Should Churches Pay Taxes?

(vader @ Jul 25 said:
I would guess that homosexuals would find your characterization of their condition as a disease offensive.

as would an alchohlic. but that's ok right, we live in a society where we tell everyone they are ok, right. that works out well for the thief, alcoholic, unemployed.

come up with something better than that.

(allvol123 @ Jul 25 said:
as would an alchohlic. but that's ok right, we live in a society where we tell everyone they are ok, right. that works out well for the thief, alcoholic, unemployed.

come up with something better than that.

Why are you so concerned about how other people wish to live their life, to the point that you want to expressly prohibit them from doing what they desire?

(therealUT @ Jul 25 said:
Why are you so concerned about how other people wish to live their life, to the point that you want to expressly prohibit them from doing what they desire?

I said earlier I was not, what people do behind closed doors is their business. But it is not staying behind closed doors, there is a homosexual agenda and it is being stuffed in our faces everyday, tv, magazines, movies. If you do not believe this then you are not as open to learning as you think you are. It along with other issues will destroy this society, look already at how many of you are so strongly willing to defend this behavior. What has it brought to this world that is so great. AIDS? Also, anyone that defines their existence by their sexual preference is a pretty sad soul.

(allvol123 @ Jul 25 said:
I said earlier I was not, what people do behind closed doors is their business. But it is not staying behind closed doors, there is a homosexual agenda and it is being stuffed in our faces everyday, tv, magazines, movies. If you do not believe this then you are not as open to learning as you think you are. It along with other issues will destroy this society, look already at how many of you are so strongly willing to defend this behavior. What has it brought to this world that is so great. AIDS? Also, anyone that defines their existence by their sexual preference is a pretty sad soul.

<running away screaming> The homosexuals are coming&#33; Run for your lives.

(allvol123 &#064; Jul 25 said:

I believe there is a homosexual agenda. I, however, feel it is only a symptom of a bigger problem in America today. There is a lack of family values across America today. There used to be a large enough Federal Tax Credit back in the &#39;50s and &#39;60s for single income earning families (i.e., mom is a housewife) that only one of the spouse&#39;s had to work (&#036;35,000 in todays dollars.) However, the Federal Gov&#39;t in all its wisdom, let 30 years pass without adjusting that figure for inflation...forcing dual income families in lower income households. Families rarely eat dinner at a table these days, most of the time they spend dinner in front of 1 or more TVs. There is a void in much of our youth. Most social movements attract youth that need something extra in their life. So, as time has gone on, homosexuality and any movements associated with it have grown. It has grown, because where my theory of orientation stated that one orients themselves to fond familiar images and attributes, these images and attributes have been replaced by TV personalities, characters, etc. The solution is not in banning gay marriage, the solution is in turning the TV off and getting to know your children.

Someone who feels that the "homosexual agenda" is one of the biggest problems in our country questioning my intelligence makes me laugh.

[attachmentid=5653]

Attachments

• Whatever.JPG
    Whatever.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
(therealUT &#064; Jul 25 said:
I believe there is a homosexual agenda. I, however, feel it is only a symptom of a bigger problem in America today. There is a lack of family values across America today. There used to be a large enough Federal Tax Credit back in the &#39;50s and &#39;60s for single income earning families (i.e., mom is a housewife) that only one of the spouse&#39;s had to work (&#036;35,000 in todays dollars.) However, the Federal Gov&#39;t in all its wisdom, let 30 years pass without adjusting that figure for inflation...forcing dual income families in lower income households. Families rarely eat dinner at a table these days, most of the time they spend dinner in front of 1 or more TVs. There is a void in much of our youth. Most social movements attract youth that need something extra in their life. So, as time has gone on, homosexuality and any movements associated with it have grown. It has grown, because where my theory of orientation stated that one orients themselves to fond familiar images and attributes, these images and attributes have been replaced by TV personalities, characters, etc. The solution is not in banning gay marriage, the solution is in turning the TV off and getting to know your children.
agreed. but what is the solution for the people that never do this(the majority) and end up running our counrty?

(vader &#064; Jul 25 said:
Someone who feels that the "homosexual agenda" is one of the biggest problems in our country questioning my intelligence makes me laugh.
[attachmentid=5653]

your replies are not very useful.

I can&#39;t argue with that, although I am still uncertain about the nature/nuture issue when it comes to homosexuality.

Spending more time with your kids and not relying on the big shiny box for a baby sitter is a great idea.

agreed. but what is the solution for the people that never do this(the majority) and end up running our counrty?

Then it happens, we are a Representative Republic not a theocracy. However, the long term solution is this: have a lot of children, instill your values in them, and encourage them to have a lot of children. Catholics and Mormons seem to have this one figured out pretty well.

I enjoy it too, I just don&#39;t take myself so seriously that I can&#39;t make a joke or two.

I will just go on record saying, whatever your personal beliefs about what is right or wrong, having the government limit freedoms is not the answer.

Then it happens, we are a Representative Republic not a theocracy. However, the long term solution is this: have a lot of children, instill your values in them, and encourage them to have a lot of children. Catholics and Mormons seem to have this one figured out pretty well.

Maybe we can get the government to regulate the amount of children you can have, too. <- Sarcasm

(vader &#064; Jul 25 said:
Maybe we can get the government to regulate the amount of children you can have, too. <- Sarcasm

It is sarcastic, however, one must realize that the people you share beliefs with will not always be in power. When the power is reversed, do you want them to legislate their morality on you? One could easily make the argument that having too many children hurts the country, and therefore, legislate a limit. Oh, wait, that happened...thanks Mao.

my kids education will be taken care of by me and their mother no doubt, but that does not solve the problem of the millions of other kids that are fed an agenda in public schools and will coexist in this country with mine.

Oh man, if there&#39;s any karma in the world, one of your children will end up gay.

I&#39;m a recovering alcoholic and I&#39;m not offended by anyone calling it a disease, because it&#39;s just that....a disease. There is a certain gene that is passed on from you ancestors. Sometimes it skips a generation, sometimes others replace it with other things like work or religion.

However, I don&#39;t appreciate you lumping alcoholics in with thieves and the unemployed and whatever else. You have a lot to learn.

(Orangewhiteblood &#064; Jul 25 said:
I&#39;m a recovering alcoholic and I&#39;m not offended by anyone calling it a disease, because it&#39;s just that....a disease. There is a certain gene that is passed on from you ancestors. Sometimes it skips a generation, sometimes others replace it with other things like work or religion.

However, I don&#39;t appreciate you lumping alcoholics in with thiefs and the unemployed and whatever else. You have a lot to learn.
teach me then. I lumped them together because they lack will in overcoming their problems. Am i wrong?

(Orangewhiteblood &#064; Jul 25 said:
Oh man, if there&#39;s any karma in the world, one of your children will end up gay.

karma doesn&#39;t work in my world, and no they want. sorry to disappoint you.

teach me then. I lumped them together because they lack will in overcoming their problems. Am i wrong?

I think you are being way to broad in your generalization that all those problems are a matter of will.

(GAVol &#064; Jul 25 said:
I think you are being way to broad in your generalization that all those problems are a matter of will.

i did not say they are will only, but in fact most personal demons do require strong will to be defeated

(VolinArizona &#064; Jul 25 said:
If every other business has to, they should.

you thought does not make sense. legitimate churches are not a business. come up with something else.

you thought does not make sense. legitimate churches are not a business. come up with something else.

Even though I disagree with it, his thought makes plenty of sense. Churches do a lot of things now that they would have never considered doing just a few years ago. The line between "for profit" and "not for profit" is getting more blurry by the minute.

VN Store

Back