Rep Massie posts gun photo

Nope. That is 100% false.
That's as absurd as saying anyone taking a picture of themselves holding guns supports school shootings.
Equally absurd notions.

No, they would have to hold up signs supporting school shootings for there to be an equivalence.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Religiously, it's disrespectful to the holiday. Let's celebrate the birth of Christ by brandishing firearms!

It's absolutely their right to do so.
I thought that was weird to. People trying to somehow tie it into the school shooting are weird

Reactions: Rickyvol77
This is a comparison of homicide rates between Australia and the US. Note that the US figures were happening while firearm ownership and right to carry have been increasing. (Not trying to make a causation argument with that, just stating the fact to be considered when looking at the data) Just throwing it out there.

ScreenHunter_6419 Dec. 08 09.54.jpg
ScreenHunter_6420 Dec. 08 10.38.jpg

Reactions: Vol8188
It's a fetus. An extension of the mother.

Separate DNA, separate heartbeat, separate body, that’s a hard argument to make that it’s not killing another human.

If you stop the heart of a fetus, you’ve not taken the life of another human?

A Thompson is on my bucket list along with an M1.
Had to sell my M1 a few months ago. It’s an amazing rifle. It doesn’t kick at all relative to what I was expecting. I can’t imagine trying to fight against men with M1’s with a bolt gun

This is a comparison of homicide rates between Australia and the US. Note that the US figures were happening while firearm ownership and right to carry have been increasing. (Not trying to make a causation argument with that, just stating the fact to be considered when looking at the data) Just throwing it out there.

View attachment 418670
View attachment 418671

That’s what I was saying earlier. You have to accept that crime across the world went down, not just Australia

No, they would have to hold up signs supporting school shootings for there to be an equivalence.
Not at all.
Supporting abortion in no way means you support killing babies. NOT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.
Some nuts may think it means the same thing, but they are nuts.
Supporting gun ownership in no way means you support school shootings. NOT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.

24 pages of discussion because a family took a picture holding unloaded, legally-owned firearms in the safety of their own home.

This is hilarious.

I want another thread started after they shoot something. Don't even care who they cap!

Separate DNA, separate heartbeat, separate body, that’s a hard argument to make that it’s not killing another human.

You are not.

Most states would agree with what you said. I believe the murder of a pregnant woman in most states is considered double murder

That seems to have very little to do with Australia's gun deaths figures.

Do you expect them to reduce to 0? Where would be an appropriate number to bottom out?
Ask luther about where he expects them to end up. I am against their law so his whole premise is wasted on me.

If it was driven by the law I would expect the change in deaths after the bottom to match population growth. I dont think Australias population has grown by almost 19% in a decade since deaths bottomed out, but I honestly havent checked. Or for luther I dont think their number of guns have increased that 19% either. If either is true I would think that helps your argument.

What makes that so? How is it not a separate life in your opinion? It does have separate dna? A separate heartbeat? A separate body?
The fetus is dependent on the host for survival.
I do not believe a zygote is a human. I do not believe a sperm cell is half a human.
I do not believe an egg is half a human.
All of those things are necessary components in the creation and development of a human.
Let's not have a gun debate and an abortion debate in the same thread.
Anti-gun people look upon gun nuts, as pro-lifers look upon those who support a woman's right to choose.
"They're crazy and have a complete disregard for human life".
Both positions are equally absurd.

It turns out the large majority of Australia's gun deaths are suicides, and as Luther pointed out, gun suicides are far more successful than other methods, so when you prevent 200-300 gun suicides per year in Australia, only a fraction of those people are going to find a successful way to kill themselves.

Guns in Australia — Firearms, gun law and gun control
Most people who end up killing themselves have a failed attempt in their past. So it's going to be an appreciative number that will carry over from guns.

Unless they had to try twice with a gun. I would agree you are getting rid of those.

The fetus is dependent on the host for survival.
I do not believe a zygote is a human. I do not believe a sperm cell is half a human.
I do not believe an egg is half a human.
All of those things are necessary components in the creation and development of a human.
Let's not have a gun debate and an abortion debate in the same thread.
Anti-gun people look upon gun nuts, as pro-lifers look upon those who support a woman's right to choose.
"They're crazy and have a complete disregard for human life".
Both positions are equally absurd.

Your stances are just simply absurd. Being dependent upon a host doesn’t negate it being killed. There’s plenty of animals/bacteria/etc that are dependent upon other things. You can still kill those things.

When does it become a human? And you brought this up, not me

Not at all.
Supporting abortion in no way means you support killing babies. NOT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.
Supporting gun ownership in no way means you support school shootings. NOT AT ALL. NOT ONE BIT.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Your stances are just simply absurd. Being dependent upon a host doesn’t negate it being killed. There’s plenty of animals/bacteria/etc that are dependent upon other things. You can still kill those things.

When does it become a human? And you brought this up, not me
Only to be used as the mirror image of the nutty gun photo.

VN Store

Back