Rich Men North of Richmond

Biggie/Tupac/Outkast/Em for the win. With Nas/DMX/8ball and MJG coming off the bench.

Rap died from an autotune infection bout 2005. This crap today is not the same.

Except for NF.

Have you listened to NF? He sounds a lot like Eminem. Never cusses. Won 2 Dove awards last i saw. Talks a lot about mental health, the struggle that life can often be, and God.

"Christian Rap" is synonymous with "horrible" ...i get it. NF is the 1 exception to the rule i have ever heard. Love that dude.

That's why I mentioned him. Eminem with a positive spin/Christian-spiritual warfare message. I like Lecrae too.

Reactions: Gandalf
Right-Wingers Rally Around New Song By Unknown Artist After Jason Aldean

Here's a quote so yall don't have to click the article:

"This is a pretty fascinating trend we're seeing -- it appears when right-wingers perceive something (like a song) they think addresses their grievances/perspectives, they lean into it ... and, from the small sample size we've noticed, it can be effective in the marketplace."

Is there anything in this song that is right-wing? Leftists have now moved so far to the left that any song that dares criticize politicians or the current state is now considered "right-wing". Also, I think they're intentionally using that label to discredit the message of the song and narrow the scope of applicability to strictly conservatives. Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells and ears can tell that this song isn't just some "right-wing" message. This irks me.
Try This - visual reactions of Americans from all walks of life watching the video
https://x.com/0rf/status/1691957955250331924?s=57&t=hWIgvRvxzkR97AUQrV6L_g

I never claimed that the song overtly referenced race.

My claim was that the reason the MAGA base are such a fan of the song is because they are inferring it from the lyrics and, consistent with their general philosophy, they perceive much of the song as a nod to their resentments. Including as to race and social spending.

When I point this out, I get two reactions: a) the song doesn't actually say that; and 2) what about other possible interpretations.

What posters taking these positions fail to grap is that neither is an answer to my point. That there could be other interpretations to the song does not deny my perception that the reason the MAGA base likes it so much is because it appeals to their resentments (described above). And the fact that the song does not make specific reference to race in discussing social spending is sort of my point: it is being put in there by the MAGA base.

This is my sense of what is going on with the song's popularity in certain circles, and particularly the MAGA class. And the effort by some to turn it into some sort of innocent protest song that cuts across party and demographic lines is both pollyanish and utterly unrealistic.
I have not seen anyone but you bring race into this song.

Its a pretty typical position you take when it comes to things you have no actual argument for. You insert racism so that you can just ignore opinions that you otherwise can't counter.

I have not seen anyone but you bring race into this song.

Its a pretty typical position you take when it comes to things you have no actual argument for. You insert racism so that you can just ignore opinions that you otherwise can't counter.
When they have exhausted their cards and all that's left is a handful of racist cards.

Ironically the majority of people on welfare are poor white people who are Trump humpers.

The guy singing that song doesn't even know who's he's mad at.

That's the best part of this entire thing. The song doesn't address either side, rather, the elites and establishments they have created.

Apparently it's "right-wing" to be anti-establishment and people becoming rich off of said establishment. Just shows how tribal this country has become that each side finds fault with one another instead of those on both sides of the aisle in power. We're doing exactly what they want us to do, and instead of voting them out and weeding out the corruption, we continue to propagate it through being uninformed and lazy citizens.

Honestly it's pretty depressing...

That's the best part of this entire thing. The song doesn't address either side, rather, the elites and establishments they have created.

Apparently it's "right-wing" to be anti-establishment and people becoming rich off of said establishment. Just shows how tribal this country has become that each side finds fault with one another instead of those on both sides of the aisle in power. We're doing exactly what they want us to do, and instead of voting them out and weeding out the corruption, we continue to propagate it through being uninformed and lazy citizens.

Honestly it's pretty depressing...

Well stated.

As long as we keep arguing about whether cat sh*t smells worse than dog sh*t, we aren't paying attention to all the bull sh*t Washington keeps heaping on us.

That's why I mentioned him. Eminem with a positive spin/Christian-spiritual warfare message. I like Lecrae too.

My bad..didnt see where you mentioned him bro. Heat is cooking my brain...building a huge old folks home in Columbia SC and an apartment complex in Charlotte
The only thing that separates columbia from Hell is a screen door...its down in a bowl geographically so no wind. Last week it was 101 with heat index of 110. Im getting too old for this ****.

GO VOLS!! 11 DAYS TIL GAMEDAY

Ironically the majority of people on welfare are poor white people who are Trump humpers.

The guy singing that song doesn't even know who's he's mad at.
Wrong. He is mad at the whole system in General. The folks North of Richmond are the ones benefiting by controlling the laws and listening to the Rich.

So biden supporters? And Trump supporters? And anyone voting any career politician back in office?

It's unfortunate that you are not perceptive enough to see the difference between trump and "any career politician"---much like MAGA dopes want to pretend that Biden or other Dems are not different than the gangster. Uh, the differences are as wide as the Grand Canyon. MAGA want to pretend that jaywalkers are no different than serial killers.

VN Store

Back