So proud of my home state

How are homosexuals a protected class? Was it the religious persecution they still experience around the world or the marriage inequality that gave it away?

They are legally a protected class. As in, there are specific anti-descrimation laws to protect them.

I’m anxiously awaiting the weekend I show Blazing Saddles to my grandkids. Youngest needs to be at least 7 or 8.
I’m not old and I have no kids. Early 40s, but I am doing everything I can to spread the knowledge of Mel Brooks to my coworkers in their 20s. The last 2 we’ve hired had never even heard of Blazing Saddles.

Unacceptable.

I’m not old and I have no kids. Early 40s, but I am doing everything I can to spread the knowledge of Mel Brooks to my coworkers in their 20s. The last 2 we’ve hired had never even heard of Blazing Saddles.

Unacceptable.

Never heard of Blazing Saddles? What the F-idy F has happened to this country?

They are legally a protected class. As in, there are specific anti-descrimation laws to protect them.

I don't know. I think tax exemption laws make for a more protected class. Religious organizations are a protected class. Veterans are a protected class.

Anti-discrimination laws exist at times because a class is rendered unprotected.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
I don't know. I think tax exemption laws make for a more protected class. Religious organizations are a protected class. Veterans are a protected class.

Anti-discrimination laws exist at times because a class is rendered unprotected.

I’m pretty sure veterans aren’t a protected class.

First, you seem to have stumbled into the conversation without much frame of reference. And I'm not against labeling parents groomers, but that doesn't shift blame away from the degenerates who are knowingly performing raunchy burlesque for kids. There is a lot of room under the groomer tent for both parties.

And I don't really know wtf you're talking about wrt pedo rings. Are you under the impression that grooming only applies to pedo rings? Groomers can groom anyone for any reason. Showing kids drag is grooming in the sense that they are trying to make it seem normal for scantily clad adults to dance in a sexual manner for kids. It is weird and creepy, and I'm not out of touch for thinking so.

And sexuality is a spectrum... ok? I don't see what that has to do with the hobby of drag. Criticism of drag should not be conflated with criticism of homosexuality or any other LGBTQ group.

Grooming in this context has a specific meaning and using while claiming that is not what you meant is a dishonest tactic.

Grooming in this context has a specific meaning and using while claiming that is not what you meant is a dishonest tactic.

No, grooming young minds to be more accepting of shocking sexual adult behavior is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think the performers are doing it so that they can then sexually abuse the kids or abduct them into a pedo ring, but that does not change the fact that it is grooming behavior.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
No, grooming young minds to be more accepting of shocking sexual adult behavior is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think the performers are doing it so that they can then sexually abuse the kids or abduct them into a pedo ring, but that does not change the fact that it is grooming behavior.

Grooming is a professional term used to describe the calculated and gradual process by which an offender sexually abuses a child. It is a horrifyingly planned and manipulative act that makes victims of sexual abuse feel complacent and adds an additional layer of protection for the offender.

Grooming has a meaning. You are using the term which has a meaning in efforts to categorize these people as sexual offenders. It is a dishonest tactic.

Yes it does because that isn't grooming.

Normalization? Sure. Grooming? No.

Grooming is a professional term used to describe the calculated and gradual process by which an offender sexually abuses a child. It is a horrifyingly planned and manipulative act that makes victims of sexual abuse feel complacent and adds an additional layer of protection for the offender.

Grooming has a meaning. You are using the term which has a meaning in efforts to categorize these people as sexual offenders. It is a dishonest tactic.

First, even in the psychological literature, there is not a formal and agreed upon definition of grooming. The most narrowly defined version is as you have described. I've also seen broad definitions which drag for kids would fall under.

But let's go with your definition. One of the steps for grooming is to normalize adult sexual relationships and imagery with kids. So, using this definition, the most charitable thing you can say is that drag for kids is a grooming tactic, but is not sufficient to be called "grooming". So it is grooming adjacent. That's kind of how I've been thinking of it all along, so forgive my previous imprecise language. As stated, I don't think these performers should be arrested because I don't think these actions rise to the level of child sexual abuse, but what they're doing is despicable and really tests boundaries.

