Rob Preston(athens Chamber of Commerce President) cries to the Times Free Press

Any publicity that isn't a result of players being arrested is a good thing. So I would never say that the event has no benefit at all.

But the school and the program are not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Saban is not receiving any kind of monetary benefit. Alabama is not recruiting anyone from that area. Almost all of the people attending this event are already Alabama fans.

The single biggest benefit of this event is the fact that it displays the massive difference in the respective states of the Alabama and Tennessee fanbases.

Don't get me wrong, I think this entire episode is asinine. Boycotting a Chamber is ridiculous. However, I actually disagree with the bolded. I once saw Gorbachev speak, that didn't mean I was pulling for the Russians.
I think people may want to go see the guy because he obviously is a talented leader, capable of motivating people and running organizations. These skills coincide with the exact thing chambers try and help businesses improve upon. Shocking how that works out.

Don't get me wrong, I think this entire episode is asinine. Boycotting a Chamber is ridiculous. However, I actually disagree with the bolded. I once saw Gorbachev speak, that didn't mean I was pulling for the Russians.
I think people may want to go see the guy because he obviously is a talented leader, capable of motivating people and running organizations. These skills coincide with the exact thing chambers try and help businesses improve upon. Shocking how that works out.
I agree 100%.

Did you spend 50 bucks to hear Gorbachev speak?

The day one of our fans poisons the hedges at UGA, I'll listen to your superior fan crap.

I was referring to the fact that 1300+ Bama fans are showing up at an event less than two hours from Knoxville, while some UT fans are losing their tiny minds over that appearance despite the fact that they failed to show up for the same event featuring several Vol legends the year before.

I'm completely aware that we have more than our share of idiots.

Did you spend 50 bucks to hear Gorbachev speak?

Lol honestly, I bet it was more. Was a fundraiser for Union University, which I hesitate to mention since they have already been linked to the enemy once in this thread. ****ing Union! Who knew those church kids were all freaking Hanoi Jane??

Ill make sure if im ever driving through athens, I wont spend a dollar there. Not that itll make a difference

:lolabove::lolabove:
Or goes to Walmart to look at a team trophy.

You sure got us there. We're so dumb for complying with the contractual obligation that comes with winning the Coaches trophy.

It would be much cooler if, instead of going to Wal-Mart, we could be like UT fans and got to check out our latest NC trophy, assuming we brought along a can of Pledge to clear off all the dust.

I live in Athens and for years been a chamber member. They have had UT folks there too. Yall folks are way off base. ILOVE MY VOLS!!!! But don't see how this should be a slap in anybody's face.its a speaking engagement. Heck...I saw lou holtz speak in thompson bowling a few years back. I dont even think Jones was even our coach when this was booked. Several years ago spurrier was here for the chamber event... fulmer...others too.Nothing wrong with listening to winners and trying to learn how to apply it to business. Nothing to do with football.....GO VOLS!!

Actually sounds like the Athens CoC does a hell of a job getting speakers.

Reactions: 2 people
You sure got us there. We're so dumb for complying with the contractual obligation that comes with winning the Coaches trophy.

It would be much cooler if, instead of going to Wal-Mart, we could be like UT fans and got to check out our latest NC trophy, assuming we brought along a can of Pledge to clear off all the dust.

The mere fact that you continue to talk about this and then act like you had a hand in winning any of those titles is high comedy. You sure do think highly of yourself for no good reason. And you need to get a godd*mn life.

The mere fact that you continue to talk about this and then act like you had a hand in winning any of those titles is high comedy. You sure do think highly of yourself for no good reason. And you need to get a godd*mn life.

Maybe he had a hand in breaking theirs...

I love these absurd arguments. We have the right to protest actions that we do not agree with. You are damn right it is a free country.

Is this serious? Boycott a town because they allow a talking garden gnome to speak?

Reactions: 2 people

Do I think highly of myself? Possibly.

Do I think I'm superior to you in pretty much every way? Absolutely. And you seem bent on reinforcing that notion.

Do I think I'm superior to you in pretty much every way? Absolutely. And you seem bent on reinforcing that notion.

We already hate all things bama...why do you feel the need to remind us that we should?

You're trolling before 7am. How sophisticated could you possibly be?

Somebody has a small wee wee if they have to think their superior. You arent superior to anyone. You never will be with arrogance.

VN Store

Back