Rickea Jackson

Speaking of Rickea, The Athletic just printed a mock WNBA draft and has Rickea drafted 4th overall and going to Seattle despite the current injury. If Horston and Jackson are both there, I will definitely follow that team!
Interesting that so far, the injury hasn't hurt her draft status a bit. 3 or 4 draft projections have come out recently and RJ is btw 4-6 in all of them. Helps that her last few appearances on court were dominating Ameri Cup in Mexico, proving she can play w the Ws in the USA exhibition, and putting 31/17 on Fla St.

Probably now the most important thing she needs to show the league is that she's healthy. She's welcome to start doing that ASAP.

I saw that one, but it seemed kind of unreliable to me. Two of them don't have Paige B listed at all, so I think some real team bias is at play. Their projections for RJ are higher than most others. Regardless, she's solidly high to mid first round right now.

I saw that one, but it seemed kind of unreliable to me. Two of them don't have Paige B listed at all, so I think some real team bias is at play. Their projections for RJ are higher than most others. Regardless, she's solidly high to mid first round right now.
yea, I noticed that too

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Interesting that so far, the injury hasn't hurt her draft status a bit. 3 or 4 draft projections have come out recently and RJ is btw 4-6 in all of them. Helps that her last few appearances on court were dominating Ameri Cup in Mexico, proving she can play w the Ws in the USA exhibition, and putting 31/17 on Fla St.

Probably now the most important thing she needs to show the league is that she's healthy. She's welcome to start doing that ASAP.

Just said this in another thread but I could totally see her, her agent and family deciding to pack it in this season. If there is little hope of a tournament berth and her draft stock is mostly unaffected even not playing, what benefit does she have to return and risk injury or poor play?

She’s mentioned that she has a lot of wear and tear and her knees aren’t what they used to be. Might just take the time to rehab, get stronger and prepare for the next level.

They might find it in her best interest to forgo the rest of the season. If she returns it will be for the love of the game and her teammates because it certainly doesn’t benefit her much personally at this time.

Just said this in another thread but I could totally see her, her agent and family deciding to pack it in this season. If there is little hope of a tournament berth and her draft stock is mostly unaffected even not playing, what benefit does she have to return and risk injury or poor play?

She’s mentioned that she has a lot of wear and tear and her knees aren’t what they used to be. Might just take the time to rehab, get stronger and prepare for the next level.

They might find it in her best interest to forgo the rest of the season. If she returns it will be for the love of the game and her teammates because it certainly doesn’t benefit her much personally at this time.
Unless she becomes the catalyst to turn it completely around. If she comes in after such an abysmal start and turns this team into a final 4 contender...She will enter into Chamique and Candace's legendary status

I'm assuming you mean even tho declared able to play by meds. Answered in the other thread I'm sure the possibility has been considered. Jade Li English is not sleeping and knows the WNBA really well. I'm confident RJ's best interest is most important for all involved.

Mostly I think she just wants to play more in college where it's really been career interuptus for her. Also having an injury severe enough to take you out for the year could be a concern for potential teams. Then there's bailing on the team vibe, which given her history could be risky.

I don't think they'd do this tease taunting if she weren't really coming back. I'd have to burn a mattress or two if they did.

Or, there's a medical redshirt. Aunties Kea and TK leading the team next year.

I'm assuming you mean even tho declared able to play by meds. Answered in the other thread I'm sure the possibility has been considered. Jade Li English is not sleeping and knows the WNBA really well. I'm confident RJ's best interest is most important for all involved.

Mostly I think she just wants to play more in college where it's really been career interuptus for her. Also having an injury severe enough to take you out for the year could be a concern for potential teams. Then there's bailing on the team vibe, which given her history could be risky.

I don't think they'd do this tease taunting if she weren't really coming back. I'd have to burn a mattress or two if they did.

Or, there's a medical redshirt. Aunties Kea and TK leading the team next year.

The WNBA teams interested in her will have full health disclosure so that’s really a non-issue for them. I don’t think her draft stock would be where it is now if her injury was going to be a longterm issue.

The WNBA teams interested in her will have full health disclosure so that’s really a non-issue for them. I don’t think her draft stock would be where it is now if her injury was going to be a longterm issue.
Then her leaving kinda would be a questionable look. I'd hate to see her leave that way, being medically cleared to play, but whatever's best for her.

But do you really think they'd tease? Dang, I would grab the pitchfork.

Then her leaving kinda would be a questionable look. I'd hate to see her leave that way but whatever's best for her.

But do you really think they'd tease? Dang, I would grab the pitchfork.

Yes, at this point, I do. I think this staff is desperate. They know she’s probably their only hope of salvaging their jobs. It’s selfish but I can see them teasing it and trying to convince her to come back even if she and her personal team are hesitant.

Nobody likes getting fired.

Yes, at this point, I do. I think this staff is desperate. They know she’s probably their only hope of salvaging their jobs. It’s selfish but I can see them teasing it and trying to convince her to come back even if she and her personal team are hesitant.

Touch grass. Now you're making it personal. What have these four done to make you suspicious of their moral characters? If anything they're accused of being too soft and buddy buddy goody goody. That's just not fair.

Also, if you know anything about English and/or Rickea's Mom, and KJH knows both well, no convincing against RJ's best interest is about to happen. At all.

