So which team/teams get left out of the playoffs?

The facts are an undefeated FSU took care of business at 13-0 and a 12-1 Bama team didnt at home against Texas. I hope Michigan beats the hell out of that pos school.
Easy to go 13-0 in the ACC when your schedule ranks at 55. Keep ignoring that. Maybe we should put liberty in also.

Both Alabama and Georgia with FSU's schedule are 13-0. Everyone knows that. FSU with either Bama or Georgia schedule won't even be 12-1 with Jordan Travis. You can't discount FSU's horrible conference or their injured qb. Don't feel bad. Some people understand the sport and some don't.
Some people think their opinion is up there with God’s and some don’t.

The facts are an undefeated FSU took care of business at 13-0 and a 12-1 Bama team didnt at home against Texas. I hope Michigan beats the hell out of that pos school.
Bama faced both Texas and Georgia who are in the top 6. Did FSU even face anyone in the Top 20?

So I guess if this committee was in NFL when Baltimore Ravens won Superbowl with basically Defense and no Offense with a terrible QB. They would have had the refs to block them with a barrage of penalties leading up to the playoffs.

Reactions: volfan102455
Yet that conference won 6 out of 10 games against SEC opponents and three of our four wins were against Georgia Tech and Virginia.
FSU strength of schedule was 55. Non of those ACC wins came against Bama or GA. If FSU's starting QB was healthy then they are in no doubt , no question. You cannot loose your best player and think it does not greatly affect the team.

Folks are acting like they just gave Bama a championship. Games have to be played. The 4 best teams are in it. The biggest argument is Georgia being left out.
Exactly. And what cost Georgia, fair or not, was their schedule.

People saying Bama bias are being ridiculous.

Took Bama a 4th and 31 to knock off a .500 Auburn team and they are trying to talk "eye test"

Lmfao

Blame Auburn for their defensive stupidity.

As a few of us said earlier in the day, FSU had a weak schedule--and being undefeated in a weak conference certainly doesn't mean that you're
better than a 1-loss team from the strongest conference, and so, while I hate bama, IMO the committee got it right.

Florida State without Jordan Travis is not a top 4 team. That team loses to Bama, Georgia, Texas, or Ohio State. Thank God we don't have to watch them get murdered in the first round.

So TV ratings drove the decision? Shocker.

Bama faced both Texas and Georgia who are in the top 6. Did FSU even face anyone in the Top 20.
They lost by double digits at home to Texas & pulled out a miracle last week vs a bad mediocre team. So to say their a better team now is baseless.

Once again, FSU is a 13-0 P5 champ. Bama is not. The CFP decided that teams who can pull huge financial resources into TV ratings and ticket sales matter more. There is zero reason to play a regular season schedule since it does not matter. New precedent!

Also and I say this once again, if FSU is drastically now a worse team, the committee has no reason to push Bama to 4th while keeping Georgia behind FSU.
First Bold - So what? Winning a garbage conference isn't impressive.

Second Bold - It doesn't matter who is 5th or 6th. Same thing.

You've already made the argument against yourself in your previous post when you said "With Jordan Travis blah blah blah". They don't have him. He's out for the year. FSU is not a top 4 team right now. Your thinking is how TCU, which was not a top 4 team last year made the cut and how we got a 65-7 natty. Just because they won a crappy conference. It's the top 4 teams not "Deserving".

Bottom line, 4 teams is absurd. Needs to be 24 like the FCS.

By bully im assuming you mean they’re routinely the biggest, strongest kid on the playground.
No- It is the use of "well we just schedule cupcakes" mentality to downplay the Texas loss and then circling the wagons against a team to point out why that team should not be there. That is the bully factor.

A non-bully approach is to just state your argument based on what your teams have done without discrediting other teams.

Reactions: TNgradmom
Florida State without Jordan Travis is not a top 4 team. That team loses to Bama, Georgia, Texas, or Ohio State. Thank God we don't have to watch them get murdered in the first round.
And Bama at full strength needed a miracle to escape Auburn a week ago. So how is Bama unequivocally a top 4 team?

Bama faced both Texas and Georgia who are in the top 6. Did FSU even face anyone in the Top 20?
FSU just beat a higher ranked team than Texas and got passed. If everything else was so important then why was FSU ranked higher than Texas to begin with?
Rhetorical question..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_114741_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_114741_ESPN.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4
Told yall they wouldn't keep those bammers out. I am glad they let Texas in though. They are deserving.
Yep. Texas certainly before Alabama. Bama is better than FSU right now but I’ll never believe they deserved it before FSU. FSU did everything they were supposed to do. Alabama did not. Congrats to Bama for having the name and for having the weight of the SEC behind them. Personally I think that’s what drove it. Thought the committee would have more courage but I guess not.

If the Bowls were not so screwed up with predetermined selections, Ohio St or Oregon vs Florida State in a bowl would help the FSU argument one way or another.
If I understand the bowl selection / tie-ins, the Orange Bowl should be FSU vs Georgia. The best possible matchup other than playoff bowl games.

Reactions: volfan102455
So I guess if this committee was in NFL when Baltimore Ravens won Superbowl with basically Defense and no Offense with a terrible QB. They would have had the refs to block them with a barrage of penalties leading up to the playoffs.

They weren't the BEST team so had no business winning or even being in the game - per some folks.

VN Store

Back