Ron Paul Can't Win

I just don't understand why the GOP establishment bosses are so afraid of Ron Paul?

In a letter delivered Wednesday to GOP Chairman Michael McDonald, the RNC's chief counsel said if Ron Paul delegates are allowed to take too many slots for the national convention, Nevada's entire contingent may not be seated in Tampa.

RNC to NV GOP: Don't let Ron Paul delegates take over national convention slots or don't bother coming to Tampa - Politics: Ralston's Flash - Las Vegas Sun

But no worries, Dr. Paul says screw the establishment.

Supporters of presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul said Thursday that they will continue their strategy to elect as many Paul supporters as possible as delegates to the national convention during Saturday’s state GOP convention — despite written threats from the Republican National Committee.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20120503...spite-threat-from-RNC?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

Crap like this that the GOP is pulling is making it very, very hard to vote for Mitt come Nov.

During the Clinton administration and what not, the GOP preached "the rule of law" and all of that nonsense. Now that the GOP has a candidate that not only is a constitutional purist, but also is using whatever legal maneuvering and tactics he can to get to Tampa, all of a sudden the rules and The Constitution don't matter anymore.

The GOP is a bunch of damned phonies.

During the Clinton administration and what not, the GOP preached "the rule of law" and all of that nonsense. Now that the GOP has a candidate that not only is a constitutional purist, but also is using whatever legal maneuvering and tactics he can to get to Tampa, all of a sudden the rules and The Constitution don't matter anymore.

The GOP is a bunch of damned phonies.

which is why I've been asking why Ron Paul is even bothering to attempt to reform the GOP. The problem I run into is that every time I do ask I get called "intellectually lazy" and "anti-freedom".

which is why I've been asking why Ron Paul is even bothering to attempt to reform the GOP. The problem I run into is that every time I do ask I get called "intellectually lazy" and "anti-freedom".

I have never thought you meant the question seriously. I would have answered a long time ago if I had realized you meant it.

Parties change personality and platforms over time. It is a lot easier to change the direction of the GOP than it is to win as an independent.

Reactions: 1 person

Oh, stop it. You don't get that response. The answer is that the GOP is not the same party it was 10-12 years ago... much less 30+ years ago when Paul first entered politics. The party has moved away from him, not the other way around.

Paul didn't abandon the GOP. The GOP is abandoning him.

Oh, stop it. You don't get that response. The answer is that the GOP is not the same party it was 10-12 years ago... much less 30+ years ago when Paul first entered politics. The party has moved away from him, not the other way around.

Paul didn't abandon the GOP. The GOP is abandoning him.

and yet you and others are continually pissing and moaning about how the GOP won't give Paul a chance.

It took Tina a while, but eventually she had to get away from Ike. Her career since has been spectacular. Why does Paul continue down this path?

Could it be that he, like any other politician, likes the comfort and money that is part and parcel of being a member of a large political party? If that's the case, I have to wonder why you support him so vociferously since RP appears to be just another political whore who has just enough leash to appear independent, but has to return every so often to his political masters to either grovel for money or make sure he doesn't damage his son's political future.

Why do you support someone like that? Paul is a RINO among RINO's.

and yet you and others are continually pissing and moaning about how the GOP won't give Paul a chance.

It took Tina a while, but eventually she had to get away from Ike. Her career since has been spectacular. Why does Paul continue down this path?

Could it be that he, like any other politician, likes the comfort and money that is part and parcel of being a member of a large political party? If that's the case, I have to wonder why you support him so vociferously since RP appears to be just another political whore who has just enough leash to appear independent, but has to return every so often to his political masters to either grovel for money or make sure he doesn't damage his son's political future.

LG-level logic right here.

To the RED highlighted: The epiphany and realization of the GOP abandoning him didn't really become clear and definitive until this election cycle. Why are you going to penalize him or his followers for just now reaching that conclusion? Should he just drop out now in the middle of the campaign? Or should he finish the job that he started?

To the GREEN highlighted: That is some weak sauce. Ron Paul is the only other GOP candidate outside of Romney that didn't have to go broke in order to run his campaign. Where are you getting this information that he's begging/asking the GOP for money? Or favors for that matter? Since when has Paul made any compromises to accommodate the GOP big wigs so that his son could get special favors? Really? If anything, he's burned more bridges in the last 6 months than he has built them.

Where are you getting this information?

What is you issue? Don't engage us with "bait" or "got'cha" questions. Just be honest and don't create straw men arguments.

wait, RP supporters whine about the Maine Caucus results being a conspiracy against Paul and you're going to criticize me for creating straw men?

wait, RP supporters whine about the Maine Caucus results being a conspiracy against Paul and you're going to criticize me for creating straw men?

