Rob Preston(athens Chamber of Commerce President) cries to the Times Free Press

I guess the coc thought the Alabama football program was struggling and needed a boost, huh.

Like the wife of a billionaire getting a job at a boutique so the family can help make ends meet

Yes. Whether directly or indirectly Alabama football benefits in all aspects. Even financially.

So you are of the belief that someone who has never spent a dime on Alabama football will be convinced to do so after attending this event?

I guess the coc thought the Alabama football program was struggling and needed a boost, huh.

Like the wife of a billionaire getting a job at a boutique so the family can help make ends meet

Eddie Murphy talking about Johnny Carson's wife "not like she going to get a job to make ends meet. He's Johnny Carson, ends are meetin like MF'r."

Reactions: 1 person
So you are of the belief that someone who has never spent a dime on Alabama football will be convinced to do so after attending this event?

Every question you ask is a little bit less than the previous question that I answered. You will continue to go on and on with every question being a little less than the previous until you ask a question that "you win on." I know your greasy little criminal tide tricks. You better try them out on someone else.

South Carolina allowed Danny Ford to speak at Williams-Brice a few weeks ago. I'll be damned if I ever give that stadium, school, or town another cent.

Every question you ask is a little bit less than the previous question that I answered. You will continue to go on and on with every question being a little less than the previous until you ask a question that "you win on." I know your greasy little criminal tide tricks. You better try them out on someone else.

No, I never expect you to see the flaws in your logic. I doubt you're capable of that.

I just like watching you perform these mental gymnastics. It amuses me.

A little over 13,000 in the city, a little over 52,000 in the county.

If your from Athens, city or county, it's all the same....:)....I was thinking everybody when I said it...I lived in the county, way out in the count(r)y, but I am from Athens....that's the way we view it....

And a Vols fan can't be interested in hearing about leadership from one of the nation's most successful leaders? They've already had Fulmer, Pearl and Summit at this dinner. Guess they shoulda invited Dools!
There are two types of people; Vol Fans and those who can go to hell.

Just my opinion.

If someone is interested in shelling out $50 to hear him speak what do I care? I wouldn't invite him to speak at my function but I don't see what the big deal is.

If you don't want to hear him speak then do like I'm gonna do..... DON'T GO. :)

This COC is attempting to benefit directly from the Alabama football program. Alabama football itself benefits indirectly.

they're also benefiting from the idiocy of your argument

Last edited:
I just hope they have him up on a stool to look over the podium. Otherwise the short little SOB wont be seen!

Reactions: 3 people
Be careful.

The last time this subject came up, I got a stern warning for referring to the behavior of idiots as 'idiocy.'

You have to choose your words carefully.

changed it to reflect the idiocy of his argument, which is acceptable and not a personal attack in debate.

You can tell me how Alabama would not benefit at all from this.

Any publicity that isn't a result of players being arrested is a good thing. So I would never say that the event has no benefit at all.

But the school and the program are not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Saban is not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Alabama is not recruiting anyone from that area. Almost all of the people attending this event are already Alabama fans.

The single biggest benefit of this event is the fact that it displays the massive difference in the respective states of the Alabama and Tennessee fanbases.

Any publicity that isn't a result of players being arrested is a good thing. So I would never say that the event has no benefit at all.

But the school and the program are not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Saban is not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Alabama is not recruiting anyone from that area. Almost all of the people attending this event are already Alabama fans.

The single biggest benefit of this event is the fact that it displays the massive difference in the respective states of the Alabama and Tennessee fanbases.

1) I don't think Saban is speaking for free.
2) A smart man always looks towards the future. Saban has to know by now that football talent is rising in this state of Tennessee.
3) Have you heard of the Sphere of Influence? The very fact that Saban is making an appearance in Tennessee is putting crimson tide influence into the state. Sabans prestige will influence the people that act like independent voters.

1) I don't think Saban is speaking for free.

He's donating his entire speaking fee to his Nick's Kids charity.

2) A smart man always looks towards the future. Saban has to know by now that football talent is rising in this state of Tennessee.

A good year or two does not a trend make. And even if it did, how many current middle schoolers will even remember that this event happened or will even care?

3) Have you heard of the Sphere of Influence? The very fact that Saban is making an appearance in Tennessee is putting crimson tide influence into the state. Sabans prestige will influence the people that act like independent voters.

Saban has destroyed Tennessee for the better part of a decade. He makes an appearance in Tennessee every other year, and there is nothing that he can do at this appearance that could possibly influence fans or recruits more than the latest results of those regularly-scheduled visits.

You are delusional if you think a single person, fan or recruit, will be swayed by this visit.

Last edited:

The day one of our fans poisons the hedges at UGA, I'll listen to your superior fan crap.

VN Store

Back