First, even in the psychological literature, there is not a formal and agreed upon definition of grooming. The most narrowly defined version is as you have described. I've also seen broad definitions which drag for kids would fall under.

But let's go with your definition. One of the steps for grooming is to normalize adult sexual relationships and imagery with kids. So, using this definition, the most charitable thing you can say is that drag for kids is a grooming tactic, but is not sufficient to be called "grooming". So it is grooming adjacent. That's kind of how I've been thinking of it all along, so forgive my previous imprecise language. As stated, I don't think these performers should be arrested because I don't think these actions rise to the level of child sexual abuse, but what they're doing is despicable and really tests boundaries.

So, who is the "groomer" in your situation?

So, who is the "groomer" in your situation?

I'd say the parents and the performer, or possibly the organization putting on the performance. And I'll modify "groomer" to be "those exhibiting grooming behavior" to be more precise.

In my opinion, I don't think the point of the shows are to desensitize kids to adult sexuality so that they can be sexually abused. It may be strictily for entertainment, but It may also serve a side goal of normalizing the behavior to better form a progressive utopia. Either way, in so doing, it will accidentally make these kids more susceptible to sexual abuse in the future.

I'd say the parents and the performer, or possibly the organization putting on the performance. And I'll modify "groomer" to be "those exhibiting grooming behavior" to be more precise.

exhibiting grooming behavior? Your definition of grooming appears to be more along the lines of desensitizing or influencing young minds. Is that accurate?

exhibiting grooming behavior? Your definition of grooming appears to be more along the lines of desensitizing or influencing young minds. Is that accurate?

Normalizing, desensitizing, and influencing. Yes. That fits the broad definition of grooming in some psychological publications. And in the narrowly defined example, that is a part of the grooming process, but not a sufficient condition to be labeled "grooming".

Normalizing, desensitizing, and influencing. Yes. That fits the broad definition of grooming in some psychological publications. And in the narrowly defined example, that is a part of the grooming process, but not a sufficient condition to be labeled "grooming".

It is not close to grooming because the intent of grooming is to prey on groomed individual.

But how is it any different than taking small children to church or to influence them from a political standpoint. Those would be grooming activities under your definition. You might be in favor of such things but that should hardly matter in the definition.

It is not close to grooming because the intent of grooming is to prey on groomed individual.

But how is it any different than taking small children to church or to influence them from a political standpoint. Those would be grooming activities under your definition. You might be in favor of such things but that should hardly matter in the definition.

What are you normalizing or desensitizing them to in church? I guess the image of a guy nailed on a cross, which I imagine would be shocking, but that's about the extent of it. And obvious Catholic Priest jokes aside, exposure to church will not make kids more susceptible to sexual abuse or exploitation in the way that exposure to explicitly sexual adult drag performances would.

How are homosexuals a protected class? Was it the religious persecution they still experience around the world or the marriage inequality that gave it away?
Maybe police wasting resources trying to track down an unknown driver who left skid marks on a Ft Lauderdale street „pride flag“. Not that I am condoning such behavior, but we all know that police would yawn with someone BURNING an American flag. So which class is being „protected“ here?
Fort Lauderdale Police Searching for Driver Who Defaced Pride Flag Street Mural – NBC 6 South Florida

Maybe police wasting resources trying to track down an unknown driver who left skid marks on a Ft Lauderdale street „pride flag“. Not that I am condoning such behavior, but we all know that police would yawn with someone BURNING an American flag. So which class is being „protected“ here?
Fort Lauderdale Police Searching for Driver Who Defaced Pride Flag Street Mural – NBC 6 South Florida
Then they will have to catch a couple of kids on bicycles
Bicyclists caught on camera defacing Pride flag mural in Fort Lauderdale Beach – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

VN Store

Back