So proud of my home state

Well, when Heaven comes to Earth, we can consider that. Until then, society needs guardrails.

The guardrails are simple, don't hurt (broad term) other people. Beyond that what do you need to be told not to do?

The obsession many of y'all have with what other people do with their own bodies, and not just in the aspect of trans surgery, will never cease to amaze me.

Really? You have have to be told what's hurtful to other people? Are you 12?
I am not even opposed to the information sharing. It’s the reaction after.

“Hey bro. I just want you know there have been a lot of studies conducted and not affirming someones gender identity can be harmful”.

The information is fine. It’s the name calling and the pursuit of legislation to make my life a living hell if I don’t agree and adhere to the information being presented that bothers me.

Ok, what would you be doing that hurts others if the government didn't outlaw it?
Probably nothing, but I'm not overly motivated by greed, have a healthy amount of empathy, and believe philosophically in the "golden rule".
If all individuals functioned appropriately, there would be little need for government. Governments have always been called upon to compensate for the shortcomings of the individuals/society.

Probably nothing, but I'm not overly motivated by greed, have a healthy amount of empathy, and believe philosophically in the "golden rule".
If all individuals functioned appropriately, there would be little need for government. Governments have always been called upon to compensate for the shortcomings of the individuals/society.

And clearly humility is one of your finest characteristics…

Reactions: luthervol

Then why do all governments fail at compensating for the short comings of individuals?

Then why do all governments fail at compensating for the short comings of individuals?
I wouldn't say they fail. After all, humans have pretty much claimed dominance over the planet and governments have been a key component of human evolution.

VN Store

Back