Touch grass. Now you're making it personal. What have these four done to make you suspicious of their moral characters? If anything they're accused of being too soft and buddy buddy goody goody. That's just not fair.

Also, if you know anything about English and/or Rickea's Mom, and KJH knows both well, no convincing against RJ's best interest is about to happen. At all.

When people are backed into a corner they make decisions they wouldn’t normally make. As I said, nobody likes getting fired. I also believe Holly is a truly good person but there is no denying she made some questionable moral choices and threw her team, assistant and others under the bus when she saw the writing on the wall.

When people are backed into a corner they make decisions they wouldn’t normally make. As I said, nobody likes getting fired. I also believe Holly is a truly good person but there is no denying she made some questionable moral choices and threw her team, assistant and others under the bus when she saw the writing on the wall.
I'm denying Holly Warlick made questionable moral choices bc I don't know that at all! How would I? I know she turned out to be an average at best head coach and woefully unprepared to build a team culture. None of that is moral failure for god sakes. If incompetence is immoral I'm in deep trouble.

Why do you keep proclaiming lousy coaching as moral failure? Take a pill, it's rough on all of us right now.

I'm denying Holly Warlick made questionable moral choices bc I don't know that at all! How would I? I know she turned out to be an average at best head coach and woefully unprepared to build a team culture. None of that is moral failure for god sakes. If incompetence is immoral I'm in deep trouble.

Why do you keep proclaiming lousy coaching as moral failure? Take a pill, it's rough on all of us right now.

Not here to argue, thanks.

The passion I once had for this program has really faltered this season. Used to get so worked up but I’m just not anymore. I’m very ready for a leadership change.

I was not a fan of the husband/wife situation to begin with and made that very clear when they were hired. I don’t think that’s worked well at all and the fact that Jon still has a job is troubling to me. He should have been let go three seasons ago when the other assistants were if Kellie was ever going to be truly taken seriously.

The athletic department made her look bad and nepotistic by not firing her husband. Too many feelings involved employing one of the most memorable LVFL.

Which is why I do sincerely hope we don’t even consider another former Lady Vol for our next hire. The program needs to start over. I’d even be glad to see us rebrand and go strictly to being Tennessee Women’s Basketball instead of the Lady Vols. The brand has taken a flogging over the last decade.

Last edited:
and they will have their own medical evaluations or at least the league will

Dude, there is a line between opinion/speculation and baseless accusations and character assassination.

You are crossing it over and over. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence but the evidence right now is Rickea doing lots of rehab and clear signals that she will be back soon.

If there is a conspiracy afoot, Rickea is part of it. Que the X-Files theme song....

Dude, there is a line between opinion/speculation and baseless accusations and character assassination.

You are crossing it over and over. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence but the evidence right now is Rickea doing lots of rehab and clear signals that she will be back soon.

If there is a conspiracy afoot, Rickea is part of it. Que the X-Files theme song....

You’re the one blowing things out of proportion all the time.

I’ll cross whatever line I want. This is a fan message board lol.

This is reprehensible! I know you have some weird personal ax to grind with this staff but this is beyond the pale!!
They have never pushed a kid to play hurt e.g. Rae, Jordy, TK.
Also, they are not worried about their jobs. That is just your constant drum beat.
You owe this staff an apology!!!

You’re the one blowing things out of proportion all the time.

I’ll cross whatever line I want. This is a fan message board lol.
Board rule 13 -- Rumors. For the most part, rumors are part of what makes message boards entertaining. However, please post them responsibly. Refrain from posting any unsubstantiated rumors that could be harmful to Tennessee, its coaches or players.

Board rule 13 -- Rumors. For the most part, rumors are part of what makes message boards entertaining. However, please post them responsibly. Refrain from posting any unsubstantiated rumors that could be harmful to Tennessee, its coaches or players.

That isn’t a rumor, if you have eyes you can see the desperation.

This is reprehensible! I know you have some weird personal ax to grind with this staff but this is beyond the pale!!
Also, they are not worried about their jobs. That is just your constant drum beat.

You are a delicate flower. I’m sorry my words wilt your petals so.

I don’t owe the staff any sort of apology. And to insinuate they aren’t worried about their jobs is foolish. Look at their faces, listen to their words, look at their actions.

Some of you live in the thought bubble of VolNation and whatever Maria’s creation is where only positivity and politeness are allowed. The real world is calling. Check tweets, read the news, watch the podcasts. THOUSANDS of people want Kellie gone. Not just 3-5 posters on VolNation. People don’t want to watch this product.

Rickea should be back in one of the next 2 games, and Kellie & staff will be back next year. There's never been anything mentioned that Rickea will not be back. Danny White told '27 commit Finley Chastain that Kellie would be her coach. Nothing has been suggested within the AD's office that changes that.

Rumor: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Sorry Amazing Kreskin, your reading of the staff's eyes is not evidence.

Yeah, still not a rumor lol. Carry on with your bad self though. Unlike you I’ve always been willing to admit when wrong on here. Have yet to see you own your nonsense.

Sounds like a rumor to me that they are not worried about their jobs. If they are not, I’d be even more offended. Talk about self centered and narcissistic. They are failing spectacularly, if they aren’t owning that and worried about their future they are doomed for certain.

96th in the Net and 5-5 on the season a third of the way through the 23-34 season. There are some facts. Guess maybe they’ll worry when we’re out of the top 100.

VN Store

Back