No, the straw men you create are things like him not having a specific tab or link on his website that has the name "entitlements". So you then use the absence of a link as your way of creating some kind of flaw in Paul's agenda... and then you attack his stance on entitlements.

I'm serious, you created an issue out of thin air and then proceeded to tear it down and tried to use it as a Paul weakness.

I have never thought you meant the question seriously. I would have answered a long time ago if I had realized you meant it.

Parties change personality and platforms over time. It is a lot easier to change the direction of the GOP than it is to win as an independent.

As much as it sucks, this is the reality facing us. The two party system will almost be impossible to break down. I'd love a system where we had 5 or more parties. Some viewpoints would definitely be shared of course but others would not and I think it'd give a much better cross section of what the people really are like. However that really is a pipe dream.

With that said, I'd love to see Paul stand up and really start pushing ideals that need to be embraced for the future of this country's sake. And I think the GOP is much closer to that then the Democrats. Now in the end, I'm voting for Romney. Am I completely enamored with him? Nope, that distinction goes to Cain and Paul. However, he is not just the lesser of two evils. He is a vast improvement over Obama in my mind. The time to voice my perfect ideals is the primary. The time to get an absolute train wreck out of office is in November. This is not at all saying Romney doesn't have glaring issues, but I'd take his worst over Obama's best any day.

No, the straw men you create are things like him not having a specific tab or link on his website that has the name "entitlements". So you then use the absence of a link as your way of creating some kind of flaw in Paul's agenda... and then you attack his stance on entitlements.

I'm serious, you created an issue out of thin air and then proceeded to tear it down and tried to use it as a Paul weakness.

I like to see things in writing. Is that a crime? Show me somewhere that RP has put words to a page (not a transcript) that officially states his position on entitlement reform. Things said during a speech or as an answer during an interview get walked back by politicians all the time.

RP appears to be just another political whore who has just enough leash to appear independent, but has to return every so often to his political masters to either grovel for money or make sure he doesn't damage his son's political future.

I hear many opInions or thoughts against Ron Paul, but I've never heard this one, liberal or conservative. Guys like Romney have raised 4-5 times the money, have main contributors like Goldman Sachs (multiples of 50k), while Ron Paul gets more donations both in total numbers and amounts under $250.

To say he could be a rino is ludicrous. There are far too many texts, videos, voting record, and other proofs to dispel he is anything like "the rinos".

My first reaction was "you bastard", then I realized that's what you wanted and are much smarter than someone who would actually believe the above quote, at least about Ron Paul.

RP is more of a Libertarian than a Republican, hence my calling him a "RINO".

I honestly think his attempt to reform the GOP is futile.

RP is more of a Libertarian than a Republican, hence my calling him a "RINO".

I honestly think his attempt to reform the GOP is futile.

His attempting to change the GOP is his only (slim chance) to get legitimate exposure and make some sort of cultural awakening or change.

I may be misunderstand the term then. I thought it to mean greedy, conservative, warmonger.

His attempting to change the GOP is his only (slim chance) to get legitimate exposure and make some sort of cultural awakening or change.

I think you're thinking of "neoconservative". Although "greedy" is a loaded term since there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep more of your own money.

RINO is someone like Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins, republicans who vote along with the democrats for things like stimulus, amnesty and car company bailouts.

Why not? It's better than tucking my tail and "settling" for a guy like Romney or Obama, who will continue the ****ty trend we've had for the last several terms.

RP is still running for POTUS and represents more of my personal theories on political issues. I'm tired or seeing people throw up their hands, vote for a guy like Romney, then wonder why we are still at war and spending money. If we want different results, we might want to to elect someone different. Both parties have gone to **** and that's why a guy like RP is belittled and ignored.

So yeah, I'll stay positive and stick by him until his campaign is suspended or the process is over. Do I believe it will happen, no, it's unlikely. So was UT beating Alabama last year, but I still watched, cheered, and enjoyed the game.

Thank you.

I think you're thinking of "neoconservative". Although "greedy" is a loaded term since there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep more of your own money.

RINO is someone like Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins, republicans who vote along with the democrats for things like stimulus, amnesty and car company bailouts.

I misunderstood. I was thinking along the lines of Paul being a true (or ideal) republican and everyone else being rinos.

As predicted, Ron Paul backers take over Maine GOP convention — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

Fervent supporters of Ron Paul assumed control of the Maine Republican Party convention on Saturday with hopes of using their new power to send a majority of delegates to represent Maine at the national convention.

Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster had predicted in an email last week to Republicans that Paul supporters would attempt to assert their authority at the convention and that’s exactly what happened.

“Takeover is strong word; we’re all registered Republicans here,” said Matthew McDonald of Belfast, a Waldo County Republican and a Paul supporter. “But Chairman Webster called Ron Paul supporters wingnuts, he saw us as a fringe minority; now we hold the power of the convention.”

VN Store

Back