Senators set to vote on bill to codify Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage protections

This does not make this more appetizing in my opinion. I don’t know what license I have that another state doesn’t desire to recognize, that I wish the federal government would resolve.

Your carry permit.

Politicians don't really want to fix problems. If they did, what would they campaign on? They wouldn't be able to expand their power and the federal government if they actually came up with solutions.

This!

I just don’t understand the need to tell others what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home. I’m straight and have been married for 30+ years. Why does it change anything about my life if others get married too?
1 guy 1 girl
2 guys
2 girls
3 girls
3 guys
2 guys 1 girl
Whatever.
In my world you either believe in freedom or you don’t.
As long as my freedom doesn’t infringe on you then it’s none of your business…..and it goes the other way too

Yep. Just get the .gov out of the marriage business. Want to be a couple or whatever sign a domestic contract giving power of attorney. Change the tax code.

Your carry permit.

But I don’t won’t that. If California wants to build an anti-gun culture, then so be it. They shouldn’t have to submit to what I want because of some federal legislation. It is not a good swap.

I just don’t understand the need to tell others what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own home. I’m straight and have been married for 30+ years. Why does it change anything about my life if others get married too?
1 guy 1 girl
2 guys
2 girls
3 girls
3 guys
2 guys 1 girl
Whatever.
As long as my freedom doesn’t infringe on you then it’s none of your business…..and it goes the other way too
are you against Jack Tripper - 2 girls 1 guy lifestyle? The Mr. Roper influence

Reactions: InVOLuntary
But I don’t won’t that. If California wants to build an anti-gun culture, then so be it. They shouldn’t have to submit to what I want because of some federal legislation. It is not a good swap.

When it comes to the BORs what you or California wants doesn’t matter. My right to bear arms shouldn’t be infringed in any state.

Regardless of this bill same sex and interracial marriage isn’t going to outlawed in any state so this is a perfect opportunity to use Dem stupidity for the greater good.

Just an observation in regards to CA to build an anti-gun culture.
1. get rid of it's military bases
2. get rid of gang violence
3. get rid of Hollywood action movies

If you can't do any of those things, play ball.

When it comes to the BORs what you or California wants doesn’t matter. My right to bear arms shouldn’t be infringed in any state.

Regardless of this bill same sex and interracial marriage isn’t going to outlawed in any state so this is a perfect opportunity to use Dem stupidity for the greater good.

I agree you with your point, it is a perfect opportunity to use for this. But I still do not prefer it. I prefer states to function more independently and be more closely aligned with what the citizens of that state want.

1 guy 1 girl
2 guys
2 girls
3 girls
3 guys
2 guys 1 girl
Whatever.

You can't have a healthy functioning society when you have 2 cat ladies marrying their cats. A man and a man isn't a family. A woman and a woman isn't a family. 3 women and 1 man isn't a family. It is an inverted mimic of a family as nature (or Creator) intended. Society without strong male/female families that have children won't be a society for a long.

You can't have a healthy functioning society when you have 2 cat ladies marrying their cats. A man and a man isn't a family. A woman and a woman isn't a family. 3 women and 1 man isn't a family. It is an inverted mimic of a family as nature (or Creator) intended. Society without strong male/female families that have children won't be a society for a long.
Who says? A few one offs in a country this big doesn't move the needle

Reactions: EasternVol
Who says? A few one offs in a country this big doesn't move the needle

A few one offs was a couple of generations ago. I think you may want to get out a little more and look around at the world today. Look at the number of young adults who consider themselves to be part of the LGBTQ community.

1 guy 1 girl
2 guys
2 girls
3 girls
3 guys
2 guys 1 girl
Whatever.

/thread

A few one offs was a couple of generations ago. I think you may want to get out a little more and look around at the world today. Look at the number of young adults who consider themselves to be part of the LGBTQ community.
It's still a very tiny number. There isn't a huge drive for cat/human marriage

maybe also look at how unsuccessful the ideal you described actually is. How many of those male/female relationships stay together? The marriage gatekeeping should just end

Reactions: zeppelin128

maybe also look at how unsuccessful the ideal you described actually is. How many of those male/female relationships stay together? The marriage gatekeeping should just end

The marriage gatekeeping DID end, which is why many of those male/female relationships don't stay together today. You can't have a healthy functioning society without healthy male/female marriages. THAT is why marriage should be protected by Government. If Gov't isn't doing everything it can to promote and protect a healthy functioning society, which means protecting and promoting the natural family unit, then what is it's purpose?

The marriage gatekeeping DID end, which is why many of those male/female relationships don't stay together today. You can't have a healthy functioning society without healthy male/female marriages. THAT is why marriage should be protected by Government. If Gov't isn't doing everything it can to promote and protect a healthy functioning society, which means protecting and promoting the natural family unit, then what is it's purpose?
wait, what ruined today's marriages?

Govt has no place in marriage unless it is offered to all. Give it back to the church and move away

Govt has no place in marriage unless it is offered to all.

State Gov'ts have been issuing marriage licenses since their inception and they didn't offer them to all until recently. Again, a point you do not argue, a healthy well functioning society is one that has healthy well functioning male/female families. I assume you would agree. If that is the case, shouldn't gov'ts top priority be to promote and protect healthy well functioning male/female families?

wait, what ruined today's marriages?

Govt has no place in marriage unless it is offered to all. Give it back to the church and move away
Didn't the government essentially promote single Parenthood with giveaway programs that benefited single parents with more kids...thus creating a cycles of the same...it a huge voting block for Dems...see the black population for more details

Didn't the government essentially promote single Parenthood with giveaway programs that benefited single parents with more kids...thus creating a cycles of the same...it a huge voting block for Dems...see the black population for more details
That drove the divorce rate?

People of all races have choices regardless of what govt does.

State Gov'ts have been issuing marriage licenses since their inception and they didn't offer them to all until recently. Again, a point you do not argue, a healthy well functioning society is one that has healthy well functioning male/female families. I assume you would agree. If that is the case, shouldn't gov'ts top priority be to promote and protect healthy well functioning male/female families?
What I agree with is the govt has no place trying to socially engineer a society

To the first bold, I agree that marriage as an institution is currently failing irrespective of the inclusion of same sex couples into the category. Many reasons, but ultimately, there isn't enough resistance (societal or legal) to prevent people from ending marriages. And in some ways, the ending of marriage is promoted and glorified.

To the second bold, Without the societal gatekeeping part, marriage as a category is essentially meaningless. Throughout ALL of human existence, there has been a specific category to distinguish the pair bonds which are capable of producing future generations of human existence in the form of family units. In terms of perpetuating the human race, these pair bonds are essential and should be protected and promoted. To protect them, there needs to be gatekeeping of the institution of marriage. Seems unfair on its face, but I don't see how the category can both keep its most essential purpose and also allow anyone and everyone into the category irrespective of their capability to exercise the primary function of the marriage.

As I see it, the problem is when the government grants special privileges based on marriage status. In that context, it is unfair to deny the privileges to same sex couples. So, in the legal context, they should be allowed into the category.

VN Store

Back