So apparently having negative opinions toward specific foods are now considered "culturally insensitive."

Did he says their food culture is disgusting, or just specific random items. Have you ever had a century old egg. My dad has, as not to offend those that offered it when he was on a business trip. Nastiest thing he ever put in his mouth. But, he loved the majority of the local cuisine. Heck, even among that entire race, most will not touch that egg and find it disgusting. You know what's disgusting...Not only that egg, but the cousin of that egg in the Phillipines that has a fully developed duck embryo as it's main attraction, not to mention a year long underground fermentation process.

Lighten up Nancy and quit reacting to someone's tweet that just wanted their few moments.
Dave Barry in his book on Japan jokes that he thinks in sushi restaurants, the employees are just trolling the drunk westerners, taking bets on what’s the worst thing they can successfully feed to us. They are really back in the kitchen making fun of us 😂😂😂

Dave Barry in his book on Japan jokes that he thinks in sushi restaurants, the employees are just trolling the drunk westerners, taking bets on what’s the worst thing they can successfully feed to us. They are really back in the kitchen making fun of us 😂😂😂

No doubt. And we make fun of them and their Kodak's when they come to the states. If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at others.

Did he says their food culture is disgusting, or just specific random items. Have you ever had a century old egg. My dad has, as not to offend those that offered it when he was on a business trip. Nastiest thing he ever put in his mouth. But, he loved the majority of the local cuisine. Heck, even among that entire race, most will not touch that egg and find it disgusting. You know what's disgusting...Not only that egg, but the cousin of that egg in the Phillipines that has a fully developed duck embryo as it's main attraction, not to mention a year long underground fermentation process.

Lighten up Nancy and quit reacting to someone's tweet that just wanted their few moments.
Balut. I won't touch it. I must hate all southeast Asians.

Reactions: GVF
Sea urchin, sea cucumber, jellyfish, all seafood I've had in Japan and will never intentionally eat again.

So I'm also a racist that hates Japanese people too.

So you agree with everyone here on this topic, but you still want to make sure your opinion is more bespoke and cool than everyone else's opinion.

"Do better"??? Woke jargon is unbecoming.

"Better comedy" is woke?

I don't agree because the vibe here is just as whiney and useless as the woke crowd. I see both sides and can't take either. It's horseshoe theory

Sea urchin, sea cucumber, jellyfish, all seafood I've had in Japan and will never intentionally eat again.

Like I say, they really don’t eat any of this stuff themselves. They are in the kitchen saying “I just got that stupid American to eat a jellied squid tentacle. You owe me 1000 yen 😉

Like I say, they really don’t eat any of this stuff themselves. They are in the kitchen saying “I just got that stupid American to eat a jellied squid tentacle. You owe me 1000 yen 😉
Those folks eat natto (fermented soy beans, TERRIBLE) so I bet at least some of them eat that stuff.

No doubt. And we make fun of them and their Kodak's when they come to the states. If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at others.
I prefer to laugh at EVERYONE, myself as well as others. The human race is rather a silly lot

Reactions: Wireless1
Balut. I won't touch it. I must hate all southeast Asians.

That Balut was probably the only thing in Filipino cuisine I wouldn't touch. Fantastic food over there. Or the street side vendors, unless it was oil fried. Fried bananas, yum.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Those folks eat natto (fermented soy beans, TERRIBLE) so I bet at least some of them eat that stuff.
The Swedes take the cake (pun intended)

Surströmming. Surströmming (say "soor-stroh-ming") is tinned fish from Sweden that is fermented (put in a salty brine for two months) before the tins are sealed up and sold. The process of fermenting the fish creates a strong rotten egg smell.
96FE78B1-58FC-446D-AD85-4AD386CF568F.gif

Great thing about that show was that even though the Hillbillies were seen as backwards they usually needed up seeing things more clearly that’s their sophisticated city neighbors
My cousin visited family in Illinois in the 90’s…. The next door neighbors were so disappointed that he drove a decent car and wore nikes…. They expected him to roll up looking like the Beverly hillbillies.

Sadly, probably not. With basically no recent movie releases, we've been watching a bunch of the older classics. Many of the comedies would never fly, now.
It would be fun to find a younger studio exec who had never seen Blazing Saddles and drop the screenplay on their desk to see if they would approve it 😂

Reactions: Wireless1

Alot of that is delicacy food, that only the wealthiest of the society can afford, and it's trendy for them. The every day menu is not as extreme. Unless your out in the villages where stir fried insects are a staple of diet.

My cousin visited family in Illinois in the 90’s…. The next door neighbors were so disappointed that he drove a decent car and wore nikes…. They expected him to roll up looking like the Beverly hillbillies.
Ah yes, when I think of urbane and sophisticated living, I immediately bring to mind ….(checks notes)…..: ILLINOIS 😂😂😂

Reactions: volbeast33
Alot of that is delicacy food, that only the wealthiest of the society can afford, and it's trendy for them. The every day menu is not as extreme. Unless your out in the villages where stir fried insects are a staple of diet.
We should ship them all our Cicadas then 😉

The Swedes take the cake (pun intended)

Surströmming. Surströmming (say "soor-stroh-ming") is tinned fish from Sweden that is fermented (put in a salty brine for two months) before the tins are sealed up and sold. The process of fermenting the fish creates a strong rotten egg smell.
View attachment 376808
That stunk through my computer screen.

VN Store

Back