1'' really good

We seem to be slipping for Alexander, but alot of schools have almost dropped him. That situation may depend on who we hire. I think FSU may be about to get his commitment again if they want it.

I'm not sure about our chance's for Lawrence. I do think that Bama is his leader, though.

I thought he would have committed by now. I think we land him in the end, but he may also be waiting to see who we hire.

so everything is going to come down to our new hires? I've felt like that was the case, which makes Phil dragging his feet all the more perplexing.

Dragging his feet? He is making sure he gets the best candidate possible. He is not dragging his feet. If he hired somebody immediately a lot of fans would be up in arms that he didnt wait on somebody better.

I'd say Phil is doing the right thing like bol said. Would you rather him make a hasty hire just to try to save this one class(which may or may not save it) or take the time necessary and bring in the right guy? That may bring in more recruits than the first option anyways.

a couple of questions...

I noticed you removed d'anthony curtis from the list. is he solid to arky?

why are teams dropping alexander? grades/character concerns?

you also don't have alonzo lawrence on the list? no chance with him? scout says he is visiting

Is A.J. Alexander still interested in us. There is an article on Volquest. Can anyone tell me what is says?

Likes Tennessee for Tennessee even through all of the coaching changes.

Yup, he still plans on visiting with his mom. I can't get a real good read on him. Maybe FSU isn't pursuing him as hard as he thought. He says he is visiting Pitt, though Pitt fans have said they have pretty much dropped him.

The newest article on Lawrence says that his leaders are Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU.

Curtis is one to watch. His teammate, DT LaVunce Askew, has a visit planned. Both are committed to Arky.

HV,
am I crazy to think that if we get some great new assistants in that we are in line to land possibly McClain and Page? that would be huge!
Thoughts

I think we could. I don't think it is a great chance, but it is a possibility. Page really, really liked his visit and I'm not sure what is going on with McClain.

VN Store

Back