Russia and the NRA

The Nazis adopted a new gun law in 1938. According to an analysis by Bernard Harcourt, a professor at Columbia University School of Law, it loosened gun ownership rules in several ways.

It deregulated the buying and selling of rifles, shotguns and ammunition. It made handguns easier to own by allowing anyone with a hunting license to buy, sell or carry one at any time. (You didn’t need to be hunting.) It also extended the permit period from one year to three and gave local officials more discretion in letting people under 18 get a gun.

The regulations to implement this law, rather than the law itself, did impose new limits on one group: Jews.

On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

In addition to the restrictions, Ellerbrock said the Nazis had already been raiding Jewish homes and seizing weapons.

"The gun policy of the Nazis can hardly be compared to the democratic procedures of gun regulations by law," Ellerbrock told us. "It was a kind of special administrative practice (Sonderrecht), which treated people in different ways according to their political opinion or according to ‘racial identity’ in Nazi terms."

Reactions: 1 person
The Nazis adopted a new gun law in 1938. According to an analysis by Bernard Harcourt, a professor at Columbia University School of Law, it loosened gun ownership rules in several ways.

It deregulated the buying and selling of rifles, shotguns and ammunition. It made handguns easier to own by allowing anyone with a hunting license to buy, sell or carry one at any time. (You didn’t need to be hunting.) It also extended the permit period from one year to three and gave local officials more discretion in letting people under 18 get a gun.

The regulations to implement this law, rather than the law itself, did impose new limits on one group: Jews.

On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

In addition to the restrictions, Ellerbrock said the Nazis had already been raiding Jewish homes and seizing weapons.

"The gun policy of the Nazis can hardly be compared to the democratic procedures of gun regulations by law," Ellerbrock told us. "It was a kind of special administrative practice (Sonderrecht), which treated people in different ways according to their political opinion or according to ‘racial identity’ in Nazi terms."

Now tell the rest of the story...

I don’t even think about it. I see no need. And don’t see a need in this discussion either.

Because, as I’ve stated, the welfare and protection of my family is my responsibility.

A big part of this whole discussion was about all citizens making up the militia and the reasons why that was necessary.

Again, I understand your reluctance to quantify your opinions, it's sort of the PF version of pleading the 5th.

A big part of this whole discussion was about all citizens making up the militia and the reasons why that was necessary.

Again, I understand your reluctance to quantify your opinions, it's sort of the PF version of pleading the 5th.

I’m sorry I thought I was clear. I think your opinion and questions on this topic are total bull**** and not worth the winding chocolate journey Luth. You and I already agreed we will never agree on this particular topic.

I’m sorry I thought I was clear. I think your opinion and questions on this topic are total bull**** and not worth the winding chocolate journey Luth. You and I already agreed we will never agree on this particular topic.

I have intentionally not mentioned anything about gun regulations or laws. I told you, I'm going to TRY and stay out of that.

Why is it difficult for you to answer this question?

In your opinion, what is the likelihood of needing arms and provisions due to a) a foreign invasion or b) internal civil uprising or unrest?

I have intentionally not mentioned anything about gun regulations or laws. I told you, I'm going to TRY and stay out of that.

Why is it difficult for you to answer this question?

In your opinion, what is the likelihood of needing arms and provisions due to a) a foreign invasion or b) internal civil uprising or unrest?

a. very little. lets say 1%.
b. depends on how you qualify this, but if it includes loss of stability due to natural disasters I put it very high. 50% in my life time, I am 28 so still plenty of chances. if not including natural disasters its closer to 15%.

b. depends on how you qualify this, but if it includes loss of stability due to natural disasters I put it very high. 50% in my life time, I am 28 so still plenty of chances. if not including natural disasters its closer to 15%.

Thanks. Pretty reasonable and rational.

IMO, B is definitely higher (substantially) than A.

Either even being a possibility (which they are) is enough that I don't have a right to tell someone "you can't" from that standpoint.

How long do you think it will be before Betsy Devos pushes to have Blackwater protecting our schools?

IMO, B is definitely higher (substantially) than A.

Either even being a possibility (which they are) is enough that I don't have a right to tell someone "you can't" from that standpoint.

A foreign army will not invade the US with our present population and laws. In 100 years I have no idea but pretty sure I won’t care. Only exception would be “The Mouse that Roared”.

Thanks. Pretty reasonable and rational.

my prepping will only constitute a few weeks of whatever chaos. I believe much longer and you are looking at having to be mobile at which point Fort Knox and all its gold in your basement won't do you a lick of good. but I am certainly not going to tell someone they can't prep for the absolute worse case scenario. I am not going to make myself responsible for denying them the choice.

