Rob Spence of Clemson (Merged)

Crowton is a scourge to the programs he is involved with. He promises great things and leaves behind him a wake of destruction. He has ruined every team other team I like (I go to BYU, and used to live in Oregon), I will not let him ruin my Vols.

sounding a little like Lee Harvey Oswald there....

sounding a little like Lee Harvey Oswald there....

FSU DC was asked if he new how to stop Tebow, he said somehting like "Yes, but it's illegal."

That's almost how I feel about Crowton. BYU is a religious school, so we have a strict honor code, and are generally devoid of many scandals. While Crowton was here, the NCAA was looking into possible recruiting violations, and our football players were getting charged with rape form incidents at parties. He told recruits, just don't do anything I can't cover up (recruits have testified to this) and as a result our team had no discipline on or off the field. After he left BYU, we once again dominated a weak Mountain West Conference.

At Oregon, he started Leaf over Dixon for goodness sakes.

When he went to LSU I was really excited, after he gets his talons into that program they will no longer be a contender in the SEC.

I really hope he doesn't come to UT.

FSU DC was asked if he new how to stop Tebow, he said somehting like "Yes, but it's illegal."

That's almost how I feel about Crowton. BYU is a religious school, so we have a strict honor code, and are generally devoid of many scandals. While Crowton was here, the NCAA was looking into possible recruiting violations, and our football players were getting charged with rape form incidents at parties. He told recruits, just don't do anything I can't cover up (recruits have testified to this) and as a result our team had no discipline on or off the field. After he left BYU, we once again dominated a weak Mountain West Conference.

At Oregon, he started Leaf over Dixon for goodness sakes.

When he went to LSU I was really excited, after he gets his talons into that program they will no longer be a contender in the SEC.

I really hope he doesn't come to UT.

I find that very hard to believe

Blasted! I'm just going to repeat my opinion on this subject as much as possible. I would take Spence over Kippy Brown any day of the week. I'd take Marrone over Spence and I'd take Hatcher, Crowton or Calvin Magee over Marrone.
those three are the most intriguing in my mind. is Magee going to go with RR to Mich though?

as for Crowton, the one thing i could never get over watchign Ore's offense this year was how much space they created in the open field. my only concern with that is could that duplicated in the SEC against typical SEC d's?

anyway, i think i'm with you....Hatcher, Crowton, Marrone all seem to be quality.

Crowton was the OC at LSU this year. Oregon has a new OC. I wouldn't want Crowton. He had all the talent in the world this year and didn't do all that much with it. Oregon's offense got better as soon as he left.

Crowton was the OC at LSU this year. Oregon has a new OC. I wouldn't want Crowton. He had all the talent in the world this year and didn't do all that much with it. Oregon's offense got better as soon as he left.
oh, that's right...thanks.

who's the OC at oregon? cause i stand by my comments on that offense....

but not much

I would take him over those that have been mentioned. Watch what he does with the Taylor kid. Besides we wouldn't have to worry about him leaving to be a HC. He would work well with our young Qbs.

When has Virginia Tech ever had a decent offense? I don't see a Michael Vick coming to Knoxville anytime soon.

When has Virginia Tech ever had a decent offense? I don't see a Michael Vick coming to Knoxville anytime soon.
He is the QB coach and hasn't been there long! Look him up! Other than sucking as a head coach his work is as solid as anybody that has been mentioned here! Plus he can recruit!

Look at the emotion from CD. That's the kind of fire we need on our football team. CD, your name has now been tossed into the hat for the OC opening.

He is the QB coach and hasn't been there long! Look him up! Other than sucking as a head coach his work is as solid as anybody that has been mentioned here! Plus he can recruit!

I'm not familiar with him. I'm fearful of anyone from VT's offensive staff.

Hey, I'm not arguing for or against the guy. But just be aware that more than likely, we are not going to get the next Tony Franklin (Troy St) or Rich Rodriquez. We have to remember this is Fulmer, and he doesn't move far from his comfort zone.

You definitely have Fulmer pegged on that.
But it would be wonderful if we got some new blood in here and got back to where we need to be.
I guess we can all hope.

VN Store

Back