I've got a solution. All of the guns confiscated from crimes, all of the guns bought back in future buy back programs, and a few more thrown in for good measure (even some AR 15's and machine guns) can be stored around the country in strategic locations (like military bases) and when Guatemala starts to invade, the guns can be quickly distributed so the American people can fight back the invading hordes.

We don't need your solution. But thanks.

My post above to Hogg would be clear enough. Do you have stores and why? Strictly because of possible weather related catastrophes? Strictly because you think there will be some internal or external conflict? 50% both? 20% one 80% the other? I guess what I'm getting at is just how paranoid are you guys about some outside invasion or internal civil unrest/war?

I never said I didn't. I've been stranded for days due to ice storms on two occasions. I'm well prepared for that eventuality. Your assumptions are telling. (and to go as far as bump)

You're such a condescending hypocrite, Captain Assumption.

And this, Captain Assumptions.

Can you tell me how food stores have anything to do with militias or paranoia?

I'm asking so I don't have to make assumptions. LouderVol gave a good and honest reply that I appreciated. If several others would reply likewise, I would be able to change "assumptions" I may have based on people's reluctance to answer. Until then, I would hope my assumptions are telling.

And this, Captain Assumptions.

Can you tell me how food stores have anything to do with militias or paranoia?

If someone had food and supplies that could maintain ten people for a year, I would be curious as to why. If they also maintained an arsenal, my curiosity would grow. If I felt there was a legitimate possibility of civil unrest that could last an extended period of time, I would want to be prepared. If I further felt that I would have to defend myself and my family from armed insurgents, I would want to have the capability. But, I don't feel that way.

I'm ASSUMING some do. If you do, I understand your desire to stockpile. The debate would move to what I consider to be your irrational paranoia.

I'm asking so I don't have to make assumptions. LouderVol gave a good and honest reply that I appreciated. If several others would reply likewise, I would be able to change "assumptions" I may have based on people's reluctance to answer. Until then, I would hope my assumptions are telling.

It's very easy. Four key items to have during a disaster situation:

1. Water
2. Food
3. Shelter
4. Security

1 and 2 are pretty self explanatory. Clean water and shelf stable, easy to prepare foods.

3 is a bit trickier. Shelter being the home you are currently in or the means of having an alternate shelter if your primary one becomes untenable.

4 covers a lot of ground. Everything from proper lighting to cash (ain't no ATMs going to be working) to gas for a generator to...

Firearms if one desires since 911 isn't an option. Looters really don't care about your stance on firearms and would love to see that "Gun Free Home" sign in your yard in a time where they know the cops aren't going to be around.

Hope your neighbors help you. Else your cornhole ain't safe, bud.

If someone had food and supplies that could maintain ten people for a year, I would be curious as to why.

Perhaps they are Morman.

If they also maintained an arsenal, my curiosity would grow.

What the **** business is it of yours?

If I felt there was a legitimate possibility of civil unrest that could last an extended period of time, I would want to be prepared.

Sorry Sparky, might as well get your gimp mask and red ball ready to go.

If I further felt that I would have to defend myself and my family from armed insurgents, I would want to have the capability.

I've got a Whammo slingshot I'll donate to your cause.

But, I don't feel that way.

CaptainObvious_Popcorn-Spectator.gif

I'm ASSUMING some do.

1, 2, 3, 4.

If you do, I understand your desire to stockpile.

No, you don't.

The debate would move to what I consider to be your irrational paranoia.

Yeah, you've been real rational so far.

It's very easy. Four key items to have during a disaster situation:

1. Water
2. Food
3. Shelter
4. Security

1 and 2 are pretty self explanatory. Clean water and shelf stable, easy to prepare foods.

3 is a bit trickier. Shelter being the home you are currently in or the means of having an alternate shelter if your primary one becomes untenable.

4 covers a lot of ground. Everything from proper lighting to cash (ain't no ATMs going to be working) to gas for a generator to...

Firearms if one desires since 911 isn't an option. Looters really don't care about your stance on firearms and would love to see that "Gun Free Home" sign in your yard in a time where they know the cops aren't going to be around.

Hope your neighbors help you. Else your cornhole ain't safe, bud.

The lesson on items needed was not needed.
My question is specifically, what eventualities are you preparing for and how likely do you think each is to occur?

Perhaps they are Morman.

What the **** business is it of yours?

Sorry Sparky, might as well get your gimp mask and red ball ready to go.

I've got a Whammo slingshot I'll donate to your cause.

CaptainObvious_Popcorn-Spectator.gif

1, 2, 3, 4.

No, you don't.

Yeah, you've been real rational so far.

Well, that was certainly pointless.

VN Store

Back